Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 184 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

4th line getting the first goal was a great way to start.  Rask’s save after the Kuraly goal was a nut crusher.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Sharks just scored 4 goals on a 5 minute power play to go from down 3-0 to up 4-3.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen four goals scored on a major.

howzie
    Participant

This game is NUTZ

And that was a cheap ass major with game misconduct, considering the way they have been calling this game

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Wow. Has that ever been done before?

I think I’d agree. Despite the blood gushing out of his head, it looked like a freak accident rather than a malicious act.

Reminds me of the time the Bruins scored three goals in one penalty killing minor. But this was in Game 7 to erase a lead.

Humphrey
    Participant

Without looking or listening to anything, what’s today’s big story line after a great B’s win?

1. Remaining playoff teams are tomato cans.
    2. The Red Sox doubleheader loss
    3. The Celts can’t possibly beat the Bucks

I’d be surprised if were anything other than one of those 3.

Nick B
    Participant

Without looking or listening to anything, what’s today’s big story line after a great B’s win?

1. Remaining playoff teams are tomato cans.

2. The Red Sox doubleheader loss

3. The Celts can’t possibly beat the Bucks

I’d be surprised if were anything other than one of those 3.

Felger and his lapdog will find a way to shit on them.  Lotion boy was hedging his bet all week saying that he picked Boston to win the series but it wouldn’t surprise him if Toronto wins.

NASCL
    Participant

Trying to get a (non-Breer) hatred for Columbus and coming up short.  I’m sure Game 1 will provide one for the remainder of the series.

jforb
    Participant

Trying to get a (non-Breer) hatred for Columbus and coming up short. I’m sure Game 1 will provide one for the remainder of the series.

That’s not sufficient?

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

No idea when it happened, but he got 10 new lifetime subscriptions recently. That might pay for one trip to Columbus.

Lebron
    Participant

Torts alone doesn’t get it done?  Take a lap NASCL

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Trying to get a (non-Breer) hatred for Columbus and coming up short. I’m sure Game 1 will provide one for the remainder of the series.

That’s not sufficient?

I find Duchene to be a serious douche.   I suspect he’s more of a “more damaging to his own team” douche, though

Feejis
    Participant

That’s not sufficient?

I find Duchene to be a serious douche. I suspect he’s more of a “more damaging to his own team” douche, though

It’s in his name after all.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m inclined to hate Duchene as well and he was a cry baby bitch on his way out the door, speaks volumes that he got traded again. They got a respectable haul for his bitch ass too – Sam Girard had been good until he got hurt in the Flames series (which got Makar on the ice anyhow), Shane Bowers looks like he could be a good one, one of the picks they moved in the Grubauer trade, and the #4 pick in the upcoming draft.

Humphrey
    Participant

Parkas are a wagon bro?

NASCL
    Participant

Torts alone doesn’t get it done? Take a lap NASCL

Probably will have to take two.

In my strange world, I covertly like the guy, at least in small doses.

Participant

Torts alone doesn’t get it done? Take a lap NASCL

Probably will have to take two.

In my strange world, I covertly like the guy, at least in small doses.

He went after noted NY Post pud Larry Brooks – :lol: – I’m ok with him, he loathes the media and he could strangle Lord Douchepont.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

+1 for the use of “pud”

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Seems like he does most of that stuff to promote his hardo brand.  That time when he went after the Flames coach at the intermission was laughable, he knew full well there would be security there.  Great work at the World Cup a few years ago, spent more time and energy aping for cameras that he was an anthem guy  than coaching a hockey team.  I did like throwing water bottles at Capitals fans though.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

+1 for the use of “pud”

Can one use ‘pud’ and ‘dink’ interchangeably or is there a subtle difference? I’ll hang up and listen.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’d love to see Milbury “behind the glass” at a Rangers home game on NBCSN just to see him go into the crowd and belt a guy with his own shoe again. Can you imagine the lawsuit that would be filed if that happened today?

:blink:

Feejis
    Participant

I thought Milbury was terrible as an in game commentator. Seemed like he didn’t really want to pay attention that closely.

Coma
    Participant

I keep reading/hearing how easy the schedule is for next year – where’s weirdo Peter King to tell me how many other teams have 4 games over 21 days?

People either know that negative Patriots stories get attention or they really believe these “easy schedule” theories they come up with. Or both. The one making the rounds last week was that, based on current rosters, the Patriots have the easiest schedule. This roster analysis was done before the draft and before transactions like the Frank Clark trade, so it’s a flawed approach. Not only were the folks behind this working with incomplete rosters, but, you also can’t guarantee that players will repeat their performance from the year before. Sam Darnold and Josh Allen, for example, could be better or worse than they were last year . If they’re improved from their rookie seasons, the Patriots schedule will be tougher than it looked on paper, in April. I’m actually a little curious to see what they come up with next year to claim the Patriots have some unfair scheduling advantage.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Milbury was really dumping all over Marchand last night. Did Marchand really play that terrible?

Lebron
    Participant

I caught the one where Marchand turned it over which led to a Toronto rush.  Milbury and the other guy, Bouchard I think, were all over turnovers last night.  Bouchard had a “Toronto is losing, but they’re really winning!” vibe to him last night.

Lebron
    Participant

2 years 68 million for Rapist.  37.5 signing bonus and 30 million injury guarantee.  On top of the 12 he gets this upcoming season.  So you more than doubled his pay, nearly tripled. In his age 38 and 39 years.  Led the league in picks last year, I’m sure that will improve.  What’s not to like about that move!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar