Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 184 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

It’ll be fun to see Pittsburgh reenact the last few years of the Eli Manning experience.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Carolina knows there’s a game going on right now, right?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Dan Snyder may give Arizona no choice but to trade the 1st pick if he’s taking over draft strategy.

How does our 1st for the next 5 years sound for Murray?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Here they come.

Coma
    Participant

Here they come.

They were just trying to make it interesting.

Coma
    Participant

No criminal charges will be brought against Tyreek Hill. If he avoids discipline from the league, it’s a lock PK will write something like this next season (and then be flabbergasted when someone tells him it’s tone deaf):

Tyreek Hill beat [insert defensive back’s name] like he was a 5 year old.

Lefty

Washington out is a nice plus for the Bruins, who have a seriously hard time with Holtby.

if the B’s can take care of business, the road is starting to come together well for them.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Doc’s kids with a gutsy win on the road vs. the Warriors.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Doc’s kids with a gutsy win on the road vs. the Warriors.

Was shocked to see that this morning.

Interesting playoffs in both sports.

NASCL
    Participant

Willie pegging the first round from a payphone above.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Caps looked like they had concrete in their skate boots in the OT. Carolina was all over them.

McGinn not only scored the series-winning goal win in the second overtime, he prevented a potential series-losing goal when he swept the puck out of the Carolina crease in the first OT. third period. It had trickled behind Mrazek with the Caps buzzing around him.

Bruins are the top-seeded team across both conferences. But this year, that obviously doesn’t mean a thing. They’re lucky they haven’t had overtime ordeals against the Leafs; hopefully they’ll be sharp and on their game tonight. Columbus and the Islanders will be rested — but will they be too rested?

EDIT: Third period, not first OT.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I thought Milbury was terrible as an in game commentator. Seemed like he didn’t really want to pay attention that closely.

I agree. He was opinionated and acerbic in studio, but doesn’t add much from behind the glass. “Marshmallow soft” you might say. Just looked it up — he’s almost 67. Hope his reflexes are good so he can avoid those flying pucks.

Participant

Now that the games are off NESN, does Jaffe just set up shop at Causeway and Canal and yap at strangers all day?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Now that the games are off NESN, does Jaffe just set up shop at Causeway and Canal and yap at strangers all day?

:lol:    You could say the same about Jack Edwards.  OTOH, no Dale Arnold on the tube until October at the earliest. That’s a shame.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

NESN still does pre and post game shows even though the game itself is shown elsewhere so Jaffe will be around for a while. I think he also does some gigs for the NHL network but that may have lower viewership than NESN.

Participant

:lol:You could say the same about Jack Edwards. OTOH, no Dale Arnold on the tube until October at the earliest. That’s a shame.

I think my irrational dislike of him goes back to a Beanpot OT game where despite the action being end to end he was making a point that was about 4 minutes old.  Let it breathe Billy.

To bad the sequence that won the game for Carolina began with Wilson not being able to get the puck out of his own end.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Milbury is so negative when he calls the Bruins games I feel like I’m listening to a caller to Felger’s show. Krejci has the best year of his career and Milbury says he’s slow and not good anymore (or never was). Too busy calling Johansson soft to see a goal being scored. Spent an entire game calling the third and fourth lines useless then those guys go out and win two elimination games almost by themselves. He obviously still has a grudge against the B’s and Chara after he dumped him for Yashin 20 years ago. And it’s obvious he hates the current NHL game that’s based around speed and finesse and that he never could have played.

Edwards is an overly enthusiastic homer but harmless. Brick is one of the best in the game.

Participant

With 16 years experience as a Coach/GM Mike’s teams made 5 playoff appearances.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Coaching record with the Isles: 56-111-24 over one full season and parts of three others. Maybe he had a shitty GM building his roster …

Hockey Ref page

Suzy
    Participant

Milbury is so negative when he calls the Bruins games I feel like I’m listening to a caller to Felger’s show. Krejci has the best year of his career and Milbury says he’s slow and not good anymore (or never was). Too busy calling Johansson soft to see a goal being scored. Spent an entire game calling the third and fourth lines useless then those guys go out and win two elimination games almost by themselves. He obviously still has a grudge against the B’s and Chara after he dumped him for Yashin 20 years ago. And it’s obvious he hates the current NHL game that’s based around speed and finesse and that he never could have played.

Edwards is an overly enthusiastic homer but harmless. Brick is one of the best in the game.

Milbury’s a dink. He should retire and shut up.

You know, I don’t mind Edwards. He’s sincere in his nuttiness and he always seems to be on top of things.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I was living in Winthrop when Milbury selected native son Rick DiPietro #1 over all. It was a big deal locally but ended up being just another screw up by Mike.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m with you Suzy.  I know nothing about hockey and freely admit I front run the Bruins but he keeps it simple enough for oafs like me to follow.  I can understand how he may annoy hockey folk that know what’s up already

Coma
    Participant

I just watched a segment of Zolak and Bertrand for the first time in a while. While they acknowledged that Columbus had a lot of big guys on their roster, they were marking this series down as a win for the Bruins, even tossing in a “tomato cans” reference.

I know Bertrand’s appearance is an easy target, but I can’t pass up taking a shot at him. He’s grown his hair out and a tuft of hair at the top of his forehead has separated itself from the rest of his hairline like a little iceberg. From a distance, it looks like he has one of those puffs from a clown costume on his forehead. A month or so ago, PK went on a little rant about the wardrobe choices for female anchors and sportscasters. If I was one of those women, I’d definitely be wondering why I try to make myself look as attractive as professionally possible, but this guy gets to go on TV looking as ridiculous as he does.

Lebron
    Participant

Kids had ESPN on this morning and it switches over to their yelling show and naturally it’s ‘on the road’ in Nashville for the draft and they have a packed set, rows deep of people who want to witness this shit live.  People actually wake up and say to themselves ‘I’m going to get up early throw on a jersey bang in sick pound beers and watch 3 guys and a cruise director yell at each other’?  And it seemed like ESPN had everything based out of Nashville this morning – Get Up, Golic and Wingo, 3 dudes yelling.  Why do you need that many shows based out of there for the fucking draft?   They wonder why they lose money?

Participant

“3 Guys and a Cruise Director” :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar