Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 184 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)
  • Author

Participant

“Stealth”

You know just how far off the radar you’ve fallen when is talking NFL draft on while you’re home raking leaves.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I just watched a segment of Zolak and Bertrand for the first time in a while. While they acknowledged that Columbus had a lot of big guys on their roster, they were marking this series down as a win for the Bruins, even tossing in a “tomato cans” reference.

I know Bertrand’s appearance is an easy target, but I can’t pass up taking a shot at him. He’s grown his hair out and a tuft of hair at the top of his forehead has separated itself from the rest of his hairline like a little iceberg. From a distance, it looks like he has one of those puffs from a clown costume on his forehead. A month or so ago, PK went on a little rant about the wardrobe choices for female anchors and sportscasters. If I was one of those women, I’d definitely be wondering why I try to make myself look as attractive as professionally possible, but this guy gets to go on TV looking as ridiculous as he does.

It’s always great when Diabeetle comments on players being out of shape :lol:

Coma
    Participant

And it seemed like ESPN had everything based out of Nashville this morning – Get Up, Golic and Wingo, 3 dudes yelling. Why do you need that many shows based out of there for the fucking draft? They wonder why they lose money?

The Globe didn’t even send Volin to Nashville to cover the draft. This could be a sign of how limited their budget is or an example of shrewd judgement since spending money on any Volin related venture is like burning it.

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

And it seemed like ESPN had everything based out of Nashville this morning – Get Up, Golic and Wingo, 3 dudes yelling. Why do you need that many shows based out of there for the fucking draft? They wonder why they lose money?

The Globe didn’t even send Volin to Nashville to cover the draft. This could be a sign of how limited their budget is or an example of shrewd judgement since spending money on any Volin related venture is like burning it.

Judging by Ironhead’s twitter recap, he had quite the appearance on the radio this morning.

Suzy
    Participant

Volin is so, SO fucking dumb. They can’t be paying him much but man, he should work for free. He adds zero value and shows no grasp of ANY facet of the sport he’s supposed to be covering. Just a complete waste of time and space.

3 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Volin is so, SO fucking dumb. They can’t be paying him much but man, he should work for free. He adds zero value and shows no grasp of ANY facet of the sport he’s supposed to be covering. Just a complete waste of time and space.

Why send anyone to the draft when Bill the GM is just gonna trade down for value, caller?

NASCL
    Participant

Milbury is so negative when he calls the Bruins games I feel like I’m listening to a caller to Felger’s show. Krejci has the best year of his career and Milbury says he’s slow and not good anymore (or never was). Too busy calling Johansson soft to see a goal being scored. Spent an entire game calling the third and fourth lines useless then those guys go out and win two elimination games almost by themselves. He obviously still has a grudge against the B’s and Chara after he dumped him for Yashin 20 years ago. And it’s obvious he hates the current NHL game that’s based around speed and finesse and that he never could have played.

Edwards is an overly enthusiastic homer but harmless. Brick is one of the best in the game.

The judges will also accept pud.  P-U-D.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d love it if Bill did the draft from Barbados.  It would kill off at least half the shitty media and shitty fanz.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

No weekends off = no one goes to draft apparently.

Bruins, Celtics, Sox and Pats. Thirteen staff bylines and 12 staff photos today in the paper today and more at . doesn’t take weekends off. Subscribe now and get every game every day.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

“3 Guys and a Cruise Director” :lol:

The excursion was essentially just three men in suits and sneakers yelling at each other. My husband was accidentally killed with a trident during one exchange. We won’t be back. 

9 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

12 staff photos today in the paper today

Today!  Today!  Jesus Christ I bet high school papers are better than that horseshit.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

RIP Improper Bostonian

Clearly not enough Mindy Kaling mentions.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

RIP Improper Bostonian

Clearly not enough Mindy Kaling mentions.

Must have been the pictures of the food at Whorange’s restaurant.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Someone shot a couch and put it on Robin Roberts. And evidently Tay Tay just jumped out of the shower.

jforb
    Participant

Not enough booing

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Not enough booing

I wanted to draft Brian Boo-urns.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Giants finally take a QB high and it’s….  Daniel Jones? Huh.

chicowalker
    Participant

This steeler linebacker looks like he should be playing keytar for 

Lefty

John Havlicek has died

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

RIP Havlicek

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

A life well lived

4 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

B’s

Feejis
    Participant

Heinen has been playing his balls off this postseason. Doesn’t always show up on the scoresheet but did just then.

chicowalker
    Participant

My dvr cut off like 30 seconds before the game winner. SPDKWTD :ohmy:

Brian
    Participant

My dvr cut off like 30 seconds before the game winner. SPDKWTD :ohmy:<noscript>:ohmy:</noscript>

Whenever you record a sporting event, good to extend recording an hour.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar