Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/22/2019-4/28/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 184 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)

Lebron
Participant

How are you going to groom a guy riding the bench then sell high?  What’s that?  Well, yes, his previous team drafted him in the first round and gave up on him as soon as possible.  Well, yes, he’s riding the bench and hasn’t played to demonstrate any sort of value.  I still demand a first round pick!  Bill got crucified for the Garoppolo trade, I can’t imagine what would happen in that scenario.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
Participant

Sounds like the Dolphins are willing to give up their 2nd rounder but want a pick back.

jforb
Participant

How are you going to groom a guy riding the bench then sell high? What’s that? Well, yes, his previous team drafted him in the first round and gave up on him as soon as possible. Well, yes, he’s riding the bench and hasn’t played to demonstrate any sort of value. I still demand a first round pick! Bill got crucified for the Garoppolo trade, I can’t imagine what would happen in that scenario.

And if you’re basically just trying to skip the pick back a couple years, wouldn’t it make more sense to draft a player, use him for a year or two, then trade him instead?

jforb
Participant

Any of this sarcasm/tongue-in-cheek?

Big Fat O
Participant

Any of this sarcasm/tongue-in-cheek?

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Personal branding? He can’t get a job and he wants to teach other people. Good thing he married someone willing to work.

Nashua Dad
Participant

I just watched that video, it screams don’t hire me. Social media Jedi shows potential employers his own social media presence gets no traction.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
Participant

I get that I’m old and nothing is for me anymore but I really miss the old weekend format. I watched more of the draft then I do now. I didn’t watch last night due to the Bruins until about 11:20 when I’d heard the Pats pick should be up. Tonight I’ve got plans (humblebrag) so I won’t see a minute live. Then by the weekend it’s the later rounds so my interest wanes. Follow on my phone and call it a day.

It you let the clock run out you move down one spot and then you pick when you’re ready. Like what happened to the Vikings, they got to make their pick eventually. Eric Edholm tweeted what if Belichick just let the clock run out and move his 1st round pick to day 2. No real good reason to do it I can think of. Potentially gives the other teams the night to think about their board and trade up in round 2 but other than that, it wouldn’t seem to make sense. It would however, tilt the NFL world on it’s axis as everyone tries to figure out what Belichick knows they don’t. How is he “cheating” now and why it must be stopped. It would have been fun.

Plus the screwing with the media as an added bonus. “Just make a pick!”

I have asked this several times since this new “one round / one day” format. Why wouldn’t team picking last just wait until the next day? There is really zero downside to letting other teams have buyers remorse overnight or thinking that someone else might be trying to move up just enough to get a player they want and perhaps have two teams get into a bidding war to trade into that pick. Unless there is a rule in place that’s not been mentioned (that I’ve seen) saying that teams have to pick during the tv program or a set time.

Coma
Participant

I just watched that video, it screams don’t hire me. Social media Jedi shows potential employers his own social media presence gets no traction.

What stood out to me was Joe recording while he was in the passenger seat. I don’t know who was driving, but I can’t believe they didn’t refuse to turn the radio down – “Build your ‘brand’ when there’s a commercial, Joe!” “But this is satellite radio.”

jforb
Participant

What stood out to me was Joe recording while he was in the passenger seat. I don’t know who was driving, but I can’t believe they didn’t refuse to turn the radio down – “Build your ‘brand’ when there’s a commercial, Joe!” “But this is satellite radio.”

The car was an improvement over the basement office with the boiler in the background and the bathroom where since I didn’t hear a toilet flushing he must have been holding the piss until he finished talking instead of going first.

Coma
Participant

Bedard couldn’t have been a bigger ass when the news about Miami acquiring Rosen for a 2nd round pick broke today. His opinion was that the Patriots made a huge mistake by not making this trade and even mixed in a few “the player” comments. You can almost feel the smarm in this comment:

There’s always a scoreboard. Go ahead, let them make their pick. And then it will get compared to Miami’s deal for Rosen. It’s very fair.

All this without the deal being finalized and not knowing if there’s more capital involved than Rosen and a 2nd round pick. If Rosen plays poorly for Miami, will Bedard admit that the Dolphins overpaid? Or will he make excuses and rationalize his comments like his Gronkowski draft assessment? Or will he be a Walmart greeter at that point?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
Participant

Don’t question Coach Betard. He watches film and you don’t!

How do the Pats keep winning all these SBs by making all of these dumb personnel moves. There passing on Rosen, drafted that stiff Gronkowski, and so on.

How many more SBs could we have one if BB listened the Coach, Felger and Diabeetle?

Lebron
Participant

If the Patriots didn’t make a pick at 32 wouldn’t Arizona have been able to make a pick if they handed it in after the Patriots time expired?  That concludes the first night then the second round opens and if they don’t make a pick right away the next team hands in theirs and so on?  That’s what happened with the Vikings years ago.  Two teams handed in picks before they did.

Yahtzee
Participant

So both 7 game series winners beat both series sweepers in game 1.

Danny Duberstein
Participant

Hard to be taken seriously as an entrepreneur when there’s a water heater over your shoulder

Danny Duberstein
Participant

Unless you are in the discount water heater game.

Feejis
Participant

Entrepreneurs have actual companies and businesses to found/run.

Joe doesn’t do anything.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Chuck Schick
Participant

He seems to be confusing being a freelancer/contractor with being an actual entrepreneur. I can’t believe nobody wants to work with the total slob who has a Hot Wheels calendar! What could possibly be wrong with your personal brand?? It’s obviously everyone else’s fault, you just keep being you. :lol:

Danny Duberstein
Participant

I had a case of the Yodny Cajuste once after that month in Haiti. The doctor gave me antibiotics, cleared right up.

Canadian Soldier
Participant

“Winovich was drafted solely because Belichick loves Croatian players. He’s no Clay Matthews, Mike, and he’s no Ninkovich either.”

:lol:

When he sees “508” light up on his caller ID, he jumps out of his skin.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
Participant

I hate WordPress.

Caserio last night. At about the 14:00 mark, in the course of talking about O-linemen, he (very candidly) criticizes the NFL Combine for using the 40 as a critical benchmark is evaluating guards, centers and tackles. Paraphrasing, he says, “That’s ridiculous. Tell me the last time you saw an offensive lineman run 40 yards down the field.”  And Mittens pipes up, “Dan Connolly.”  There’s a split second pause, and Caserio says, “Very good, Ben.” Then laughter.

I can just imagine Mittens thinking for a split second that he’d outsmarted Caserio. When did it occur to him that he only proved Caserio’s point?

:lol:

https://www.patriots.com/video/nick-caserio-4-26-we-ended-up-picking-four-quality-football-players

Gimp
Participant

I love that Winowich call.  “SHHHHHHH!”  They know BB doesn’t want to hear all that screaming mess!  LOL

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
Participant

I love that Winowich call. “SHHHHHHH!” They know BB doesn’t want to hear all that screaming mess! LOL

Mom and Linda Holiday might become friends.

Yahtzee
Participant

Columbus quickly becoming hateable.

Lebron
Participant

Well that sucked.  As soon as Bergeron headed to the box I felt this would be it.  Oh well go win in that shithole CBus

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 185 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar