Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/27/2018 Daily Thread "On a Day Where" versus "At All"

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

Let the draft critiques begin.     Oh, and the Celtics sucked last night.     Didn’t do the little things, and didn’t shoot that well either.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Does Jimmy Johnson have to die for us to stop hearing about his draft value chart?

Beaker
    Participant

Larry wanted more fiyuhworks:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Does Jimmy Johnson have to die for us to stop hearing about his draft value chart?

How has no one published an updated chart? Even if it sucked, I would’ve expected a branded PFF Draft Value Chart to be bandied about by now.

InThisTown
    Participant

How has no one published an updated chart? Even if it sucked, I would’ve expected a branded PFF Draft Value Chart to be bandied about by now.

I think there is an Approximate Value chart? At least I know 538 (sorry, Bri) fucked around with one. As with all of these things, adoption is a grind.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Christ, Dickerson should not be on the radio. Or any job where people have to listen to him speak. Late stage Eddie Andelman had a more soothing voice.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lefty

On the running back pick, I saw one guy this morning gave the player a solid A and said he was like Kamara and will be a huge help to the offense, can do blitz pick up etc. etc.   He then gave the Pats a C for the pick as he didn’t think they got good “value.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

On the running back pick, I saw one guy this morning gave the player a solid A and said he was like Kamara and will be a huge help to the offense, can do blitz pick up etc. etc. He then gave the Pats a C for the pick as he didn’t think they got good “value.”

We need to release the 1918 flu virus on these people.

a.paul
    Participant

The older I get the less patience I have with things like this. LJ can’t even draw a cartoon well, on the other hand Belichick has been part of winning 7 Super Bowls and has appeared in what, at least 3 others and has created a 20 year dynasty at a time when the NFL has actually changed the rules on the fly specifically to stymie him and the team, but all of them feel like they know better or could do better, from the ass jockeys on the radio to the morons clogging up the comment sections of EEI/CSNNBC.

I’m not saying he’s always been perfect, that I always agree or that I never wish he’d done something different, but at least I’m smart enough to realize he’s operating on a different plane than pretty much everyone else (and spare me the 3D chess while everyone else is playing checkers bullshit).

All the people who were crying about needing to protect the 41 year old QB who may or may not grace us with his presence (jab) are now pissed off that a stud OL was taken and the current fancy qb d’jour was passed over twice–TWICE– how dare they.

InThisTown
    Participant

On the running back pick, I saw one guy this morning gave the player a solid A and said he was like Kamara and will be a huge help to the offense, can do blitz pick up etc. etc. He then gave the Pats a C for the pick as he didn’t think they got good “value.”

We need to release the 1918 flu virus on these people.

Harry Frazee sold Duffy Lewis to finance “No, No Pandemic” the anti-flu morale boosting Broadway musical.

InThisTown
    Participant

How is it possible that the only people who aren’t shoe pissers are relegated to this message board and a dozen other people on Twitter? Unraveling the amount of mental illness of the last twenty years would take every shrink in Vienna.

Feejis
    Participant

Heard 2 mins of Bert this am. He referenced the DET report that the Pats had tried to move up to draft that center the Lions picked.

Bert says – they were heavily linked to him and other guards in the 2 days before the draft so no surprise they tried. Classic Bert hindsight. I’m assuming he wasn’t reporting this at the time they were “linked”.

jforb
    Participant

Amazing draft coverage and shit like this is worth +5 (8164)

I don’t know if there’s been a better sequence of words written at BSJ than these from the esteemed keyboard of Ian Moran: “They need to go to Tampa and play like Massholes. Yeah, Massholes. You know who you are and they need to play like you.” Gold, Jerry. Gold!

Lebron
    Participant

All I saw of Sony Michel was in the Rose Bowl and national championship game, I knew about the other running back they had, Nick Chubb.  Michel went beserk against Oklahoma – 11 carries for 181 and 3 TDs and 4/41/1 receiving.  Broke off a 75 yarder.  Then against Alabama went 14/98 running.

I’m good with that pick.

Claude45
    Participant

YOU may think YOU’RE smarter than Belichick. Or that somehow the most successful coach in the history of the NFL drafts players just to piss off the fanbase.

But as footie pj wearer, I’ll believe that Belichick is smarter and better informed than my third review of a few draft websites. I’m also going all in on my theory that Belichick met with Lamar Jackson so many times because he KNEW Lamar was part of Ozzie’s plan. Belichick now has insight on how to beat him when the time comes.

Heard 2 mins of Bert this am. He referenced the DET report that the Pats had tried to move up to draft that center the Lions picked. Bert says – they were heavily linked to him and other guards in the 2 days before the draft so no surprise they tried. Classic Bert hindsight. I’m assuming he wasn’t reporting this at the time they were “linked”.

I do sort of like the report that the Pats were interested moving up for in Ragnow, as it dismisses the media notion Wynn was a consolation prize for losing Evans. They all want to imagine a pissed-off BB pounding the table, like he was Auerbach losing out on Roy Hinson.

Plus can you imagine the fervor had they actually moved up and drafted a center? All the expectations that it was targeting Evans (as there was a run on LBs), only to have hopes dashed when they draft a center. It’s one thing to stay put for an interior lineman; to move up for one would break the Internet.

BTW, Coach Matt’s off to an auspicious start, with one Free Press guy giving him an “F” for the pick (link). Patricia’s just doing what Belichick taught: build your team from the middle out. But idiot Free Press guy thought the team had “bigger needs”.

Hannable’s struggle with the language continues:

Ultimately, Tennessee ultimately traded up to snag him at No. 22 overall,

Feejis
    Participant

If your reaction to last night is:

1. Laurence Maroney

2. Super Bowl defense

or

3. Lamar Jackson

Please consider ending things. You’re a worthless person.

Kevin
    Participant

Larry Johnson tried to tweet at Minihane with “@kirk”?

What a lazy fuck! 😆

Participant
     12 hours ago

“Throw it as high and as far as you can.”?
    Feejis
    Participant

I do feel a “little” bad for RGIII.

Finally gets a shot at a backup gig and then they draft Jackson.

Kevin
    Participant

And since when does Larry “Shiny Things” Johnson find taking a dynamic running back boring?

Participant

Ah yes, the tough NY press is at it again.

“Eli Manning deserves this Last Hurrah, deserves Saquon Barkley running everywhere and catching everything, deserves Nate Solder as a professional blindside protector.”

“And hopefully he will be able to leave on his own terms, whenever they may be, and ride off into the sunset, a Giant For Life.”

Claude45
    Participant

I have no idea about the knee situation and I watch less college football then I’d like to but I saw a Georgia play a couple of times. I remember thinking while watching him play I would love to see him on the Pats (there is the entirety of draft analysis, flawless by the way. I always enjoy watching good players play). It doesn’t seem like they have had a back like him in the Dynasty. I expect a ton of big plays out of him.

So one season ticket holder is happy. Belichick tried to stick it to me and failed! Take that!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Claude45.

What are the bets here for the compensation? Keeping in mind Brown’s in the last year of his contract.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar