Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/29/19 – 5/5/10 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 158 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 159 total)
  • Author

NASCL
    Participant

6 users thanked author for this post.

Fatty’s got a new set of balls to polish:

“Can I call him?” said Gruden, suddenly a Golden Retriever, all bouncy and eager. “Can I call?”

“Hang on,” Mayock said. The NFL had asked teams to please not choose till at least five minutes of their 10-minute first-round time limit had passed, so the league could do the TV-presentation stuff and not get the picks all backed up. With five minutes left in the period, Mayock said go ahead, call Josh Jacobs.

One cliché to consider right here is, There’s a new sheriff in town.

More apt: There’s a new adult in the room.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I still can’t believe it was Hawkeye that killed the Night King.

Participant

Pete would be great covering PyongYang as well.

• The Road Draft is one of the best ideas the NFL ever had. Chicago was better than New York, Philadelphia was better than Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth was very good, and Nashville, even sopping wet Thursday night, was as good as Dallas-Fort Worth. Next year: Las Vegas. Lunacy alert.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Oh, yeah?  Wait until the draft comes to Patriot Place! :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Holy hell Mike Mayock’s family doesn’t give as much of a shit about him.

Re: Al sending Giannis’ weak shit back to Athens- apparently you’re not supposed to yell “get that the FUCK out!” as your three year old daughter plays at your feet :blink:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’d like to put money on the draft being in London within 5 years.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’d like to put money on the draft being in London within 5 years.

Might make for some good theatre for the guy who was supposed to get drafted in the first round but slipped…

You hate to see this Kurt…he didn’t even have a passport, he had to get a rush on one in order to make the trip…his first trip overseas..wait, it looks like he’s on the phone…the Bengals are on the clock…

jforb
    Participant

I’ll drink what he’s drinking

John Elway thinks Joe Flacco’s entering his prime

jforb
    Participant

Most surprising thing ever

I was a terrible basketball player growing up in northern Connecticut in the sixties and early seventies

3 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

The Celtics look great so it should be an all day cautionary tale on Sports Radio today about fan “over confidence”. I must keep a level head. Why? Who knows. I don’t think my feelings really impact results but the guys on the radio really know their stuff so I guess I do.

Really enjoying this 76ers team. Criminally overrated by the experts. With 2-3 of the most overrated players in the league: Simmons (i’m going full Bedard with I don’t see a top 10 player, at all.), Embiid (media darling category) and to lesser degree, Butler (coach and team chemistry killer). I can’t stand the Philly fans so I love that all that waiting for “the process” is going to amount to a couple of early playoff round wins. Shunned by LeBron last off season with his phony interest. Team is soft as a grape.  How no one mentions that Ben Simmons refusal to shoot 3 pointers or long range jumpers is not a sign of being mentally weak is beyond me. They look to have cap issues this off season.

So anyway, the Sixers and their fans will be back in the process before you know it without winning jack shit. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Participant

Holy hell Mike Mayock’s family doesn’t give as much of a shit about him.

Re: Al sending Giannis’ weak shit back to Athens- apparently you’re not supposed to yell “get that the FUCK out!” as your three year old daughter plays at your feet :blink:

No way Kraft’s handies in Palm Beach were any better than all the ones Mayock got all weekend.

Also, don’t pick until 5 minutes left is the most Roger goddamn thing ever – drag it out even longer that’s what folks want.

chicowalker
    Participant

Agreed with all that Claude, but still rooting for them to beat Toronto.  I’d like the Celtics to be the team to snuff the life out of that warped experiment.

Three or four times this weekend, I turned on the draft, only to ask myself a minute later, “Why the fuck am I watching this?” and change the channel.

What a stupid event to televise.

Claude45
    Participant

Agreed with all that Claude, but still rooting for them to beat Toronto. I’d like the Celtics to be the team to snuff the life out of that warped experiment.

100% agree.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’ll drink what he’s drinking

John Elway thinks Joe Flacco’s entering his prime

I saw that and wondered ‘Prime, what?” It can’t have anything to do with football.

Lebron
    Participant

Three or four times this weekend, I turned on the draft, only to ask myself a minute later, “Why the fuck am I watching this?” and change the channel.

What a stupid event to televise.

No kidding.   In general if they televise it I don’t care, there is some interest.  But the entire production and the oh this is so great bullshit is what kills it.  I still can’t believe the army ESPN sent, every show they produce was televised from there.  And does it have to take so effing long?  They used to have like 12 rounds and it didn’t take that long.  I like the kids that stay home with their families versus the suit it up and hug it out with Goodell guys.

Participant

It has to be long because everyone is a fvcking human interest story these days with a story to share and stooorrry lines to follow.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

It has to be long because everyone is a fvcking human interest story these days with a story to share and stooorrry lines to follow.

Talk about slowing things down, Fatty this morning has this:

The NFL had asked teams to please not choose till at least five minutes of their 10-minute first-round time limit had passed, so the league could do the TV-presentation stuff and not get the picks all backed up.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I like the kids that stay home with their families versus the suit it up and hug it out with Goodell guys.

I’d stay home. I wouldn’t want slime all over me.

NASCL
    Participant

Did you hear about Tom Ellis?

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I still remember Ellis give me a disgusted look as he reported the increased police presence at the Ozzy Osbourne Garden show.  He bit the head off a bat for God’s sake!

Lebron
    Participant

Started reading Pete’s weekly bullshit, he’s all gaga over Mayock naturally, but part he thinks is so great should have been a question for Mayock

The rookie GM running his first draft, Mike Mayock, froze. “I’m like, ‘Sh–!’ Moment of panic. THE EAGLES JUMPED US FOR OUR GUY.”

Turns out they were trading up to get a tackle instead of the Alabama running back the Raiders wanted.  Pete never asks, what would you have done if they had taken ‘your guy’?  Who would you have taken or would you have been hoping for a call from someone to trade back?  Nothing.  Just on to his Gruden golden retriever comparison and a new sheriff in town/adult in the room comment.  Of course adults would have back up plans for mid 20s pick in the draft rather than panicking.

I just thought John Elway might do something out of the ordinary, and he did, sort of, dealing down for a tight end/security blanket for Joe Flacco (Noah Fant) and falling into Drew Lock, which he never expected to do, with the 42nd pick

Someone might want to tell Pete that Drew Lock didn’t fall to them, they traded up to get him.

NASCL
    Participant

Buddy of mine was a TV news producer back in the day.  Always said that Tom Ellis and legendary swordsman Chet Curtis were the two nicest guys in the profession.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Buddy of mine was a TV news producer back in the day. Always said that Tom Ellis and legendary swordsman Chet Curtis were the two nicest guys in the profession.

Heard pretty much the same about both guys. And also that Natalie was a c***. Edited for decorum. But she used to treat TE like crap on the air, e.g., ignored his jokes & small talk so he’d look like an idiot, etc. Couldn’t stand her.

RIP, Tom Ellis.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar