Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/29/19 – 5/5/10 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Hacksaw
    Participant

and shoeless :lol:

I always wondered about that as a kid. The whole family employs the same signature move, but one of the 6 or so of them decided to wrestle barefoot. Was it his decision? Fritz’s?

speaking of…I was the entrenched Japanese soldier in the mountains still fighting WW2 re: conceding wrestling was fake, and even I called bullshit on Lance being a real Von Erich from the jump :lol:

As far as me finally admitting what was painfully obvious, it took my younger brother painstakingly showing me frame by frame from a recorded episode of Saturday Night’s Main event that Jake the Snake wasn’t even coming close to landing his punches and his opponent (Steamboat?) should not have been pinned :ph34r: :ohmy:

How were those cobra bites fake? See its not a fake sport.

chicowalker
    Participant

Hacksaw not that far off :-( :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

That snake would not let go of poor Macho Man’s arm. I loved Jake talking about the pre-match interaction. “Let the snake bite YOU if its not poisonous!”

Lebron
    Participant

Dr. D slapping that 20/20 reporter was all the evidence I needed that rasslin’ was real.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

HBO had and Andre the Giant documentary on last year. It was pretty good. So was the 30-for-30 on Ric Flair. I may have to check this Von Erich thing out.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Live off the wire the New England Patriots have hired Dr. D David Schultz as their president of media relations. Press Conference at 1PM EST.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I think so. In my limited exposure it seems like the callers to this station are high on the shut-in scale, even for a talk radio audience

Ain’t no shut-in like a small state shut-in. :lol:

I’m sure ol Hand-In-The-Dirt is citing the RI Constitution chapter and subsection with regard to this 13th hour challenge to legal sports betting.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Won a $20 gift card at trivia last night thanks in part to this Board’s wrestling strong suit. The question asked for the name of Leaping Lanny Poffo’s fellow pro wrestler brother. I had it written down before the host got to the multiple choices. Thanks, basementonians!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Big Fat O
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Look Tony, Kyrie is killing the team and Ainge at the same time

Your absolutely right Mike.

Participant

Journalism.

Culpo and McCaffrey began to follow each other on Instagram in April, according to NFL reporter Dov Kleiman.

DUKA
    Participant

Iron Sheik documentary was good.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Apparently one of the nicknames Lucky & The Dentist are considering for the relocated PawSox is the Worcester Wicked Worms. :lol:   It’s an absurdly shitty name, but considering the continued idiocy that is minor league branding — what the fuck is a Binghamton Rumble Pony? — I am almost certain that this will be the winning choice.

Although the One-Eyed Trouser Worms would certainly be appropriate. Just imagine the merchandise!

Lefty

Whomever here said Milbury sucks as a game analyst was spot on.

He sounds like a random drunk over your shoulder in the nose bleeds at the old Garden.

jforb
    Participant

Right again AAC

Sit Pastrnak, give him a few days to clear his head, then let him get his groove back at home. He’s not helping.

Lefty

Right again AAC

Sit Pastrnak, give him a few days to clear his head, then let him get his groove back at home. He’s not helping.

I obviously don’t read him.  He honestly wanted to sit Pastrnak?  He is even dumber than I thought

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Columbus seems to be so much better with the puck.    Always seems to be in position for rebounds as well.    Rask is saving their asses so far.

jforb
    Participant

Right again AAC

I obviously don’t read him. He honestly wanted to sit Pastrnak? He is even dumber than I thought

He’s been beating on that for most of the week in his daily thing. Surprisingly no comment on twitter even though he’s had other things to say about the game.

Lefty

I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out later Pastrnak has a right hand/wrist injury of some sort.   Losing feel for and handle of the puck too much for a guy with his skill. And he’s not about to get croaked when he loses it, so it’s likely not nerves.

Lefty

I always ask if anyone has seen Tuukka steal a game.  He stole this one.

Feejis
    Participant

Backes must’ve been fun to watch every night when he had his legs. Just makes a lot of smart plays and simple little touches to space/angles he takes are definitely a help in this kind of series.

What a fossil Bell is:

Claude45
    Participant

I still can’t believe there are local TV sports guys. I can’t remember the last time I saw a local sports segment. I bet it’s been a decade at least. I don’t even tune in after championship like I might of years ago as so many other channels cover it deeper. I don’t have anything particular against these guys but let’s not act like they’ve made some great contribution to society.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I still can’t believe there are local TV sports guys. I can’t remember the last time I saw a local sports segment. I bet it’s been a decade at least. I don’t even tune in after championship like I might of years ago as so many other channels cover it deeper. I don’t have anything particular against these guys but let’s not act like they’ve made some great contribution to society.

‘Former Red Sox player coming back after these messages?”

Commercial Break

“Red Sox are in negotiations with Steve Lyons.”

InThisTown
    Participant

Sit Pastrnak, give him a few days to clear his head, then let him get his groove back at home. He’s not helping

Imagine thinking *that* would be the way to get the best possible short term performance out of a young player? My god.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar