Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/30/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 60 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

This series has a lot of “here come the 76ers!!!!! … and there go the 76ers” feel to it much like those ’03/’04 Colts playoff games.  Hoping for an Al Horford ‘what’d they win, 1 game, 2 games?’ at the end of the series.

Participant

Are the Sixers on the brink of the cusp?

InThisTown
    Participant

All the media christening them has me even more suspicious than I’d usually be. They can handle these fuckers.

Brett Brown is a real cocksucker, just like his father. I once told his old man to put somebody on me after I hit three threes and he tried to have his goon injure a high school junior for daring to talk trash to him. He was two years removed from being the failed head coach at BU. A prick’s prick.

jforb
    Participant

No longer on the brink of the cusp of 8200. Two day total for +14 gets him to 8201.

Participant

No longer on the brink of the cusp of 8200. Two day total for +14 gets him to 8201.

The draft coverage practically sells itself apparently!

Nick B
    Participant

Are the Sixers on the brink of the cusp?

I believe they’re team X

Participant

Vulnerable is new I believe.

“I think they may be [vulnerable], but I also think that we’re capable of finally dethroning them,” Enunwa said Saturday. “I think that we’ve always been. It’s just about getting over that hump of finishing games. Not to add more bulletin-board material for them, but I think for us, we’re hyper-confident and believe that we can do that.” Quincy Enunway, NY Jets

Lebron
    Participant

You think you’ve always been capable?  What the fuck planet are you on?  “Hyper confident” caused water to spray everywhere, like hyper local.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Vulnerable is new I believe. “I think they may be [vulnerable], but I also think that we’re capable of finally dethroning them,” Enunwa said Saturday. “I think that we’ve always been. It’s just about getting over that hump of finishing games. Not to add more bulletin-board material for them, but I think for us, we’re hyper-confident and believe that we can do that.” Quincy Enunway, NY Jets

God, could the NY media be more obsessed with the Patriots? It never ends. New York players are constantly asked about them. At some point you have to be smart and just deflect the question and say “We have confidence and feel like we can compete with every team in the league.” What’s so hard about that?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Dumbo Hart and Rick Keefe not happy with the draft. The OL man at 23 isnt what B.B. likes, like they know, so they think he’ll suck.

So obviously BB has no clue since he picked a guy that he doesn’t like.

They haven’t went into dodging the Jimmy pick. I’m sure it will be mentioned but that’s Felger and Mazz territory.

Participant

This has to be last call for Dumbo – it’s not happening dude, go pickup up Kirsch’s dry cleaning and we’ll send you the new Bob’s pullover come late july early august.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t understand how it was difficult to understand the Jimmy return. 1) They had to wait until the deadline in case Brady got hurt 2) This necessitated a quick deal 3) Bill doesn’t like dealing with slapdick organizations 4) Any team negotiating with Bill likely knows they have a gun to his head because of the ticking clock. IF Bill is calling you about Jimmy, Bill wants to deal Jimmy. The clock also makes protracted negotiations less possible. 5) Lynch was quick and ready to do a deal Maybe they could have gotten a third if they were playing guys off of each other but that’s not how they work.

Add to this the pending UFA status and franchise tag price, what’s someone going to demand for a guy in that situation?

Which in some circles leads to the discussion of the theory that they should’ve explored a trade more earnestly in the offseason.

Larry Legend
    Participant

Sixers opponents over their last 18 games…

Knicks x2

Brooklyn x2

Charlotte x2

Memphis

Orlando

Minnesota (no Butler)

Denver

Atlanta x2

Detroit

Cleveland (won 132-130 as the Cavs sputtered to the finish)

Milwaukee

Miami x 5

Dallas

Fuck them.

Participant
    @mikebarnicle

When the daily drumbeat of news headlines gets truly depressing this is a great place for an escape.

View image on Twitter

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Field box seats at AT&T? Must be Bank of America’s box! Thanks, Annie!

Lebron
    Participant

Daily headlines got ya down?  Crack open the wallet for some box seats at the ol’ ballyard for a matinee, boss shouldn’t mind.  Just charter a jet to San Fran, ba da boop ba da beep and enjoy the grand ol’ game.  And make sure to get your wife’s employer prominently featured in a photo you pimp.

Coma
    Participant

One ex-GM hypothesized that the Patriots got “No big win on value” from the Bears trade, but, “I think they are accumulating assets in case they need to trade up for a QB in the future.” One salary cap expert surmised, “Either they really didn’t like this year’s draft class and didn’t want to spend money on it, or didn’t like it enough to want to deal with having it in any way directly tied to Garoppolo.” That was my thought on Friday. The Patriots know that they got a horrible return on the Garoppolo trade, and spent the weekend divesting the pick. After trades with the Lions and Bears, the Patriots gave up picks 43 and 63 and got Dawson, sixth-round linebacker Christian Sam, Chicago’s 2019 second-rounder, and Detroit’s 2019 third-rounder. Don’t be surprised if those picks are further divested. “They have basically obscured that pick so much at this point that there is almost no way to make a direct comp [to Garoppolo] since they moved those second rounders and can just point to a later pick,” the cap expert said. If the Patriots traded the pick so they can have more assets to find a quarterback, fine. If they did it to obscure the return on Garoppolo, that is not, as Belichick likes to say, doing what’s in the best interest of the team.

Probably didn’t do it to obscure the return then dummy.

I could see someone conceiving of the idea that the Patriots “laundered” the Jimmy G 2nd round pick so it can’t be traced back to any one drafted player. It would be within the confines of a brainstorming/think outside the box/say anything, nothing is too stupid type of exercise, but I could see someone thinking of that. For that to be someone’s actual, serious assessment of the situation is, like Feejis said, a sign of a serious mental illness.

This isn’t even a “a good editor would have caught that” situation. Any person with an average IQ and normal amount of common sense would have known that line of thinking was completely nonsensical bullshit and it never would have made the first draft of an article.

Humphrey
    Participant

Volin’s tweets the past couple days were just one snarky comment after another.   An asshole’s asshole.

Participant

Daily headlines got ya down? Crack open the wallet for some box seats at the ol’ ballyard for a matinee, boss shouldn’t mind. Just charter a jet to San Fran, ba da boop ba da beep and enjoy the grand ol’ game. And make sure to get your wife’s employer prominently featured in a photo you pimp.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) filed charges on Friday against Bank of America (BAC.N) and two of its employees, saying they wrongfully discriminated against prospective Hispanic mortgage borrowers in South Carolina.

Later on…. “This is not the first time that Bank of America has faced allegations of discrimination.”

#MyBank #MyFenway #Baseball

Lebron
    Participant

I know we see/hear this shit on a near daily basis but this Bill laundered the Garoppolo pick to hide how stupid he is angle has to be the most god damned preposterous thing I’ve heard since all of the cyclist excuses for positive PED/blood doping tests.  Reminds me of when Bill was talking about the videotaping incident and said for god’s sake the guy was wearing team gear and there’s 70k or whatever people there we weren’t hiding anything.  They publicly announced the trades, nice and slow so everyone could take notes.  And of course with the Patriots/Bill gotta use a term like ‘laundered’, as if they somehow received the pick through ill begotten means and then illegally scrubbed it.*  I’m sure if it was the sainted Giants/Steelers they’d use a term like ‘recycled’ or ‘regenerated.’

*Tin foil hat talking but fuck that fucking league and all the fucking asshole parasites that earn a living by so called reporting on or about it.  Fuck them.

Lebron
    Participant

Volin’s tweets the past couple days were just one snarky comment after another. An asshole’s asshole.

And an imbecile to boot.  The worst kind of person.

Volin’s tweets the past couple days were just one snarky comment after another. An asshole’s asshole.

And an imbecile to boot. The worst kind of person.

I’m going to start calling him “Bib” Volin.

Big Fat O
    Participant

And an imbecile to boot. The worst kind of person.

I’m going to start calling him “Bib” Volin.

He’s the perfect messenger for the low information fans. I think in the past sports writers had a knowledge of the game and reported accurate facts and stories. It was about the play on the field and not hot takes and off field crap. Coaches and Managers respected the writers figuring they would get a fair shake.

Today the writers are a bunch of entitled know nothings we care more about the off field stuff and hot takes since it requires no heavy lifting. Why watch a game when it’s more fun to dissect Gronk tweets.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just got home. I thought the Celtics didn’t belong on the court with Philly.  How are they up 8?

chicowalker
    Participant

I think embiid is a clown but goddamn he’s good

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar