Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/7-4/8/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Masters Weekend.

Bruins wrapping things up.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

No emoticon works for this: a bus carrying a junior hockey team from Saskatchewan is struck by a tractor-trailer en route to a playoff game.  Fourteen dead, 14 injured.  I remember the Marshall University plane crash and the 1972 Israeli Olympic wrestling team; this ranks with those tragedies.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Ugh.  That’d sucks.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Red Sox off to an impressive start, mostly due to miserly pitching. Excitement about the youngsters stepping into their own.

Shank’s column today? “What would Ted Williams Think?”  (Although I refuse to click on it, I have to assume that Shank works in that he was very close to Ted. Not so much about John Henry Williams.)

When the Celtics hit the playoffs, a Larry Bird  column is inevitable.

Was going through some old BSMW pages and saw this from two years ago:

Giardi must have had quite the crying jag when he lost what he thought would be his exclusive source for the next half dozen years. Also a little disturbing Jimmy G (or source close to) puts out such a comment. “Reasonable and fair”? Fuck you.

Yahtzee
    Participant
    No emoticon works for this: a bus carrying a junior hockey team from Saskatchewan is struck by a tractor-trailer en route to a playoff game. Fourteen dead, 14 injured. I remember the Marshall University plane crash and the 1972 Israeli Olympic wrestling team; this ranks with those tragedies.

Moment of silence at Fenway.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Was going to pull the trigger on The Athletic, but not interested in Sean Leahy. Is that guy still pissed that Brady didn’t just admit it?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I know, I know.   But the orange menace really is one of the worst people in greater Boston.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So who’s pumped for Wrestlemania?

TJM
    Participant

This guy

TJM
    Participant

I know, I know. But the orange menace really is one of the worst people in greater Boston.

I thought he was from New York

Hacksaw
    Participant

Not this guy, getting old seeing a heel who does somersaults get up from 6 DDT’s then lose the match via school boy roll up.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Pops and buzzes.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Red Sox!

Coma
    Participant

I watched a minor league game in Hartford last night. Probably the most interesting thing was the first three batters for the NH Fishercats were all sons of major leaguers: Cavan (pronounced like Kevin) Biggio, Bo Bichette and Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. We only stayed 6 innings, so we didn’t see any of them doing anything spectacular, but none of them looked like they were just as favor to dad.

If I had to question anything, it would be Vlad Jr. using “Call Me Maybe” as his walk-up music for his first at-bat.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Guerrero and Bichette are stud prospects. Vlad Jr is one of the top in the game.

jforb
    Participant

Red Sox!

Sorry but that’s all on the Rays bullpen /hyperlocal with no (more than 7982) hot takes

Yahtzee
    Participant

Spieth is rolling.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Hope Reed pulls it out.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hope Reed pulls it out.

I disagree.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Reed is getting the Pats treatment where not one on the broadcast is rooting for him.

Unfortunatly he’s pulling a Payton Manning and not a Tom Brady.

Edit Reed seems to be holding it together

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Big Fat O.

chicowalker
    Participant

Hope Reed pulls it out.

/merle

Turd Furguson
    Participant

:lol:

never gets old

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Nice.
    Now the most useless awkward Butler Cabin interview.
    Nantz sucks.

Yahtzee
    Participant

These paragraphs from Volin made me laugh. Scrappy? Feisty? Noted discplinarian Wade?

The Rams aren’t just adding big-name free agents, they’re adding big personalities. Suh has been fined seven times and suspended once for player safety violations. Talib is a scrappy personality who snatched Michael Crabtree’s necklace off during a game and has had a couple of off-field gun incidents. Peters’s feisty attitude earned him a one-game suspension from the Chiefs last December and eventually a ticket out of Kansas City.

But McVay expects them to fall in line under defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who won a Super Bowl with Talib in Denver and coached the Rams to No. 3 in points allowed last season.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar