Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/8/19 -4/14/2019 Week Thread or Weak Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 207 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Austin Seferian-Jenkins signed. He’s the guy that fumbled through the end zone in the Jets game right?

Yes! That’s him.

Sefarian-Jenkins is 26 and is not without talent. Assuming he stays healthy, if he can put up 400-500 yards next season, that would be great. That amount of yards would be a career best for him, but here are the QBs he’s worked with over his career: Josh McCown, Mike Glennon, Jameis Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Bryce Petty. These were the offensive coordinators: Jeff Tedford, Dirk Koetter, Chan Gailey, Todd Monken, John Morton, and Nathaniel Hackett. I’m hoping that Brady and McDaniels can help his numbers improve a little.

Regarding the “fumble through the endzone is a touchback” play, the media and every non-Patriots fan lost their minds about that rule, but no one has tried to change that rule in the two years since it happened.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Unless I’m forgetting the fumble through the end zone/ball at the 20 hasn’t happened in a playoff game yet.  Once it does, they’ll change it.  There’s already enough bitching about it when it happens in the regular season.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Unless I’m forgetting the fumble through the end zone/ball at the 20 hasn’t happened in a playoff game yet. Once it does, they’ll change it. There’s already enough bitching about it when it happens in the regular season.

I can’t think of it happening recently with an offensive player, but there was the Leon Lett fumble into the end zone caused by Don Beebe. That wasn’t a close game, though, and the Patriots weren’t the beneficiary.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Unless I’m forgetting the fumble through the end zone/ball at the 20 hasn’t happened in a playoff game yet. Once it does, they’ll change it. There’s already enough bitching about it when it happens in the regular season.

I can’t think of it happening recently with an offensive player, but there was the Leon Lett fumble into the end zone caused by Don Beebe. That wasn’t a close game, though, and the Patriots weren’t the beneficiary.

If they’d called the Ben Watson hustle play correctly chasing down Champ Bailey, it should have resulted in that rule coming into effect.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I would not be sad if the Lightning lose this game after leading 3-0 in the 1st.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I would not be sad if the Lightning lose this game after leading 3-0 in the 1st.

Behind the 8 ball and didn’t realize hockey started.

Nice win.

Lebron
    Participant

Nice gag job by the Lightning but Christ I hate Torts

Lebron
    Participant

That black hole pic was fucking cool.  I can’t get over the thing being 54 million light years away

BrianInLA
    Participant

That black hole pic was fucking cool. I can’t get over the thing being 54 million light years away

That array they put together with the telescopes was insane. I also cant believe its the size of our galaxy.

Participant

Mike Mutnansky giving Alex Cora advice on how to handle adversity is something.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That black hole pic was fucking cool. I can’t get over the thing being 54 million light years away

That’s going make for a kick-ass epidode of Nova some day.

jforb
    Participant

Stuck on 9899, that’s a shame.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Stuck on 9899, that’s a shame.

Forgetting my Almost A Website timeline here Jforb,  Has the site been up for 2 super bowl wins and a world series win?

jforb
    Participant

I think it was 2017 so one win, one loss.

Humphrey
    Participant

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Marcus Smart should be applauded for his best season as a pro, but do people really think any playoff series is going to tip on whether he plays?

I guess Mendenhall has already backtracked, saying he was  “kidding”. You know, that old “You’re a racist, ha ha ha” chestnut.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Please read to the tune of Tom Hagen’s speech at the end of G2:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitino-says-he-would-revitalize-st-johns-basketball-but-wants-an-apology-first-161213726.html

“Before that could ever happen, the Southern District of New York would have to apologize for ruining an innocent man’s reputation by putting his name in a complaint. So good luck to my hometown University because that’s not happening,” Pitino told Zagoria.

The headline would make you believe St John’s needs to apologize. Its the SDNY Court? Good luck with that.

Please read with the voice of Clemenza in the orig GF

SDNY Court: Pitino? You won’t see him around here no more…

Lebron
    Participant

Looks like the Schmitts Gay was flowing last night in Brooklyn.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Please read to the tune of Tom Hagen’s speech at the end of G2:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitino-says-he-would-revitalize-st-johns-basketball-but-wants-an-apology-first-161213726.html

“Before that could ever happen, the Southern District of New York would have to apologize for ruining an innocent man’s reputation by putting his name in a complaint. So good luck to my hometown University because that’s not happening,” Pitino told Zagoria.

The headline would make you believe St John’s needs to apologize. Its the SDNY Court? Good luck with that.

Please read with the voice of Clemenza in the orig GF

SDNY Court: Pitino? You won’t see him around here no more…

Looks like someone wants to cash in a favor with Chuck Rhoades.

Participant

And in the papers today.

“Clad in a white hoodie and navy hat emblazoned with his famed No. 7, Anthony dribbled on to the hardwood, teasing the rather split Brooklyn and Miami crowd for a moment before relenting the ball to the officials, the spotlight back to Dwyane Wade.”

Yeah, he’s MickeyFvckingMantle – the banana boat ride ought to be big fun this summer.

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t have an issue with Washburn, generally; but his urging the Celts a couple months ago to sign Melo was completely nuts.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

GusChiggins
    Participant

And in the papers today.

“Clad in a white hoodie and navy hat emblazoned with his famed No. 7, Anthony dribbled on to the hardwood, teasing the rather split Brooklyn and Miami crowd for a moment before relenting the ball to the officials, the spotlight back to Dwyane Wade.”

Yeah, he’s MickeyFvckingMantle – the banana boat ride ought to be big fun this summer.

I would’ve spent an hour trying to come up with 7. And he was 15 in college.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If EEI wonders why Felger continues to kick their ass they should have listened today. While Felger was doing his best blame it on Kyrie at least he was talking about sports.

Down the dial Fraudway felt talking about the size of airline seats was a better topic.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar