Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/8/19 -4/14/2019 Week Thread or Weak Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 207 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Thinking outside the box: The Lakers should trade LeBron TO the Pelicans for Anthony Davis.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Coach Bedard right again.

Casting: they also have old friend John Wasdin in the bullpen as the coach.

McDonough: that’s a good place for him considering the number of his pitches that ended up there. :lol:

Heard that too. McDonough has been good tonight. He seems to be cutting on Lou quite a bit and the farthest homerun hit at Fenway folklore.

Didn’t listen, but posters on SOSH and SoxProspects indicated that Sean crushed it last night as Joe’s sidekick. McDonough’s, what, 55 now? You have to wonder, especially after he was taken off MNF by ESPN in 2017, how long he will linger at the downward-spiraling, former worldwide leader. Maybe he’ll take over for Castiglione in a couple of years. He could be another Vin Scully in terms of making baseball on radio really worth listening to. He just needs to not drive his car into Florian Hall anymore.

Hacksaw
    Participant

McDonough said something to the context “What I am learning this time around try not becritical of players or the organization …you know try not mention Nomar is in a 3 for 28 slump.”

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’ve now lived here for 25 years and have an unblemished record of not giving a tin shit about the Marathon.

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Coach Bedard right again.

Casting: they also have old friend John Wasdin in the bullpen as the coach.

McDonough: that’s a good place for him considering the number of his pitches that ended up there. :lol:

Heard that too. McDonough has been good tonight. He seems to be cutting on Lou quite a bit and the farthest homerun hit at Fenway folklore.

Didn’t listen, but posters on SOSH and SoxProspects indicated that Sean crushed it last night as Joe’s sidekick. McDonough’s, what, 55 now? You have to wonder, especially after he was taken off MNF by ESPN in 2017, how long he will linger at the downward-spiraling, former worldwide leader. Maybe he’ll take over for Castiglione in a couple of years. He could be another Vin Scully in terms of making baseball on radio really worth listening to. He just needs to not drive his car into Florian Hall anymore.

Since we haven’t heard him for awhile, it was really good but he’s going to get into the Orsillo-Remy gigglefest territory if he doesn’t slow down.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Those great 76ers fans seem chagrined with their team.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Lol@ Chris Davis breaking his 0 for 54 streak with three hits today.

Also, he was batting SIXTH?!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

McDonough said something to the context “What I am learning this time around try not becritical of players or the organization …you know try not mention Nomar is in a 3 for 28 slump.”

In Felger Nation, noting that a player is in a 3 for 28 slump qualifies as fan-boy homerism.

Check out this hot take:

Trade Kyrie, Tatum,  Brown, Smart, Horford, the Memphis, Clippers and Kings picks and two Boston firsts for LeBron and Davis.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Who are we making fun of with this Pasta is a good kid stuff? I’m out of the loop and on the verge of blocking anyone who says it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Kadri again? One more and he’s approaching Ulf status.

Lebron
    Participant

McDonough wanted off MNF.  Said he thought the games they got sucked and he wanted to go back to doing college.  He made more than a few comments on air that the game they were covering was terrible.  Gruden leaving probably sealed the deal.

Lebron
    Participant

Watching Avalanche-Flames and Derrick Brassard just hit the box for the 3rd time and it’s only halfway through the second period.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Who are we making fun of with this Pasta is a good kid stuff? I’m out of the loop and on the verge of blocking anyone who says it.

This guy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Nathan MacKinnon is ridiculous

Lefty

Leaf fans are screaming that DeBrusk’s hit in Marleau right before the Kadri cross check was dirty and terrible.  I watched the replay and don’t see it that way – am I missing something?

Participant

Are they pissed because he hit that rounded glass at end of bench?

Gimp
    Participant

Leaf fans are screaming that DeBrusk’s hit in Marleau right before the Kadri cross check was dirty and terrible. I watched the replay and don’t see it that way – am I missing something?

Noted POS Sean Avery was on Instagram screaming about how you don’t do that to a player like Marleau who’s been around 20 years blah blah blah….what a twunt.  A hit is either legal or it isn’t.  And that was a legal hit.  Kadri will get 8-10 games, and all the soft-as-puppy-poo Leafs fans now have something to clutch their pearls about.

He also said Austin Matthews should go at DeBrusk and drop the gloves at center ice  in Toronto.  As if Matthews getting the bag beaten out of himself will fire up the crowd. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Are they pissed because he hit that rounded glass at end of bench?

That’s what I thought, that is always a tough place to take a hit legal or otherwise.  The potential for serious damage makes it look worse.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Jake DeBrusk has NOT had a sophomore slump this year. He’s playing like he’s possessed.

I also listened to his father, Louie, doing analysis for Game 1 of the Winnipeg-St. Louis series on HNIC. He was very, very good.

Lebron
    Participant

Hookers and pills for everyone!

TJM
    Participant

Oh yeah if anything the media in this town is wayyyy to soft on its teams. Tell me again mike how the Sox were toast last year in August and the pats hadn’t a fucking prayer to get by the vaunted chiefs

Yahtzee
    Participant

Oh yeah if anything the media in this town is wayyyy to soft on its teams. Tell me again mike how the Sox were toast last year in August and the pats hadn’t a fucking prayer to get by the vaunted chiefs

He’s the worst.

I was lucky enough to go to the Bruins last night. Great atmosphere in the building. Really good hockey (although I’m not sure I’m really qualified to assess).

But turn down the effing crappy music.  And get off of my lawn.

TJM
    Participant

Just looked at his feed. He seems like a cvnts cvnt

TJM
    Participant

I blame Jim Rome. Every jack off on Twitter thinks he has to “have a take” like I give a fuck what Matty from pembroke thinks

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar