Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/8/19 -4/14/2019 Week Thread or Weak Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 207 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Was at the game last night too.   Totally agreed on the crappy music.     Maybe a little too much with the montages too.

Gronk was a nice touch.    Hope they can keep up the physical play in Toronto.    I’m developing a nice healthy hatred for them.

Lefty

Was at the game last night too. Totally agreed on the crappy music. Maybe a little too much with the montages too.

Gronk was a nice touch. Hope they can keep up the physical play in Toronto. I’m developing a nice healthy hatred for them.

Me three, but I sort of liked the crappy music.  How can anyone not like a nice mix of random metal complimented by the unparalleled talents of the Bay City Rollers?  S A T U R D A Y. N I G H T indeed.

Now, if you want to talk about the amazingly  shrill voice of the jumbletrom host….

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I liked the player flags waving before the first face off.

Crowd was very good.

Yahtzee
    Participant

CBJ!

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Ok I’ll give you the Bay City Rollers.

Claude45
    Participant

Brian Adias’s Asian spike was weak.

Lined up in the hall in catholic elementary school. A buddy of mine hits the kid in front of him with the Asian spike. Nun sees it and rushes over.

“Why did you do that?”

My buddy, “he left himself wide open.” Perfectly reasonable.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Claude45
    Participant

Idiot Volin wrote the following in his Sunday notes column:

The Canadian Football League works because it is distinctly Canadian and operates on a much smaller scale than most pro sports leagues (and I’ve been to a CFL game. There’s no downfield passing. It’s boring).”

This caused the CFL to react with a highlight video. While this should be added to the long list of examples of Volin’s incompetence, he’s taking a smug victory lap, tweeting “Sorry I hurt your feelings CFL.” Like a wrestling heel, when Volin makes an uninformed or outrageous comment, it’s a positive because he draws a reaction. Knowing what you’re talking about isn’t a concern for the sports media.

A real journalistic bulldog. “I’ve been to a game..,” A game? Moron.

Claude45
    Participant

Some professional sports bettor won over $110k on Jeopardy tonight. Good lord. Broke the old record by over 30k. The guy has won $244k so far in 4 days.

Mazz would ask why such low totals on the other 3 days. Just asking.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar