Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/14/2016 Daily Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Nick B
    Participant

First home win. What’s there to bitch about today??

NASCL
    Participant

I want Loyko to scour the Tweets of legitimate sources and then report that Neely might be the biggest loser of the Bruins’ organizational changes.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Schedule tonight.

NASCL
    Participant

Radio play-by-play voice for the Celtics / Atlanta game on Saturday:

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I’ll never understand why Wallach is on the air. He has no knowledge beyond memorizing stats. He has never had an independent thought. Worst of all, he just sounds terrible, how can you be on the radio without the pipes? He has the face for radio but nothing else.

Then again, Tanguay has the voice but everything he says with it is the worst garbage imaginable, so I guess give me Wallach.

Participant

“Look caller, the Patriots mailed it in and should have beaten Miami.”   Early January

“Look caller, the Celtics should have mailed it in and not beaten Miami.” Mid April

GusChiggins
    Participant

I saw the headline Kobe scored 60. So I tried to guess how many shots he took. I was thinking 37 with an endless parade to the foul line. Ha. 50 shots including 6 for 21 from three. A masterful performance by the second greatest Laker ever. Good riddence.

DUKA
    Participant

Celtics, Bruins, Pats, Sox all making News and D&C&M just spend last 1 1/2 talking about Gay Marriage and the cub scouts.  :lol:

NASCL
    Participant

St. Louis/LA hipster now with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

Kevin
    Participant

I love how much Tommy Heinsohn hates Dwyane Wade.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Celtics, Bruins, Pats, Sox all making News and D&C&M just spend last 1 1/2 talking about Gay Marriage and the cub scouts. :lol:

And they wonder why their Wallachs bitch.

Wallach sucks on play by play big time. He spends half his time arguing with Max to try to would smart. Tommy would kill him within the first 5 minutes.

Kevin
    Participant

Seems like Rams gave up way too much.

Participant

I love how much Tommy Heinsohn hates Dwyane Wade.

Gorman nearly passed out when Tommy said an offensive foul call on a Celtic was a “good call.”  :lol:

The Bald Zookeeper told me today (and gapped tooth jerk face Wallach agreed with him) that Smart has a reputation as a “flopper” – Is this true?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

King’s connection to the Stache got him this news first, of course he breaks the news with no details.

Kevin
    Participant

Beauty of getting the Stache’s 2017 first rounder is that you know it will be top 16. :lol:

What’s he gonna do, go 10-6 and shock the world?

InThisTown
    Participant

I can’t even believe that Kobe thing. Not that it happened but that anyone thinks it is somehow impressive. Did you see that shit? Zero defense. He was pushing off, no calls. Absurd. Legitimate consumer fraud from the officials. What NBA player taking 50 shots wouldn’t get at least 50 points even with real actual defense?

Chief
    Participant

You would think that the Rams, who benefited from this same sort of trade when they got 6 picks for RG3, would know better.  With the Patriots not having a 1st,  I havent really looked at the mocks.  Is there a franchise QB at 1?  Goff?

chicowalker
    Participant

I was wondering that, not having seen the highlights.  Was this basically the d on him?

InThisTown
    Participant

Goff?

Kevin
    Participant

Does Jared Goff have to throw his own birthday party? That’s how you know.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I can’t even believe that Kobe thing. Not that it happened but that anyone thinks it is somehow impressive. Did you see that shit? Zero defense. He was pushing off, no calls. Absurd. Legitimate consumer fraud from the officials. What NBA player taking 50 shots wouldn’t get at least 50 points even with real actual defense?

Love that his career ends this way.  Celebrated as a competitor. Never mind those times his season ended with a loss of 20+ points in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011. Or that his salary the final few years killed the lakers chances of competing. Or that he could never accept a role as a complimentary player instead was a chuckle till the bitter end.

NASCL
    Participant

Yeah, if the Titans needed a QB this would have endless Draft Day comparisons.

In any event, get the Jaguars GM on the phone.

Coma
    Participant

<iframe id=”twitter-widget-0″ class=”twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered” style=”position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 202.765625px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;” title=”Twitter Tweet” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”true” data-tweet-id=”720599430320283648″></iframe><script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” async=”” charset=”utf-8″></script>Seems like Rams gave up way too much.

Is the Titans GM going to hang up a sign saying “Dominate using the Rams picks” or whatever the lame slogan was? Will PK think it’s super cool if he does?

Feejis
    Participant

We know the NFL made the Rams promises if they drafted Sam. Did they make TEN promises too to make them give the #1 pick to the “new” Rams?

Good work by TwoTimes’ guys to get a lot of currency for it.

Kevin
    Participant

Yeah, if the Titans needed a QB this would have endless Draft Day comparisons.

In any event, get the Jaguars GM on the phone.

Might be my favorite part.

“What’s that kid’s name again?”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar