Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/25/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 59 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  BSF34 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author

BSF34
    Participant

Hubbuch admitting he’s a bullshit artist:

Sure, the job involved making a lot of mountains out of molehills for the sake of a splashy back page, but it fit my style. And many of those angles and headlines are truly funny, welcomed by an audience that’s smarter than it gets credit for. Even a lot of the athletes I covered appreciated the schtick.

Where’s that from?

Deadspin. Hubbuch wrote a column for them that went online last night. They’ve doubled down on their hatred towards the Patriots since Trump got elected.

Ok it was in that article. I didn’t want to give him a click.

Wait, what?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody who works in insurance or HVAC know what a “3p tech” is?

[EDIT] Third party?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

I think he’s eliminated food from his diet, just straight scotch.

Ironhead
    Participant

I want Butler to say with the Patriots just so Giardi looks more like a fool than usual.  He’s had a Felger/Mazz-like streak of being wrong about everything.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Stumbled across #fenwayweather. What a collection of folks that attracts. Please, please, please let us know soon because [insert personal reason for all of the Internet to see].

CornerBlitz
    Participant

The Patriots offseason maneuverings have been masterful.

Suzy
    Participant

Yet so many idiots don’t get that, and criticize them. Mindroasting.

Coma
    Participant

Hubbuch admitting he’s a bullshit artist:

Sure, the job involved making a lot of mountains out of molehills for the sake of a splashy back page, but it fit my style. And many of those angles and headlines are truly funny, welcomed by an audience that’s smarter than it gets credit for. Even a lot of the athletes I covered appreciated the schtick.

Deadspin pushed the heck out of that story. Normally, they’ll have links to three recent/popular stories at the top of their home page and you can scroll down the page to see the rest. For this story, they had just the title and graphic, larger than their usual banner stories, across the top of page. That was the case from when the story was launched yesterday until this morning. Can you imagine believing that the arrival of Bart Hubbuch and his BS stories is worthy of that treatment? He’s their Shockmaster.

NASCL
    Participant

Those #FenwayWeather people should just be thankful Lucchino is out of the picture.

jforb
    Participant

Those #FenwayWeather people should just be thankful Lucchino is out of the picture.

Suzy
    Participant

Sandoval to the DL.

Kevin
    Participant

Callahan is being weird on this Hernandez is gay rumor.

The Globe sucks, but what would their agenda be here? That gay people can’t be murderers? If anything, I think they’d gleefully take pleasure in tying Hernandez to the Patriots for a few more days.

And why would the Herald also hold back on reporting it?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Patriots draft so far:

1. (+ 3rd round pick) WR Brandin Cooks
    2. DE Kony Ealy (+ 3rd Round Pick)
    3. TBD
    3. TBD
    4. TBD
    4. TE Dwayne Allen (+ 6th Round Pick)
    5. TBD
    5. RB Mike Gilleslee
    6. TBD
    7. TBD

Suzy
    Participant

Callahan is being weird on this Hernandez is gay rumor. The Globe sucks, but what would their agenda be here? That gay people can’t be murderers? If anything, I think they’d gleefully take pleasure in tying Hernandez to the Patriots for a few more days. And why would the Herald also hold back on reporting it?

I haven’t been following the story in either local paper, but the national press is all over the gay/bi angle. It’s made the story even more notorious because now all the gossip rags are covering it.

One thing that surprised me is that apparently, the high school BF testified before the grand jury in the Lloyd case. It’s starting to look like Screechy was right when she said it’s hardly been a secret.

Claude45
    Participant

Callahan is being weird on this Hernandez is gay rumor. The Globe sucks, but what would their agenda be here? That gay people can’t be murderers? If anything, I think they’d gleefully take pleasure in tying Hernandez to the Patriots for a few more days. And why would the Herald also hold back on reporting it?

I don’t even really understand where there is much of a story.

Hernandez is gay? Hmm..it didn’t seem like he was. Now what?  What’s next? He was a NFL player and murderer. If true, he’s now a gay NFL player and murderer. I just don’t see any big story angle.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Claude45.

Participant

The gay/bi rumors keep his name in the news longer than that of the dead Rooney, which pissed Peter King off and makes me happy.

Hacksaw
    Participant

What we are finding out is Odin Lloyd said insensitive sexual comments and paid for it. Odin should have learned this through his Semi Pro Football League’s diversity program.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Claude45
    Participant

What we are finding out is Odin Lloyd said insensitive sexual comments and paid for it. Odin should have learned this through his Semi Pro Football League’s diversity program.

Is it Tomase level accurate on the report right now?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I can’t stop reading it. Some credit to the rando who tweeted that the game is canceled setting off a series of questions and recriminations.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Maybe he should have stuck around and said he bumped off Lloyd due to Lloyd using homosexual slurs. Globe would have been on his side.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Rappaport reporting on one of St Urbs cornerbacks being suspected of rape.

Didnt Breer tell us that Urbs boys only go bad when they go to the NFL?

Lebron
    Participant

Bert’s going with teams knew about it this morning and are gathering facts.  Don’t rush to judgement.

Bart Hubbuch and Bob Ley. I’m sure this will be a sober and rational take.

Lebron
    Participant

1PM Eastern.  Like Coach Bedard’s speaking engagement.  I assume all the unemployed are busy being barraged with ambulance chaser/annuity ads while rubbing one out to the soft core Cooking with Giada.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I figured Coach Betard would have plently of offers from teams looking for is insight.

They way he speaks to the unwashed you would think he’s an expert and can give BB a run for his money.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar