Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/28/17 Daily Thread

This topic contains 160 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  raftan 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 161 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Let’s Close It Out.

Draft weekend, where the un-athletic and un-informed tell the professionals that they screwed up their draft.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Nick B.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

NASCL
    Participant

I’d be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to send my condolences to the family of the actor who played my good friend Jack O’Callahan in the movie “Miracle.”

Patrick Pass
    Participant

LJSandwich
    Participant

Gerry and Kirk have moved on to Tony Robbins…nary a mention of gay Aaron at all.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Unfortunately for the Jets, there’s 50 other guys on the team.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I actually think Deshaun Watson is going to be pretty good. So if he catches on by the end of this season, Houston could be tough in the playoffs.

EDIT: You don’t get much more definitive than that analysis. Suck it, other football opinions!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Callahardfoul.

Kevin
    Participant

So you’re saying there’s good players available when you keep being the sixth worst team in the league? :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

How much column space/ vigorous onanism will Fatty spend on the Watt brothers playing each other on Christmas?

Participant

Gerry and Kirk have moved on to Tony Robbins…nary a mention of gay Aaron at all.

Who’s the 3rd fella?  Seems determined to be Lil’ Kirky.

LJSandwich
    Participant

Who’s the 3rd fella? Seems determined to be Lil’ Kirky.

Christian Arcand….smug prick is about the best I can come up with for him.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The only thing for sure about the NFL draft is that a bunch of ‘cant miss’ prospects will be duds, a bunch of ‘projects’ will go in the have very productive careers and a few guys nobody will bother to draft will make an NFL team over a more highly rated player. Come the end on Saturday some teams will have had great drafts and others will have had terrible drafts, but nobody can tell what category they fit in for a few years. All of the 10s of thousands or words that will be written about the draft come Sunday and Monday are essentially worthless.  Honestly 5 years ago did anybody think that drafting RG3 would basically  light the fuse on the end of Mike Shanahans head coaching career? Or that the the mother load of draft picks obtained by the Rams would have so little on-field impact that the franchise would relocate to LA?

Feejis
    Participant

Eisen sounded like he wanted to cry last night when Jeremiah said the Jets have the worst roster in the league.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Eisen sounded like he wanted to cry last night when Jeremiah said the Jets have the worst roster in the league.

It’s a fairly non-controversial statement, too. The other bad teams improved a bit in free agency.

NASCL
    Participant

Tiny Weather Lady brought the ‘A’ game this morning.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Speaking of a tiny “A” game, I’m referring to Kay Adams’ outfit last night. Her assets aren’t usually that, uh, out front, as it were. Yikes.

BSF34
    Participant

Speaking of a tiny “A” game, I’m referring to Kay Adams’ outfit last night. Her assets aren’t usually that, uh, out front, as it were. Yikes.

Wait, what?

BSF34
    Participant

Overserving with a smile

https://twitter.com/SullivansTap/status/857957936303308800

Wait, what?

Tom Pepper
    Participant

I have no science or stats to back me up but I have a feeling Melissa Stark shags like a minx.

Hacksaw
    Participant

First of all the ladies look stunning.

Carl Weathers looks like he found a good gym. Last time I saw him on TV was on the Shield he looked like crap, but then he was playing a character. ACTING!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Lebron
    Participant

I have no science or stats to back me up but I have a feeling Melissa Stark shags like a minx.

She’s wandering into the eat a meatball sub or 5 territory.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m volunteering to collect relevant data.

Feejis
    Participant

So that pretty much closes the book on a Jimmy deal this year, right?

Some people ripping Cleveland but I think they did well. Most “experts” like next year’s QBs better and they’ll probably stink again anyhow with a good chance of getting one of them.

Yahtzee
    Participant

What’s her face naturally hates one of the women laid off from ESPN this week.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That would be an ESPN Sports Science worth watching if they haven’t laid off the “scientists”.

chicowalker
    Participant

Agreed, as does Carl Weathers, and he doesn’t mess around.

eh, bound to happen.  Why was he there? Free buffet?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  chicowalker.

Kevin
    Participant

Why is Carl Weathers there? :lol:

Participant

Zuckerberg visited a Ford plant yesterday and it moved for Barnicle apparently.

Wow! And I do mean just, wow. Wealth is one thing. Wisdom is quite something else. https://mobile.twitter.com/willrahn/status/857683799836160001/photo/1 

Feejis
    Participant

Why is Carl Weathers there? 😆

Rocky statue? Also he played in the NFL.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Briefly played in the NFL and the Philly/Rocky thing.

EDIT: Feejis’d

Kevin
    Participant

Apollo Creed nicknames, Ranked:

1. The Count of Monte Fisto
    2. The King of Sting
    3. The Master of Disaster

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Meeting Rocky in Philly?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Apollo Creed nicknames, Ranked: 1. The Count of Monte Fisto 2. The King of Sting 3. The Master of Disaster

The 16 year old version of me was willing to run though a wall for the US of A after seeing Rocky 4 in at the local cinema.

chicowalker
    Participant

o/u on combined free throws for Butler/Wade tonight? I’ll go 20.5.  Surprised to see their total for the series is only 63 combined.

Brian
    Participant

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

First of all the ladies look stunning. Carl Weathers looks like he found a good gym. Last time I saw him on TV was on the Shield he looked like crap, but then he was playing a character. ACTING!

He’s on Chicago Justice now. Sunday nights on NBC.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Is Weathers the “You got a stew on.” guy on Arrested Development?  Back me up here KMac.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Weathers hosted the Red Carpet. Another piece of shitty non-football programming.

InThisTown
    Participant

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

First of all the ladies look stunning. Carl Weathers looks like he found a good gym. Last time I saw him on TV was on the Shield he looked like crap, but then he was playing a character. ACTING!

He’s on Chicago Justice now. Sunday nights on NBC.

If it’s geographical cops/lawyers/hospital shows you want, NBC is your place.

jforb
    Participant

Is Weathers the “You got a stew on.” guy on Arrested Development? Back me up here KMac.

Yes. Been trying to work a stew joke in but haven’t come up with any.

chicowalker
    Participant

Same here Lazlo.  I saw Rocky 4 on consecutive days in two different theatres, which is impressive as an 11 year old with a limited allowance.  It was because of the fervent patriotism on display (especially day 2- “U-S-A! U-S-A!” as Rocky mounted his comeback) that out of respect I have never watched any subsequent entries in the franchise.  I know Creed is supposed to be great, but unlike Rocky, Drago, and the thousands of commie bastards in the audience, I can’t change.

InThisTown
    Participant

Rocky statue mention requires the obligatory:

InThisTown
    Participant

Same here Lazlo. I saw Rocky 4 on consecutive days in two different theatres, which is impressive as an 11 year old with a limited allowance. It was because of the fervent patriotism on display (especially day 2- “U-S-A! U-S-A!” as Rocky mounted his comeback) that out of respect I have never watched any subsequent entries in the franchise. I know Creed is supposed to be great, but unlike Rocky, Drago, and the thousands of commie bastards in the audience, I can’t change.

3 and 4 are unwatchable. Even 1 is pretty bizarre. There’s the weird undercurrent of incest between Adrian and Paulie and they just kind of randomly scream at each other. Adrian is not “shy” she’s clearly on the spectrum with severe social disorders. And they aren’t even trying to play it like that, it just comes out that way. And Rocky is…I don’t even know what. He just grunts a lot. It’s fucking insane. Creed is the best of the bunch, IMO.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Weathers was in the first season of Colony. I can’t even remember what happened to him. Killed off maybe? But he’s not in Season 2.

chicowalker
    Participant

I fully agree that if Rocky 4 came out now I’d think it was ridiculous, but it hit me in a sweet spot.  Me and my cousins were getting into boxing (built a ring in the yard, etc) plus I was a burgeoning cold warrior :lol:.  I once sat down with a stopwatch to see how much of the movie wasn’t montage but I gave up, wish I had followed through.  Per IMDB the movie is 91 minutes, I’d say at least 1/3 montage?  “Heart’s on fire” still on the mix I use to run 5ks, timed for my version of Heartbreak Hill, around 2.5 miles or so :ohmy:   :lol:

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Kevin
    Participant

I like all of them. Even Five.

Mostly unironically. :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I like them all except I don’t think I ever saw V

Kingasaurus
    Participant

There’s nothing in Rocky 3 that’s as bad as large chunks of Rocky 4.

That speech is really painful.  :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

When Rocky came out I don’t think there was any real acceptance that people were ‘on the spectrum’ or suffered from ‘social anxiety disorders’. They were just wierdos and typically portrayed that way on film.  I went to grade school with a kid that was obsessed with dinosaurs. Not just ‘really into’ dinosaurs but obsessed with them. It was a catholic school and when he drew a dinosaur ascending into heaven instead of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Nun teacher 100% lost her shit. Looking back that kid was clearly on some type of spectrum but the only services he got a Sacred Heart was a ton of shit for not listening to directions and being a general pain in the ass.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar