Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/29-4/30/2017 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 53 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Obviously, people were so hungover in delirium from drafting Rivers and Garcia that no one could get up to start the weekend thread.

The two picks so far seem suspiciously well received

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Pats trade their 5th to Chiefs for TE James O’Shaughnessy and a 6th

Belichick and Andy Reid strike again during the draft

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Took a look at Bert’s Day 2 column. Praises Creevrand for using a Round 2 pick on the QB from Notre Dame and essentially says no big deal if it doesn’t work out. Same guy who finger-wagged Aaron Dobson not working out.

RedSeat
    Participant

Pats trade their 5th to Chiefs for TE James O’Shaughnessy and a 6th Belichick and Andy Reid strike again during the draft

Belichick and Reid have made at least one trade every* single year!!!!

* Except in the multiple years when they didn’t.

Claude45
    Participant

FYI  to Twitter users, there is no version of a joke on Jake Butt’s name that is original or funny. Not one. Let it go or keep it to yourself.

jforb
    Participant

Butt they’re so easy to make.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Butt they’re so easy to make.

I think Claude finds them assinine.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Took a look at Bert’s Day 2 column. Praises Creevrand for using a Round 2 pick on the QB from Notre Dame and essentially says no big deal if it doesn’t work out. Same guy who finger-wagged Aaron Dobson not working out.

I’m going to assume you’re not making some sort of obscure Asian joke here.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pats trade their 5th to Chiefs for TE James O’Shaughnessy and a 6th

He’s good. He’s very good.

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

andrew
    Participant

The hottake du jour: The Patriots only have five picks in the 2017 draft, so they are setting themselves up for failure in 2019 and 2020 because they won’t have the good young players that they would have had if they had more draft picks.

Gimp
    Participant

Very large, very loud Cubs contingent here st Fenway today.

An abundance of band wagon jumpers no doubt, but still an impressive representation.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Eff the Rangers.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I was watching the end of the Sox game and NESN had a crawl down the bottom which said later tonight Dirty Water TV from the Charlestown 99

so I wasn’t sure I saw it right or the board has seeped deeply into my brain so I quickly googled their website. Yup saw it right:

Spring & Summer is Bursting with Flavor at The 99 Restaurant & Pub

Yahtzee
    Participant

Speaking of the Sox, Tim Neverett needs to STFU once in a while.

NASCL
    Participant

Gill apparently blew his allowance on a Bruins Fat Bike, whatever the bleep that is.

Posting videos of opening the effin box.

Loser.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Just called in Thai food and got here early enough to sit at the bar.  And they have Ipswich 101 on tap. I feel like I won the lottery.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Bills may be firing Doug Whaley tomorrow.     Great timing.    Keep on doing Bills things Buffalo.

Lefty

Bills may be firing Doug Whaley tomorrow. Great timing. Keep on doing Bills things Buffalo.

That will leave the Pegulas owning a hockey team with no GM or coach and a football team with no GM.

InThisTown
    Participant

Very large, very loud Cubs contingent here st Fenway today. An abundance of band wagon jumpers no doubt, but still an impressive representation.

So they jumped on the bandwagon and spent money on a plane ticket and hotel in Boston? Solid analysis.

Lefty

Wow, Holtby is not having a good night for Washington.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Very large, very loud Cubs contingent here st Fenway today. An abundance of band wagon jumpers no doubt, but still an impressive representation.

So they jumped on the bandwagon and spent money on a plane ticket and hotel in Boston? Solid analysis.

It’s like Carl Sandburg wrote; scratch a Cubs fan, find a Marlins fan underneath.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Just called in Thai food and got here early enough to sit at the bar. And they have Ipswich 101 on tap. I feel like I won the lottery.

And did you even have to use your AK?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I was watching the end of the Sox game and NESN had a crawl down the bottom which said later tonight Dirty Water TV from the Charlestown 99 so I wasn’t sure I saw it right or the board has seeped deeply into my brain so I quickly googled their website. Yup saw it right:

The Miserable Kindergartener’s favorite restaurant is The 99. In Canton.

Lebron
    Participant

Saw a guy today wearing a Kevin Millar Marlins jersey.  Weird

Gimp
    Participant

Bills fire Doug Whaley.  Immediately after the draft.

:blink:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Gimp.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Pats sign D.J. Killings as UDFA

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wow, Holtby is not having a good night for Washington.

NBC is praying mightily it won’t be televising an Ottawa-vs.-Edmonton Stanley Cup Final …

Lebron
    Participant

NHL would love Edmonton though so they could get McDavid some exposure

Lebron
    Participant

McFilthy, McNasty and Frankie Johnson.  Hated those guys.  And Gene Shue looked like a shoe.  I feel like glass packed muffler voice Kevin Loughery was involved but he might have just been calling the games.  And fuck Congressman MacMillan

Lefty

Pats sign D.J. Killings as UDFA

“Mike, how can they draft a guy named “Killings” after all Aaron Hernandez did here?   I just don’t know what they’re thinking down there.”

Coma
    Participant

Most bizarre draft-related item: Some people on PatsFans believe everything Loyko has to say.

Also, was there a big school player with a violence or drug issue that didn’t get drafted? I guess all the talk about taking questionable character guys off the board  was just talk.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I thought Mike “Ron Wolf” Felger told us they were going to draft a kicker to light a fire under Steve?

The funniest thing about the local media Pats critics is that they’re convinced Bill and the coaches definitely have a problem with the exact same players that they have a problem with. Like equals…

BSF34
    Participant

Mark
    Participant

Bills fire Doug Whaley. Immediately after the draft.

:blink:

Besides some rookie free agents to sign, the heavy lifting is done. It’s probably the ideal time.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Van Gundy needs to die

Yahtzee
    Participant

This Celtics game is nuts.

Wizards seemingly have already used 19 of their 22 timeouts.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Pats Pulpit uses ‘EDGE’ as a position. Is that something it came up with?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

This turnaround would not have been needed if Stevens had had his team ready to play at the start, Mike.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Yahtzee.

andrew
    Participant

I never thought I’d see P. K. Subban play in anything other than a Canadiens uniform until Montreal traded him to Nashville.

Lebron
    Participant

Pierre Maguire working Dale’s side of the street with Robert Gordon Orr

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Bills fire Doug Whaley. Immediately after the draft. :blink:

That’s when you do it. I mean usually they wait until like Tuesday but after the draft is how it works. It’s their after the season ends.

In other news, 1st Bills flag game ended up a scrimmage as the Panthers had 2 kids. Still, we went up 27-6. Fun was had. Routes were learned. Also I got a tiny kid that runs like the wind. It’s like trying to bring down Eddie Geidel.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The guitarist to Eddie Vedder’s left:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Pats Pulpit uses ‘EDGE’ as a position. Is that something it came up with?

No, it’s common now. People got tired of saying 3-4 LB or 4-3 DE.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

I was watching the end of the Sox game and NESN had a crawl down the bottom which said later tonight Dirty Water TV from the Charlestown 99 so I wasn’t sure I saw it right or the board has seeped deeply into my brain so I quickly googled their website. Yup saw it right:

The Miserable Kindergartener’s favorite restaurant is The 99. In Canton.

Chicken fingers, free popcorn its gradeschool heaven

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

McFilthy, McNasty and Frankie Johnson. Hated those guys. And Gene Shue looked like a shoe. I feel like glass packed muffler voice Kevin Loughery was involved but he might have just been calling the games. And fuck Congressman MacMillan

ITT would object but the most annoying thing about those pukes Montador would literally beat the shit out of them, literally, lit er a lly.

Ooh oh “bad boys” eat fist bitch.

Kmac
    Participant

The guitarist to Eddie Vedder’s left:

Is that another “67 Sox” cunt?

Hates the Pats fans. Typical faggot.

Kmac
    Participant

I would be honored to be known as a “Pats67 youth”.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Would be nice to see Han Ram turn it on.

I saw in a Chad Finn tweet that ESPN will allow Dave O’Brien’s contract to run out.

Lebron
    Participant

Sweet goal by McDavid

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar