Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/1 Daily Thread: Happy May Day and Hockey Refs Suck

This topic contains 39 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author

a.paul
    Participant

When the entire hockey world is in agreement maybe it’s time for the NHWWEL to do something?

jforb
    Participant

Holy crap, +8 (8209) but one is a lifetime (88).

Minihane’s most recent podcast is with Cub Reporter Reimer, trying to appeal for his return to gainful employment at EEI. Apparently, with the exception of a few spot appearances here and there and some articles, Reimer really hasn’t been back on since the Brady daughter flap. And Kirk in the podcast is doing what he can to rehab Reimer’s reputation, I guess to try to get him back on.

So I was wondering what can be done to influence things the other way. I mean, fuck that little worm. He’d get back on, play it safe for a while, but eventually fall back to his true nature, just as Tomase did.

Lebron
    Participant

In the coach’s interview Brown went right for well we’ve had 6 days off and then in the post game hit on it further and then said they’ll watch tape.  What the fuck were you doing for the last 5 or 6 days, slapping each other on the ass and making sure your family/friends have tickets for the finals?  Watch tape?  Oh, that’s good.  Hey news flash professor, the series already started and you’re down 0-1.  I’m sure the VCR will fix everything.  Only thing  missing is a Philly radio guy screaming ‘they practiced that play all week!’

chicowalker
    Participant

What did Reimer bring to the table before?  If it had been Minihane who had been suspended, allowing him back on would have at least been understandable from a business perspective- he gets ratings.  I’m glad Reimer does not have to be closeted to try to work in sports, but the only thing that distinguishes him from the hordes of other Felger Jrs is that he’s gay.  If it were, say, Christian Arcand* who had done what Reimer did would there be any call for him to return?

*he’s one of them, right? It might be a made up name

Hacksaw
    Participant

Reimer is the reason I stopped listening to sports radio.

For what an agent’s word is worth.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

What did Reimer bring to the table before? If it had been Minihane who had been suspended, allowing him back on would have at least been understandable from a business perspective- he gets ratings. I’m glad Reimer does not have to be closeted to try to work in sports, but the only thing that distinguishes him from the hordes of other Felger Jrs is that he’s gay. If it were, say, Christian Arcand* who had done what Reimer did would there be any call for him to return? *he’s one of them, right? It might be a made up name

I’m sure Buckley honestly thinks Alex is an AMAAAAZing talent, and the fact that they’re both gay has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with how incredibly vociferous Buckley is in defending the guy. Completely unrelated.

Lebron
    Participant

Well duh, Bill wanted to trade everything to the Giants so he could be set up when he assumes his dream job!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

So this can be told now… Yeah right. Always after the story has come out elsewhere.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Been watching Billions, Taylor who is non-binary and now in  a relationship, receives flowers delivered to the office. The guy named Dollar Bill says, “Nice weeds.”

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

jforb
    Participant

‘Klemko and I’ means Breer happened to be in the room when Klemko got a tip?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Albert “Segundo” Breer

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Reimer is the reason I stopped listening to sports radio.

Dennis and Callahan did it for me back in 2002.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Christian Arcand is definitely a person. I think he’s not very hot take-y though.  So probably why we don’t hear them.

Would anyone believe me if I said I quit listening to talk radio when Ted Sarandis left?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Add May 5 and May 19 to the BSMW calendar – Degenerate Gambler Acceptance Days-Thoroughbred Division

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

They talked to Baker Mayfield.  Big fucking deal.  They talked to Lamar Jackson too and passed on him twice.  Bill told Chubb you won’t be there when we pick but I wanted to tell you that you are a great football player.  They kick the tires on everyone and everything, that’s why they are the best at not only finding players but also knowing about other players.

Nick B
    Participant

They talked to Baker Mayfield. Big fucking deal. They talked to Lamar Jackson too and passed on him twice. Bill told Chubb you won’t be there when we pick but I wanted to tell you that you are a great football player. They kick the tires on everyone and everything, that’s why they are the best at not only finding players but also knowing about other players.

i’m telling ya mike, “them talking to Mayfiled has to be a message to Brady. letting him know, were not taking your shit this year”.

Suzy
    Participant

They talked to Baker Mayfield. Big fucking deal. They talked to Lamar Jackson too and passed on him twice. Bill told Chubb you won’t be there when we pick but I wanted to tell you that you are a great football player. They kick the tires on everyone and everything, that’s why they are the best at not only finding players but also knowing about other players.

They are so far inside the heads of the galactically stupid it’s funny. Each hint of a gesture they make has deeeeep significance that needs to be addressed and dissected–to a wrong conclusion every time.

Ironhead
    Participant

If they do in fact love Mayfield, they can certainly get him on the cheap once he CLE gives up on him too soon.

Participant

Minihane’s most recent podcast is with Cub Reporter Reimer, trying to appeal for his return to gainful employment at EEI. Apparently, with the exception of a few spot appearances here and there and some articles, Reimer really hasn’t been back on since the Brady daughter flap. And Kirk in the podcast is doing what he can to rehab Reimer’s reputation, I guess to try to get him back on.

So I was wondering what can be done to influence things the other way. I mean, fuck that little worm. He’d get back on, play it safe for a while, but eventually fall back to his true nature, just as Tomase did.

Fuck Pee Wee

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If they do in fact love Mayfield, they can certainly get him on the cheap once he CLE gives up on him too soon.

Absolutely.

The period before the draft is one time that Belichick (or any coach) can meet with a player before he signs his first NFL contract. After that, it’s tampering. I never want to see BB coach in the Pro Bowl again (who wants to exit the playoffs that early?), but imagine the screaming about tampering if other AFC teams suspected that Bill was chatting up their players.

Howe teased that he had some perspective on the Pats/Mayfield thing.  Any Athletic subscribers read it?

Feejis
    Participant

Howe teased that he had some perspective on the Pats/Mayfield thing. Any Athletic subscribers read it?

EDITED to prevent Bruce from being sent a copyright infringement letter.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Feejis.

Ironhead
    Participant

Yes – check your Twitter DM box.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar