Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/11/2018 Daily Thread – No days off, No days off

This topic contains 41 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Canadian Soldier 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Claude45
    Participant

No thread yet? Come on people, the Peter King hate doesn’t just generate itself!

chicowalker
    Participant

Having a good morning so far?  Looking forward to the weekend?  Want to ruin it?  How about Mensa Matt, Cam in Taunton, and Fisher Price Hottaker #8 playing Felger and Mazz dress up, and unleashing it on the world

Mensa Matt comes in at two minutes or so, and…I’ll temper this because he seems a bit touched, but if he’s not, there are few people on this entire planet he should feel comfortable being critical of.  They certainly don’t include the likes of Jackie Bradley, Al Horford, Tukka Rask, etc.  He should reserve his barbs for the guy who eats the heat lamp egg roll inside of the 7-11, instead of doing the civilized thing and eating it sitting down in the parking lot, like Matt

InThisTown
    Participant

Bwett Bwown

InThisTown
    Participant

Jesus christ reading the +/- for the series.

chicowalker
    Participant

I was shocked to see Covington was only -7 in game five.  Aside from the lat three he hit I can’t recall seeing someone just do everything wrong for every minute they were on the court.

NASCL
    Participant

Tony, I see other teams are signing their first round draft picks and the Patriots are out there with two first round picks not under contract.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

NBC may dump the NHL again if Winnipeg makes it to the finals.

chicowalker
    Participant

where do you see the whole series? I can’t find it on basketball reference

jforb
    Participant

Play index link (76ers) and C’s

Speaking of +/-, +4.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  jforb.

InThisTown
    Participant

I was referring to those dummies reading everyone’s +/- for the series. It was Butch Stearns-esk.

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

Raptors fire Casey. So much for COTY.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Seeing this breakdown of what the Celtics did to Ben Simmons, the strategy seemed so simple it made me agog that other teams didn’t do this before. They couldn’t figure out how to sag off of him?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Raptors fire Casey. So much for COTY.

It’s something to put on a resume.

Lebron
    Participant

I think there was a run on COYs getting fired soon after they won the award.  Sam Mitchell, George Karl, few guys that got it the next season.

NASCL
    Participant

Traffic Lady:  overrated

Claude45
    Participant

Before the Philly series “The talent gap between the Celtics and the Sixers is MASSIVE! C’mon, stop being a homer. Philly in 5. ”

After the Philly series “Look, YOU have all said how undermanned this Celtics team is but there is still a lot of talent. There are still a bunch of high draft picks on this roster. YOU haven’t valued this roster correctly.”

Worthless, all of them.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Claude45.

In light of Bledsoe image restoration week, how come all the revisionist historians – the people who tried to claim Belichick only won Super Bowls with Parcells draft picks until BB won two more – never questioned why Bledsoe couldn’t win a Super Bowl with a team stocked with Martin, Coates, Glenn, Byars, Meggett, McGinest, Johnson, Bruschi, Law and Milloy?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Meggett. Now that guy is downright rapey.

Participant

“Him and Parcells are really undreappreciated around here.” Dan Shaughnessy to the Crosseyed Clipboard Holder

chicowalker
    Participant

The girl I went to HS with who has “Meggett” tattooed on her leg (no word if it was applied post-coital by the man himself, prison style) shockingly did not make our 25th reunion last year.  Reasons could include not having an email address, prison, ravine

Feejis
    Participant

The girl I went to HS with who has “Meggett” tattooed on her leg (no word if it was applied post-coital by the man himself, prison style) shockingly did not make our 25th reunion last year. Reasons could include not having an email address, prison, ravine

What’s a Cranston reunion like anyhow? Don’t you people still see each other all the time?

BSF34
    Participant

Bwett Bwown

Mensa is LJ jr.

Wait, what?

chicowalker
    Participant

The girl I went to HS with who has “Meggett” tattooed on her leg (no word if it was applied post-coital by the man himself, prison style) shockingly did not make our 25th reunion last year. Reasons could include not having an email address, prison, ravine

What’s a Cranston reunion like anyhow? Don’t you people still see each other all the time?

We had one guy come in from cleveland! My core group of friends are all Cranston, but there were a lot of people that I probably could have seen many times over the years, but hadn’t. TL:DR, yes

Lebron
    Participant

All of our reunions are set up through Facebook apparently.  Couple that with them scheduling it the Friday after Thanksgiving and it’s purely for the locals.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar