Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/13 – 5/19/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 190 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 191 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

God, did you hear? Peggy Lipton..died…you girls never watched Mod Squad?

Humphrey
    Participant

So other teams do the local team a supposed favor by knocking out the teams that ‘owned’ them, and you shit on them for doing what they then should be doing?

I’m pretty sure the Jets did the Steelers a pretty big favor by knocking out the Pats back in 2010.

Or the Jaguars defeating the Broncos in the divisional round in ’96. It’s the playoffs, christ look at the NCAA tournament and how many supposed giants fall making the path supposedly easier for the eventual champion.

Why, yes, everyone turns off March Madness after the first weekend if a top seed or two gets knocked off.

Big Fat O
    Participant

So the Bruins run isn’t legit according to Coach Betard since Tampa Bay and Wash decided to suck and lose to shittier teams.

Can someone explain to Coach Betard that I can hear this nonsense from 6-12 daily news on 2 radio stations for free so why would I spend a nickel to read it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Irv Levin came to mind when the tributes to Havlicek were being made. Forgot that Peggy Lipton’s father was part of the “Celtics bum owner of the year” club.

For some reason cannot link a NYT article about Levin that chronicles him owning and swapping the Celtics for the Buffalo Braves, who became the Clippers. Good reading.

Coma
    Participant

So the Bruins run isn’t legit according to Coach Betard since Tampa Bay and Wash decided to suck and lose to shittier teams.

Can someone explain to Coach Betard that I can hear this nonsense from 6-12 daily news on 2 radio stations for free so why would I spend a nickel to read it.

The absurdity of Almost-A-Coach’s “logic” just dawned on me: The Bruins defeated the Blue Jackets and have a 2-0 lead on the Hurricanes. The Blue Jackets and Hurricanes, in turn, eliminated the Lightning and Capitals. In Coach Craig’s world, this means the Bruins would have no chance against Tampa Bay or Washington, even though they are beating the teams who beat the teams who “own them.” Put another way, it’s just easier to call Bedard stupid.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bruins’ Cup wins in 1970 and 1972 are tainted because they didn’t have to go through Montreal.  /Bedard

Why would anyone pay a cent to read his shit?  What a miserable anjerk. Exactly why is he in the sportswriting business, anyway?

Lebron
    Participant

Always gets me that the stoner next to Wooderson grows up to be Flemmi in Black Mass.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was cooking last night and flipped on EEI (where is the old Eddie Andelman Sunday night show?), and someone I’ve never heard of was ragging about how bad the Red Sox are and how they won’t be able to sustain this or that.  I lasted about 90 seconds and off to podcast land. So negative; Pitino was right.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pedroia shut down again. Props to him for trying to come back and earn the rest of that huge contract, but this could be all she wrote.

Red Sox play the Padres August 23-25 in San Diego. It would be a shame if something happened to Manny Machado, at the plate or in the field, during that series.

Participant

Guenther Cunningham won’t be down for the Bears-Packers magical Season 100 Opener.

Lefty

Guenther Cunningham won’t be down for the Bears-Packers magical Season 100 Opener.

Wasn’t he also Richie’s missing brother on “Happy Days”    They wrote him out because of his overtly Nazi tendencies.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Lefty

https://www.masslive.com/bruins/2019/05/bear-force-one-jetblue-unveils-boston-bruins-themed-plane-ahead-of-conference-finals-game-3.html

“Oh, sure, they get to deal with Jet Blue because Pan Am and Eastern folded up.   Typical Bruins, taking the easy way.” – Bedard.

10 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

If they wanted to show how tough they were they’d fly a 737 Max 8

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Brother In Law Beilen leaving Mich for the Cavs job…..

GusChiggins
    Participant

Brother In Law Beilen leaving Mich for the Cavs job…..

Crean is the Harbaugh brother-in-law. It flew under my radar that he went to Georgia.

Lebron
    Participant

Pretty weird hire, a 66 year old career college coach.  My only thought is they like Sexton enough and they’ll have a top 4 or whatever pick coming in.

Crean made his bones with that Wade team at Marquette.  Had a decent Indiana team one year.  Other than that he just yells and spits and sweats a lot.

Lefty

Judge rules all video in Kraft jerk off case is inadmissible as wrongfully obtained.

Their case is destroyed.    He can claim he got a regular massage, the masseuse won’t say different and there is nothing the prosecution can do about it.

This should end the rhetoric, I trust.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Here’s a good example of what we deal with around here. Felger cites Shank of all people writing a positive article saying it looks like the Sox are moving forward. They are only 3 behind.

Mazz on the other hand is having none of it. Still haven’t recovered and could loss 4 in a row at any time.

Lebron
    Participant

Judge rules all video in Kraft jerk off case is inadmissible as wrongfully obtained.

Their case is destroyed. He can claim he got a regular massage, the masseuse won’t say different and there is nothing the prosecution can do about it.

Of course Pete will say he should still publicly admit guilt and ask for the stiffest punishment from Goodell imaginable, and not say a word.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Have to imagine Integrity Goodell will still give Kraft “stiff” punishment.  If he doesn’t, the PR from all the Patriot haters will be bad.  If he does spank Kraft, Goodell only alienates Pats fans, who already hate him anyway.

Participant

Shank called the judge a “fanboy” yet?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Their case is destroyed. He can claim he got a regular massage, the masseuse won’t say different and there is nothing the prosecution can do about it.

I almost feel bad for the Deadspin crew. They invested so much time and energy in this case and were really, really looking forward to seeing that video. This has to be like the Super Bowl against the Falcons all over again for them. Victory seemed like it was in the bag and they ended up with nothing but bitterness.

Lefty

Oh, I think Deadspin, et al, will get the video.   I think the cops have been so shaky throughout that I have little doubt someone in the PD or the prosecutors office will leak the tape within the week.

Feejis
    Participant

Oh, I think Deadspin, et al, will get the video. I think the cops have been so shaky throughout that I have little doubt someone in the PD or the prosecutors office will leak the tape within the week.

I hope this happens and Kraft goes scorched earth Daenerys suing the cops, the DA, deadspin, everyone.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar