Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/13 – 5/19/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 190 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • Author

Participant

Delighted the Canes are relevant again. That said, rinks dropped in large parking lots, off a highway exit, feels so Foxboro soulless. As late as ‘67, Tom Yawkey sought to land Red Sox off Rt 128 in Newton, big bowl, big lot. But for the grace of the Impossibe Dream.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Oh, I think Deadspin, et al, will get the video. I think the cops have been so shaky throughout that I have little doubt someone in the PD or the prosecutors office will leak the tape within the week.

I imagine it will be out by tonight.

chicowalker
    Participant

relevant again? How long have they existed for, 20 years?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Stiff” punishment? “Leaky” cops?  Kraft’s 78 years old … I believe the latter more than the former.

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah, I mean where would the NHL be without a relevant team in Carolina?  Such a storied and rich tradition laden franchise.  WTF?

Lebron
    Participant

So the Celtics have the 20th pick, which is the Clippers, the 22nd pick, which is their own, the Kings pick which is at 14 with the lottery odds but is top 1 protected, and the Memphis pick which is top 8 protected.  Worst scenario is the Kings win the lottery and the Sixers get to keep the pick.

NASCL
    Participant

Did you hear about Tim Conway?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Will they bury him in a little Dorf coffin?

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Terry Rozier seems to have a very elevated opinion of Terry Rozier

chicowalker
    Participant

I think all the shit he’s caught over that have holstered a ton of T&P he may otherwise have doled out for celebrity deaths, and you know that eats at him

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Terry Rozier seems to have a very elevated opinion of Terry Rozier

Holy shit, right. I might want the #2 pick tonight (Ja Morant) more than I wanted 1 in 2007

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

This guy will take credit for anyting :blink:

Lebron
    Participant

Rozier is a restricted free agent such that the Celtics could match an offer?  Not sure what say he would have in the matter if they want to keep him if that’s the case.

Humphrey
    Participant

Rozier is a restricted free agent such that the Celtics could match an offer? Not sure what say he would have in the matter if they want to keep him if that’s the case.

I can’t see dumping Irving and keeping Rozier. Reward a guy who was a total asshole this year and played like dogshit? Did people really want him playing as opposed to Irving not playing?

chicowalker
    Participant

I think it may be a $ issue.  Unless Horford opts out, they are porked to sign any FA to anything more than the MLE.  They can go over the cap to sign Rozier*

*this may all be wildly incorrect

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s starting to come out that Rozier was a bit of a problem. Heard on the radio that Washburn wrote some were complaining that Tatum and Brown we’re losing touches to Kyrie and Haywood.

Ainge isnt going to trade most of the team like he did a few years ago but some will be moving on whether or not Davis comes.

Suzy
    Participant

<noscript><noscript></noscript>

I think all the shit he’s caught over that have holstered a ton of T&P he may otherwise have doled out for celebrity deaths, and you know that eats at him

But that would indicate an iota of dignity, the ability to learn from one’s mistakes, and at least a modicum of self-awareness. :ohmy:

Not seeing it, Cheeks.

That said, he hasn’t been his usual ghoulish self; true. :lol:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

It would be really good for that Memphis pick to fall in the top 8. They’ve hit reset, much rather have a shot at the 1 overall in 2 years.

Lebron
    Participant

It would be really good for that Memphis pick to fall in the top 8. They’ve hit reset, much rather have a shot at the 1 overall in 2 years.

Agreed, if it goes chalk this year I don’t think they mind.

I would imagine there was most certainly a bit of these guys not being happy with Irving.  They were within 1 game of the championship round without him, I can see Irving especially after that weirdo public is it cool if I re-sign here pronouncement coming in saying hey guys I’m back everyone fall in line and them not taking to it.  For a guy like Rozier it messed with his money so to speak as it would effect his RFA options.  I’m not condoning it or how he’s handling it, but I get it.  You screw with a person’s money or opportunity and they can be capable of anything.  If anyone needed to just shut the eff up and play it was Irving, and he didn’t do that.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Sale dealing tonight.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Knicks or Lakers will win this final 4.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Thank God!!

Lebron
    Participant

That’s funny. Knicks get fucked, Lakers get fucked and the Pelicans have the Zion pick and Anthony Davis can get fucked.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bruins keeping up the pressure.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Rask has been amazing tonight softie aside.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar