Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/13 – 5/19/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 190 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 191 total)
  • Author

Big Fat O
    Participant

Wonder if Davis wants to stay now with the No 1 pick?

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Sale: 17 k’s in 7 innings. Sox blow 3-2 lead in top 8. No decision. 4-4 bottom  of 9th. 21 k’s for the Rockies

Hacksaw
    Participant

Is this pitcher one of Marty Sheen’s kids?

Feejis
    Participant

Screwed by two more reviews tonight.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Gotta love the way this team fights through all that shit and delivers.  Helps to have Tuuka standing on his head but this is a very lovable team.

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

When I was thinking about who would get the #1 I hadn’t even considered New Orleans. I love it, basically screws Philly/Lakers/Knicks, and potentially Kyrie/Anthony Davis.  Man plans, God laughs

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

So I wouldn’t go overboard about how good the Bruins have been to this point. They have the proverbial hot goalie. The Blue Jackets or Hurricanes could be doing this with Rask.

Lefty

So I wouldn’t go overboard about how good the Bruins have been to this point. They have the proverbial hot goalie. The Blue Jackets or Hurricanes could be doing this with Rask.

I don’t know who wrote that, but when any local team is in the final four – and about to be in the final two – of a very grueling playoff run toward a championship, it is total douchebaggery to step in and piss on them and basically say they are lucky and not praiseworthy.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Nick B
    Participant

I don’t know who wrote that, but when any local team is in the final four – and about to be in the final two – of a very grueling playoff run toward a championship, it is total douchebaggery to step in and piss on them and basically say they are lucky and not praiseworthy.

That’s Felgers move all the way. He used to say that anytime you get to the conference finals it is a good year. now he moves the goalposts.  The cup is there for Boston to take and if they don’t win the cup they failed.

Just let the ferry he’s on sink on one of his trips this year.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

what knots will Mazz twist himself into today to convince us that Carolina isn’t cooked?  Yesterday it was “they’re playing possum!” :lol: Brindamour saying they were fatigued was a ruse to get the Bruins to not try, I guess?  He’s so dumb, I wonder what kind of everyday stuff he has trouble with?  Does his wife let him operate the blender, that sort of thing

7 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

I missed the context of the previous paragraph

The Bruins are still the better team, but I think I could make the argument that if it wasn’t for Rask, the Bruins could very easily be trailing in this series. Certainly if you swapped goaltenders, that would be the case.

A whole one subscriber on the day

:blink:  “They’re only doing this because a key player playing great happens to be a member of their team.” Well, I guess it’s a good thing Rask is a Bruin, then.

Seriously, this might be the dumbest thing wet blanket Bedard has ever written. I’m sure the Celtics could have beaten the Bucks if Giannis was on the Celtics roster. I’m sure the Falcons could have won 51 if they swapped QBs.

Throughout sports history, teams that win have great players playing great at key moments. Not sure how that becomes a reason to criticize the victor.

Feejis
    Participant

Coach Craig was wandering around in the background of the McAvoy postgame interview like Galifinakis looking for the bathroom at Mike Tyson’s house.

I sent the video to ironhead so he could maybe make fun of Coach on the twitter.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

That’s the Menace’s go to move.

Lebron
    Participant

Vlad Jr. looks a little more like Cecil Fielder Jr.  A little on the husky side.

Participant

From ESPN –

The New York Jets have fired general manager Mike Maccagnan and have named head coach Adam Gase as their acting GM.

So Adam the GM, will be killing Adam the Coach?

chicowalker
    Participant

:blink:“They’re only doing this because a key player playing great happens to be a member of their team.” Well, I guess it’s a good thing Rask is a Bruin, then.

Seriously, this might be the dumbest thing wet blanket Bedard has ever written. I’m sure the Celtics could have beaten the Bucks if Giannis was on the Celtics roster. I’m sure the Falcons could have won 51 if they swapped QBs.

Throughout sports history, teams that win have great players playing great at key moments. Not sure how that becomes a reason to criticize the victor.

This speaks to a huge pet peeve of mine- Brady bailed out the Patriots again! Brady is a Patriot, correct? The most important Patriot on the team now, last year, next year,  and of all time? so- he bailed himself out?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

From ESPN –

The New York Jets have fired general manager Mike Maccagnan and have named head coach Adam Gase as their acting GM.

So Adam the GM, will be killing Adam the Coach?

Hey Adam, congratulations on your new role.  Here’s the salary cap rules.

Suzy
    Participant

:blink:<noscript>:blink:<noscript>:blink:</noscript>“They’re only doing this because a key player playing great happens to be a member of their team.” Well, I guess it’s a good thing Rask is a Bruin, then.

This speaks to a huge pet peeve of mine- Brady bailed out the Patriots again! Brady is a Patriot, correct? The most important Patriot on the team now, last year, next year, and of all time? so- he bailed himself out?

So aggressively stupid. Does ANYONE besides our crew tell Bedard what a raging idiot he is, ever? He needs to get his fat ass kicked. Loathe him and all of them who think it’s clever to shit on the teams and their successes. Mind fucking boggling.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It was a while ago but I don’t recall anybody in the media saying that Vancouver would be ‘doing this’ with Thomas back in 2011?

Feejis
    Participant

It was a while ago but I don’t recall anybody in the media saying that Vancouver would be ‘doing this’ with Thomas back in 2011?

I don’t remember anyone saying the Sox were bailed out by Nate Eovaldi last year and didn’t really deserve credit for winning.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So aggressively stupid. Does ANYONE besides our crew tell Bedard what a raging idiot he is, ever? He needs to get his fat ass kicked. Loathe him and all of them who think it’s clever to shit on the teams and their successes. Mind fucking boggling.

He actually claims he’s trying to get customers. And this is the kind of shit he says on a daily basis. Chew on that.

jforb
    Participant

He actually claims he’s trying to get customers. And this is the kind of shit he says on a daily basis. Chew on that.

Emphasis on trying.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Adam Gase is now in complete control of the NYJ :blink: :blink: :blink: Click on over to his wikipedia page, read it, and then ask yourself if that’s a good idea (from the Jets prospective). :lol: I know that young guys are the hot new thing around the NFL but this guys only real claim to fame is being the guy standing dumbfounded next to John Fox as the SeaHawks obliterated the Broncos in SB XLVIII.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Jets just got jealous of the Giants getting all the headlines for their incompetence in the draft, I guess. :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar