Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/13 – 5/19/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 190 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 191 total)
  • Author

Lefty

This is a prototypical Jets move.

The only thing better will be when Adam hires his good friend Peyton to be the GM

1 user thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’m fascinated by guys like Gase and Hue Jackson who’s best and possibly only skill seems to be accumulating power within an organization and not, like, coaching.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

So all you ever hear from the the most basic of media types is in order to win the Stanley Cup you need a hot goalie.  So the Bruins have the hot goalie yet I shouldn’t go chilling that champagne and even if they do win they really shouldn’t accept it because they only won because of the hot goalie and that doesn’t really count.  But next year if a team other than the Bruins wins see it’s all about having the hot goalie.

9 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m fascinated by guys like Gase and Hue Jackson who’s best and possibly only skill seems to be accumulating power within an organization and not, like, coaching.

It’s all the quarterback bullshit.  Peyton loved Gase as his QB coach, somehow Hue Jackson got a reputation for being a great QB coach or offensive mind.  Jackson is the best play caller in the history of the NFL, just ask him.  Kingsbury now with the Cardinals, gets fired in college and hired in the NFL.  Zac Taylor got demoted, now he’s the Bengals head coach.  Never underestimate the staggering stupidity of the team executives in the NFL and their ability to repeat the same mistakes over and over and over.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

So all you ever hear from the the most basic of media types is in order to win the Stanley Cup you need a hot goalie. So the Bruins have the hot goalie yet I shouldn’t go chilling that champagne and even if they do win they really shouldn’t accept it because they only won because of the hot goalie and that doesn’t really count. But next year if a team other than the Bruins wins see it’s all about having the hot goalie.

It’s a little known fact that the Bruins are first team to ever have a hot goalie in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Rap Sheet and others on NFL Network saying over and over again that the new GM will walk into a good situation because Sam Darnold is a franchise quarterback. Already.

Wasn’t Sanchez a franchise quarterback after Year 1? (And at least he “got the Jets into” the 2009 and 2010 AFCCGs — both of which they lost.). Whatever happened to Sanchize anyway? :lol:  He was on the skids long before the Butt Fumble.

The Jets’ OL is supposed to be a huge weakness; what happens if Darnold has a Jim-Plunkett-like sophomore season and is so emotionally damaged from repeated sackings that he falls to pieces?

It may be worth a trip to the The Gang Green to see how the mouth breathers are reacting. IIRC, most of them hated Maccagnan, as they hated Idzik …

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I imagine the great success they had bringing back Patrick Chung has changed their mind set a bit but I can’t imagine Colins being back here for anything but the Vet Minimum with an Uber on call 24/7 to get him out of Foxboro if he fucks up.

Coma
    Participant

Coach Craig was wandering around in the background of the McAvoy postgame interview like Galifinakis looking for the bathroom at Mike Tyson’s house.

I sent the video to ironhead so he could maybe make fun of Coach on the twitter.

Bedard was looking for someone who will let him crash in their hotel room or, at least, sleep in their car.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I imagine the great success they had bringing back Patrick Chung has changed their mind set a bit but I can’t imagine Colins being back here for anything but the Vet Minimum with an Uber on call 24/7 to get him out of Foxboro if he fucks up.

Low risk for sure.  Worth a shot as injury insurance.

Lebron
    Participant

Bill said that when he brought Chung back they were going to use him differently then they did the first time.  Said it was his fault for not setting Chung up to succeed by asking him to do things that weren’t his strong suit.  Now he does the things he’s good at and helps the team.  Mindroasting.

Coma
    Participant

This is a prototypical Jets move.

The only thing better will be when Adam hires his good friend Peyton to be the GM

It really doesn’t make any sense when you consider that Maccagnan just finished putting together the team via free agency and the draft. If you wanted him gone, you get rid of him before making all those moves, not after. Now Gase has the built in excuse that this isn’t really “his” team and will need time to reshape the Jets roster the way he wants (which will suck, anyway.)

An interesting tangent to this is that someone noted on twitter that, during the draft, you didn’t Gase during any of the press conferences. It was all Maccagnan. I don’t think Maccagnan is that good an actor that he knew he was done, but was behaving like he still had input on the draft and would be the GM through next year.

Lebron
    Participant

Greg A. Bedard

@GregABedard

For the record, I never bought any of that freelancing crap about Jamie Collins the first time around. He was just too inconsistent to hand a contract extension, so they dealt him early like many others.

Since Coach’s opinion is sought out by so many, he felt he needed to get ahead and get this out ‘for the record.’  I’m sure all the wire services picked it up.

Feejis
    Participant

Greg A. Bedard

@GregABedard

For the record, I never bought any of that freelancing crap about Jamie Collins the first time around. He was just too inconsistent to hand a contract extension, so they dealt him early like many others.

Since Coach’s opinion is sought out by so many, he felt he needed to get ahead and get this out ‘for the record.’ I’m sure all the wire services picked it up.

So he was inconsistent in executing his assignments? Like he was doing the wrong thing too often? Isn’t that what freelancing is?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

@AlexReimer1

Robert Kraft is not a victim; he is a very rich man who’s seemingly skirted his misdemeanor on a technicality.

That’s “Con Law expert Alex Reimer” to you, pal.

Coma
    Participant

@AlexReimer1

Robert Kraft is not a victim; he is a very rich man who’s seemingly skirted his misdemeanor on a technicality.

I haven’t looked into it, but I imagine some of the other, what was it? 26 men who were charged along with Kraft also benefited from that technicality. I guess they all aren’t as rich as Kraft, so it doesn’t matter.

Coma
    Participant

Greg A. Bedard

@GregABedard

Since Coach’s opinion is sought out by so many, he felt he needed to get ahead and get this out ‘for the record.’ I’m sure all the wire services picked it up.

So he was inconsistent in executing his assignments? Like he was doing the wrong thing too often? Isn’t that what freelancing is?

What’s the alternative? That Collins just didn’t understand his responsibilities on plays? That’s actually less encouraging than freelancing.

Why aren’t the Jets reaching out to Bedard for their GM position? He’s pretty much an expert on all aspects of an NFL franchise. Why waste time with some TV guy when they can have the best qualified candidate for any job opening: A journalist.

Lefty

@AlexReimer1

Reimer is just cocky because they don’t charge anyone from crawling around in the tall grass in the Fens anymore.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

So Florio is pushing the theory that Maccagnan was fired for grossly overpaying Le’Veon Bell and “tying Gase’s hands so that Bell has to be the Jets’ featured running back in 2019.” He says that Mac fell for Bell’s agents’ using phantom interest from other teams so that the Jets were bidding against themselves for Bell’s services. This whole storyline means that Bell and Gase will probably be feuding in one way or another whenever Bell does show up in Florham Park.  (He skipped the OTAs.)

Looks like that selfless Steeler mindset cultivated during the Tomlin era is crippling another Pats’ foe.  That’s a shame.

:lol:

Feejis
    Participant

Reiss says Collins is in.

Lebron
    Participant

On Reimer it’s not a technicality like some clerical or filing error.  The evidence was thrown out because of how it was obtained

Big Fat O
    Participant

I’m sure Reimer would be perfectly fine if the cops survailed the bath house he goes to in Florida and busted a bunch of guys dealing drugs.

Him being on the air just shows EEI doesn’t care about the product they put on the air.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Reiss says Collins is in.

Was actually a decent player last year. His numbers were very similar to 2014 Jamie Collins (his 2nd best year in NE).

Feejis
    Participant

Folks already outraged at Reiss for listing Collins behind Roberts on the depth chart. He’s way more athletic Mike!

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar