Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/13 – 5/19/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 190 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 176 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

As a kid in the Bay State League having your name included in one of Frank’s previews or game stories was a big deal.

Which school?

The capital of the old board of course.

Would that be the alma mater of the since departed LJS, namely Walpole? Always a big rivalry w/Norwood, especially in hockey.

Lenny Megs would have been the Wall-equivalent in Framingham; still writes some columns in semi retirement.

Feejis
    Participant

As a kid in the Bay State League having your name included in one of Frank’s previews or game stories was a big deal.

Which school?

The capital of the old board of course.

Would that be the alma mater of the since departed LJS, namely Walpole? Always a big rivalry w/Norwood, especially in hockey.

Lenny Megs would have been the Wall-equivalent in Framingham; still writes some columns in semi retirement.

Dedham, sir. How dare you.

NASCL
    Participant

Back in the day, the Arlington bear would be getting a decent amount of board traction today.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Back in the day, the Arlington bear would be getting a decent amount of board traction today.

“Metco bear” jokes and John Dennis would have been legion.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Does the first ‘thought’ here make any sense?

I thought Patrice Bergeron was just outstanding in this game. Took it up another level with Zdeno Chara out.

How many people hate Kyrie even more today?

Also, he’s worried about having too much rest.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Wasn’t the Charlestown  99 the Capital of the old board at one point?

Claude45
    Participant

What was Lenny Megs verbal tick on the radio? Was it “right” or “ok”?

Coma
    Participant

Bruins poised to win the Cup. Kraft hearing today canceled.

Condolences to John Henry.

Until recently, there was a theme in the commentary on this situation of “It doesn’t matter how much money he throws at lawyers, Kraft’s going to have to appear in court. There’s no way around it.” Now, when that appears extremely unlikely, the narrative has changed to “Kraft’s just getting away with it because he’s rich.”

Lefty

Does the first ‘thought’ here make any sense?

I thought Patrice Bergeron was just outstanding in this game. Took it up another level with Zdeno Chara out.

How many people hate Kyrie even more today?

Also, he’s worried about having too much rest.

NO, the first thought makes no sense.   I did think Charlie McAvoy elevated his game with Chara out, which (I hope) is a far more logical statement.    McAvoy was everywhere last night and did a great job of tackling and giving a guy a gator roll away from Rask in the early third.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

:blink:

What company would trust him working from home? As someone who works from home in my house its a tight ship always clean and the kid is in school before 7:30. If the connection is down Im pretty much letting everyone know contact me via cellphone. You can get me for going to Chipotle 10 minutes longer than I should or going to the gym other than that work has to get done.

Also currently we have a member of our staff that has can work from home a couple days a week, we gave them something new to their workload. They pushed back and said “Its tough to prioritize the new task…. (then some political backtalk)” our boss replies, “Ok you will have to work in the office until you can prioritize this item in your workload.”

The staff member figured it out quick.

I know Joe is trying to be funny, but taking out the trash, washing dishes, or getting your child ready for school are all things that would need to get done whether you go into the office or work from home. Making a video about the difficulties of working from home is definitely an “optional” type of activity, though.

Fuck him. Come December or so I’m going to have to get one kid to daycare, the other to preschool (in two different cities) and then get to my office.  The luxury of sleeping until 5:30, I’m afraid, is going away :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Legal folks- does having a deep pocketed defendant like Kraft benefit any of the other guys arrested?  Is there any kind of downstream “if the process was incorrect in his arrest, it may have been in theirs as well” without it being challenged by them and their attorneys specifically?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The talking heads have seized on the thought that the Bruins’ sweep of the Canes is a bad thing, that they’ll go into the Final fat, lazy, unprepared, lackadaisical, blahblahblah, against a battle-hardened Sharks or Blues team.

Based on what happened to the Blue Jackets and the Islanders and Hurricanes, maybe so. Based on what happened to the Rockies in 2007 when they had to wait for the Red Sox to come from 3-1 down to beat the Indians, maybe so. But who beat the CBJ and the Canes after their sweeps? :lol:

And what about the theory that the Patriots absolutely need a bye week to go anywhere in the NFL playoffs?

Jesus, I know that North America is sick of Boston and New England dominating pro sports the last year, but why was it OK for New York to have a team in the World Series — often two teams in the World Series before the Dodgers and Giants fled — from 1947 through the mid-1960s?

I hope the Bruins smash whoever comes out of the West and serves a “poop sandwich” to all of them.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Legal folks- does having a deep pocketed defendant like Kraft benefit any of the other guys arrested? Is there any kind of downstream “if the process was incorrect in his arrest, it may have been in theirs as well” without it being challenged by them and their attorneys specifically?

If I had to make a guess. kraft’s legal team was in touch with any similarly situated defendants and basically told them to sit still and shut up and Kraft’s legal team would plow the road for them.

They all all benefit from every Kraft win.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Blues win so at least 6 games.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Too nice a day to post today! Also, nothing is going on.

This wait til the NHL finals is going to be brutal.

Humphrey
    Participant

Nba finals start on the 30th. Warriors will have ten days off. Unless Toronto shows something tomorrow, Bucks will be off nearly as long

Viewing 16 posts - 176 through 191 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar