Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/15/2018 Daily Thread Game 2, Lottery Night

Tagged: 

This topic contains 91 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

What Cavs team shows up tonight?

NASCL
    Participant

Saw a fight between two canteen truck drivers.  Roughly 45 total punches thrown, zero landed.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Sounds like what usually happens when a hit batter charges the mound.   :lol:

(It’s always about baseball, Danny.)   :rollseyes:

Feejis
    Participant

Facebook reminds me today that I’ve been Sam Adams free for 3 years due to that cunt Koch’s Brady hottake.

I don’t miss it.

chicowalker
    Participant

I see Sam Adams in the cooler and I reflexively wonder “who’s buying that?” like it was bud light, especially at the store I frequent, which is mostly craft beer/wine

Sam Adams:Late 20s= Rolling Rock: 17-20

InThisTown
    Participant

I see Sam Adams in the cooler and I reflexively wonder “who’s buying that?” like it was bud light, especially at the store I frequent, which is mostly craft beer/wine Sam Adams:Late 20s= Rolling Rock: 17-20

I saw a guy with a variety pack at the packie on Saturday and I wanted to give him a Costanza/baldness pep talk about living, dammit.

Lebron
    Participant

Oh good, now everyone has a hottake not only on sports but gambling on sports.

InThisTown
    Participant

Toucher and Rich interviewing their wack pack about gambling is something to behold. “Ok ok so like do you guys bet like games that you don’t even care about? OMG you do!? Like over/unders for MAC football games? LOL hilarious! You’re *such* characters.

If the Celtics win tonight, what’s the kneejerk cautionary tale the media involuntarily goes to as part of their fucked-up, must-always-be-negative defense mechanism?

Don’t count your chickens,  Celtics fans! Remember this other time decades ago when a Boston team was up two games and something bad happened!

chicowalker
    Participant

I see Sam Adams in the cooler and I reflexively wonder “who’s buying that?” like it was bud light, especially at the store I frequent, which is mostly craft beer/wine Sam Adams:Late 20s= Rolling Rock: 17-20

I saw a guy with a variety pack at the packie on Saturday and I wanted to give him a Costanza/baldness pep talk about living, dammit.

Taste is subjective, etc.  But when I see non- 19 year old girls drinking bud light..adults for whom “cheapest 30 pack” should no longer be the deciding factor- I die a little.  Drink a Peroni or a Modelo! I’ve heard the “I don’t drink it for the taste” argument- it is only like 4%! I think it was a confrontation like this that killed Marty

InThisTown
    Participant

If the Celtics win tonight, what’s the kneejerk cautionary tale the media involuntarily goes to as part of their fucked-up, must-always-be-negative defense mechanism?

Don’t count your chickens, Celtics fans! Remember this other time decades ago when a Boston team was up two games and something bad happened!

They’ll divide up along “let’s see what happens when CLE plays at home” and the irrational exuberance of “it’s over, the Cavs are done” as they always do. Felger will go with the latter.

Feejis
    Participant

Taste is subjective, etc. But when I see non- 19 year old girls drinking bud light..adults for whom “cheapest 30 pack” should no longer be the deciding factor- I die a little. Drink a Peroni or a Modelo! I’ve heard the “I don’t drink it for the taste” argument- it is only like 4%! I think it was a confrontation like this that killed Marty

I have a bunch of bud lights and bud heavys in my fridge left behind from some event last summer at my house.

I won’t turn them down at a tailgate or some other closed environment but I’ll be damned if I’m going to choose to drink them when something else is available.

If the Celtics win tonight, what’s the kneejerk cautionary tale the media involuntarily goes to as part of their fucked-up, must-always-be-negative defense mechanism? Don’t count your chickens, Celtics fans! Remember this other time decades ago when a Boston team was up two games and something bad happened!

They’ll divide up along “let’s see what happens when CLE plays at home” and the irrational exuberance of “it’s over, the Cavs are done” as they always do. Felger will go with the latter.

Naively, I couldn’t believe how quickly the hot takes came when Philly finally won a game (“Now they’ve figured the Celtics out”; “If Philly wins game five, they’re winning the series”). Happily, the “TJ McConnell as savior” theme died a quick death.

InThisTown
    Participant

The only time I have a Bud Light is at Gillette because it’s generally the quickest thing to grab. Someone left saisons in my fridge recently and man…make mine Bud Light.

I drink PBRs and Coors original up at the lake just because I can’t hammer IPA all day without dying. Speaking of the latter, bros are going to be talking about “crushing Banquets” this summer because of Cobra Kai.

Lebron
    Participant

Toucher and Rich interviewing their wack pack about gambling is something to behold. “Ok ok so like do you guys bet like games that you don’t even care about? OMG you do!? Like over/unders for MAC football games? LOL hilarious! You’re *such* characters.

Radio host here thinks every caller who ah, knows a little somethin’ about gamblin’, is a bookie fearing for his livelihood.  And similarly oh you have a friend who’s watching the Virginia Tech-Miami game he’s gotta be a degenerate gamblah.  And in a Bill callback I’m going to go on a Corner State killing spree the next time I hear ‘revenue stream.’  We’re not even 24 hours into this.  Doomsday clock on sports is at 11:59:59.5

GusChiggins
    Participant

Facebook reminds me today that I’ve been Sam Adams free for 3 years due to that cunt Koch’s Brady hottake. I don’t miss it.

Stopped at a neighbor’s party on Saturday, they offered me a beer from a keg. Took a look at the keg and saw Boston Beer Co. on it. I passed.

GusChiggins
    Participant

The only time I have a Bud Light is at Gillette because it’s generally the quickest thing to grab. Someone left saisons in my fridge recently and man…make mine Bud Light. I drink PBRs and Coors original up at the lake just because I can’t hammer IPA all day without dying. Speaking of the latter, bros are going to be talking about “crushing Banquets” this summer because of Cobra Kai.

I like an ice cold PBR or Natty Bo on a hot day but Founders All Day is a really good option for that scenario too.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m fine with a bud heavy, especially outside in the summer.  Bud light= I’m just not drinking today, I guess.

Participant

Tom Wolfe will not be down for the release of Evan Drellich’s groundbreaking new Red Sox book.

InThisTown
    Participant

I think Night Shift is over proliferated shit, but these Night Lites aren’t bad.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Beer talk without Nopointe is like sandwich talk without basky.  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

Summer drinking tips*

These work great for hiding beers on the beach.

https://www.ebay.com/p/6-Pack-Hide-a-Beer-Can-Covers-Soda-Camo-Wrap-Sleeves-Disguise-Golf-Beach/1944556616?iid=231590739603

Also, the bottle keeper also works very well if you prefer bottle drinking.

* tips not relevant in non-puritanical states where beer is allowed in public

a.paul
    Participant

Looked at the pictures of Gronkowski and his girlfriend Lucy Burdge posted on EEI (why does she have any sort of job btw?) and is it just me or has he noticeably leaned out in the upper body?

Suzy
    Participant

Facebook reminds me today that I’ve been Sam Adams free for 3 years due to that cunt Koch’s Brady hottake. I don’t miss it.

Stopped at a neighbor’s party on Saturday, they offered me a beer from a keg. Took a look at the keg and saw Boston Beer Co. on it. I passed.

Never knew he had a cunty take on the Pats but I never liked his shitty beer anyhow. I’ll continue not to drink it.

NASCL
    Participant

Summer drinking tips* These work great for hiding beers on the beach. https://www.ebay.com/p/6-Pack-Hide-a-Beer-Can-Covers-Soda-Camo-Wrap-Sleeves-Disguise-Golf-Beach/1944556616?iid=231590739603 Also, the bottle keeper also works very well if you prefer bottle drinking. * tips not relevant in non-puritanical states where beer is allowed in public

Saw those around in the 80s – Koke, Poopsi, etc.

MDC cops on Nantasket were pretty to them, though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar