Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/15/2018 Daily Thread Game 2, Lottery Night

Tagged: 

This topic contains 91 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

Beer talk without Nopointe is like sandwich talk without basky. 🙁

I know. :ozzy:

I miss him.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Quint didn’t not put on a life jacket and die for you not to drink ‘Gansett during the summer.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

NASCL
    Participant

Peter King is down with Chance the Rapper?  That’s Bob Kraft’s move.

Feejis
    Participant

Summer drinking tips* These work great for hiding beers on the beach. https://www.ebay.com/p/6-Pack-Hide-a-Beer-Can-Covers-Soda-Camo-Wrap-Sleeves-Disguise-Golf-Beach/1944556616?iid=231590739603 Also, the bottle keeper also works very well if you prefer bottle drinking. * tips not relevant in non-puritanical states where beer is allowed in public

Saw those around in the 80s – Koke, Poopsi, etc. MDC cops on Nantasket were pretty to them, though.

These ones are real soda cans. Not sure how the guy does it but they’re smooth on the cut edge and slide right on.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Tom Wolfe will not be down for the release of Evan Drellich’s groundbreaking new Red Sox book.

I got beaten to the punch on this one I’d have gone with Tom Wolfe wont be down to wonder who in the name of God would bring a half-eaten eight-ounce jar of Hellmann’s mayonnaise to a public meeting?

Bonfire of the Vanities was a shitty movie but I remember really liking the book back in the day.

Suzy
    Participant

Tom Wolfe will not be down for the release of Evan Drellich’s groundbreaking new Red Sox book.

I got beaten to the punch on this one I’d have gone with Tom Wolfe wont be down to wonder who in the name of God would bring a half-eaten eight-ounce jar of Hellmann’s mayonnaise to a public meeting? Bonfire of the Vanities was a shitty movie but I remember really liking the book back in the day.

Yeah, couldn’t put that book down. He was such a great, witty writer. The movie was so bad there’s a book about the making of it called “Devil’s Candy” (I believe) which I also read. Pretty entertaining.

chicowalker
    Participant

I got beaten to the punch on this one I’d have gone with Tom Wolfe wont be down to wonder who in the name of God would bring a half-eaten eight-ounce jar of Hellmann’s mayonnaise to a public meeting? Bonfire of the Vanities was a shitty movie but I remember really liking the book back in the day.

I liked  A Man in Full except the scenes that took place during Freaknik- his black “voice” (especially re: hip hop) was douche cringey.  A CH above “I’m a hippin’ a hoppin’, I can’t be stoppin'” :ohmy:   :puke:

Coma
    Participant

Facebook reminds me today that I’ve been Sam Adams free for 3 years due to that cunt Koch’s Brady hottake. I don’t miss it.

Stopped at a neighbor’s party on Saturday, they offered me a beer from a keg. Took a look at the keg and saw Boston Beer Co. on it. I passed.

Never knew he had a cunty take on the Pats but I never liked his shitty beer anyhow. I’ll continue not to drink it.

I couldn’t find a link, but during the deflated ball farce, Koch said Brady should give it up and take the punishment.

Possibly unrelated, but in December of 2017, Sam Adams became the official beer of the Red Sox.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The Right Stuff is a helluva good read as well.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

TwoTimes
    Participant

Beer talk without Nopointe is like sandwich talk without basky. 🙁

I know. :ozzy: I miss him.

What happened to Marty?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I never got around the reading “The Right Stuff” but I vaguely remember when the movie was on HBO they had something like a 5 minute intermission in the middle of it.

Suzy
    Participant

Facebook reminds me today that I’ve been Sam Adams free for 3 years due to that cunt Koch’s Brady hottake. I don’t miss it.

Stopped at a neighbor’s party on Saturday, they offered me a beer from a keg. Took a look at the keg and saw Boston Beer Co. on it. I passed.

Never knew he had a cunty take on the Pats but I never liked his shitty beer anyhow. I’ll continue not to drink it.

I couldn’t find a link, but during the deflated ball farce, Koch said Brady should give it up and take the punishment. Possibly unrelated, but in December of 2017, Sam Adams became the official beer of the Red Sox.

Double post!  :ohmy:

Suzy
    Participant

I couldn’t find a link, but during the deflated ball farce, Koch said Brady should give it up and take the punishment. Possibly unrelated, but in December of 2017, Sam Adams became the official beer of the Red Sox.

Ahhhh that DOES ring a bell, Coma!!

Take your medicine! :pk:

How big of a douche do you have to be to chime in with something like that, seriously?

Participant

Ahhhh that DOES ring a bell, Coma!! Take your medicine! :pk: How big of a douche do you have to be to chime in with something like that, seriously?

Wasn’t it to Steve Burton during one of the exhibition games?

This guy is gonna miss Peter King more than Dale maybe.

This column and the one about Adam Vinatieri are examples of why Peter King is the best writer in the business. Mr. King, thank you for years and years of superb writing.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Looked at the pictures of Gronkowski and his girlfriend Lucy Burdge posted on EEI (why does she have any sort of job btw?) and is it just me or has he noticeably leaned out in the upper body?

It’s the TB12 Method. MYKE!

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Suzy
    Participant

This guy is gonna miss Peter King more than Dale maybe. Thor M. Stensland‏ @thorwriter May 14 Replying to @theMMQB @SI_PeterKing This column and the one about Adam Vinatieri are examples of why Peter King is the best writer in the business. Mr. King, thank you for years and years of superb writing.

Get a fucking life, Thor. :lol:

Participant

Another guy who really knows his stuff over there….

May 13

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Looked at the pictures of Gronkowski and his girlfriend Lucy Burdge posted on EEI (why does she have any sort of job btw?) and is it just me or has he noticeably leaned out in the upper body?

B8B: Gronk’s girlfriend isnt named Lucy, it’s Camille something, and why would any one look at him when they can look at her instead? :lol:   :lol:   :wub:   :wub:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

14 May 2015 – 07:44 PM

Feejis:

I swear to Christ I heard Jim Koch say to Mike Adams that even if Brady was 100% innocent he should have accepted responsibility, taken his punishment and been a leader. I’m done with Sam Adams. And I’m done with talking about all of this. Its no use. I’ll read about it and see how it turns out.

Lebron
    Participant

This guy is gonna miss Peter King more than Dale maybe. Thor M. Stensland‏ @thorwriter May 14 Replying to @theMMQB @SI_PeterKing This column and the one about Adam Vinatieri are examples of why Peter King is the best writer in the business. Mr. King, thank you for years and years of superb writing.

Get a fucking life, Thor. :lol:

Thorwriter apparently Thor knows superb writing when he sees it.

Larry Legend
    Participant

I think Gordo Cooper took his Mercury flight 55 years ago yesterday.

Black fly in Tom Wolfe’s chardonnay.

NASCL
    Participant

Peter King is probably the only guy in America feigning interest in the Royal Wedding.

RedSeat
    Participant

14 May 2015 – 07:44 PM Feejis:

I swear to Christ I heard Jim Koch say to Mike Adams that even if Brady was 100% innocent he should have accepted responsibility, taken his punishment and been a leader. I’m done with Sam Adams. And I’m done with talking about all of this. Its no use. I’ll read about it and see how it turns out.

I’d be careful using him as a source. That’s the same dog who said Mayo was getting traded.

Participant

Researchers using digital technology deciphered the writing on two pages of Anne Frank’s diary that she had covered over with brown masking paper, discovering four naughty jokes and a candid explanation of sex, contraception and prostitution.

:pk: “Why does she have to work blue?” :pk:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article211156849.html

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  02062.

Lebron
    Participant

So the Steelers minority owner appears to be the guy selected to purchase the Panthers.  Enjoyed this with regard to one of the potential bidders.

Sources told ESPN that Rubin and Tsai bowed out when they were told that they shouldn’t participate if they weren’t prepared to pay “substantially more than $2.5 billion” — $300 million more than the ultimate sale price.

Granted it’s ESPN but that’s certainly one way to get the bidders narrowed down, lie to them about the sale price.  The other guy in on the bidding ultimately lost out because the Steelers guy was already vetted and would get approved faster.  Which is the basis of most shitty hirings in corporate America – eh, just hire the internal candidate, he/she knows how we do things around here.  Plus that vetting shit sounds like work and money, they can’t even afford goal line cameras.  Oh, and he’s a Steelers guy, halfway to sainthood.  What a shitty product.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar