Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/16/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 49 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Danny Duberstein 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

C’s up 2-0.  The four day wait for game 3 begins.

Funny random stat I saw regarding the Buffalo Bills utter futility. Not only are they 4-30 against the Belichick pats, the four wins are in years the Pats go on to at least appear in the Super Bowl: 2003, 2011, 2014, 2016. They can’t even claim spoiler status.  And two of those games Brady didn’t play: 2014 week 17 and 2016 the Brissette game.

NASCL
    Participant

2:05 PM Lock:

“Until the home team loses a game, the series is going exactly as it’s supposed to be.”

NASCL
    Participant

C’s up 2-0. The four day wait for game 3 begins. Funny random stat I saw regarding the Buffalo Bills utter futility. Not only are they 4-30 against the Belichick pats, the four wins are in years the Pats go on to at least appear in the Super Bowl: 2003, 2011, 2014, 2016. They can’t even claim spoiler status. And two of those games Brady didn’t play: 2014 week 17 and 2016 the Brissette game.

The infamous “crowned field” game.  I’m shocked Brady was able to overcome that and carve out a decent career.

Participant

Bravo to the tiny weather lady this morning

NASCL
    Participant

Bravo to the tiny weather lady this morning

Can confirm.

Happy 10-year anniversary of Rollo Tomase looking forward to regaining our trust. That’s worked out well, dontcha think?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I was off by one point on Lebron.  :dry:

Only prediction for Saturday is that the officiating will be frustrating.

Edit: does WordPress not do the Twitter post now? Here’s the relevant part of the tweet:

After one brutal loss during the regular season, a Cavs player told me, “Danny Ainge is a fucking thief.”

chicowalker
    Participant

They’re cooked.  If GS rolls Houston again they have to look at that and say “we have to dig down and give every last bit we have against the Celtics only to get our doors blown off again by GS?”   Combined with the worst possible outcome with the lottery and LeBron has one foot out the door.  He had a top 10ish for him playoff game of all time AND Love did his part and they still lost by double digits?  Who has a next level to reach on that team?

Speaking of the lottery, it didn’t even bug me that the Celtics didn’t get 2 or 3 (long shots that they were) when I saw Cleveland and Philly get worst case scenarios :smile:   Enjoy Michael Porter Jr’s back problems!

Participant

Mailbag Wedensday!

Well Peter, no one is better at figuring things out on the fly than Park Avenue.

“The Big Gamble:  NFL Needs To Be Careful of Betting’s ‘Unintended Consequences’

“Gambling will be far more prevalent now than it was in the eighties, when Rose illegally bet on baseball with bookies.”

Welly Mara was a bookie and old man Rooney lived at the track, they were lovable rascals.  No one gambled in the 80’s, no one did any cocaine either.  :lol:

TwoTimes
    Participant

Tiny Windhorst must be beside himself.

chicowalker
    Participant

something like this?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Stevens can’t be a killer, only a loud mouth coach like Dan Campbell can be. Oklahoma drill!

InThisTown
    Participant

Tiny Weather Lady is such an underrated board nickname.  :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

Did Mark Jackson eat Marc Jackson?

Good lord.

chicowalker
    Participant

Did Mark Jackson eat Marc Jackson? Good lord.

:lol: My wife last night- “he’s a coach, right?”  “He was a coach..also played for the Knicks” “He played basketball? In the NBA?”

which one is tiny weather lady.  I’ve become infatuated with the new crazy eyed traffic lady on channel 10

Hacksaw
    Participant

something like this?

Think Hulk Hogan could bodyslam one of those guys?

BSF34
    Participant

Did Mark Jackson eat Marc Jackson? Good lord.

😆 My wife last night- “he’s a coach, right?” “He was a coach..also played for the Knicks” “He played basketball? In the NBA?” which one is tiny weather lady. I’ve become infatuated with the new crazy eyed traffic lady on channel 10

Image result for shiri spear

Wait, what?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Tight little package…affirmative.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

There is a lot to hate about Merloni but his insistence on over-using the word ass is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Today it was, “then you trade his ass”. Other versions included but not limited to: sit his ass; bench his ass; fire his ass, etc. He sounds like such a fake tough-guy weirdo.

Suzy
    Participant

There is a lot to hate about Merloni but his insistence on over-using the word ass is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Today it was, “then you trade his ass”. Other versions included but not limited to: sit his ass; bench his ass; fire his ass, etc. He sounds like such a fake tough-guy weirdo.

Oooooh so manly and tough. Go suck Nomar’s dinky some more.

Hacksaw
    Participant

He used to do that with the word “damn”.

Participant

13 hours ago

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Oooooh so manly and tough. Go suck Nomar’s dinky some more.

Can’t remember the details, but a couple weeks back the three of them were bagging on some athlete because of the so-so-reputation of his wife and what she did for a profession.

Um….    Wasn’t Lou’s wife a stripper?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar