Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/17/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 63 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  02062 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

As a board-certified Old Bastard®, I have great memories of Andy Johnson and that whole Fairbanks-era team. He always drew comparisons with Dan Reeves of Dallas, because he was a Southerner, a former college quarterback, and a running and passing threat. (And **coughcough** white.)  The 1974 team, which started hot but finished 7-7, also featured Mini-Mack Herron, a miniature running back who had come to the Pats from the CFL, which I followed during my days living north of the border. (He was one of two ex-CFL celebrities to become well-known in Boston in the 1970s: Joe Restic was the other.)

Alas, Mack was suspended for drug use  :pk:  and his career in New England was ruined — but it was glorious while it lasted.

Fun find by Price:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Lou Holtz Jets of 1976!  God, was Gifford a mediocre PBP guy.

chicowalker
    Participant

Mediocre? you be the judge

Gifford starts the seduction by suggesting they tune into an adult movie and then asks for what the Globe describes as an “unnatural sexual act.

” She declines. Then they engage in oral sex. “I wanted to do this since I met you,” a gasping Gifford tells Johnson, according to the transcript. After they finish, Gifford tells his 46-year-old lover, “You’re so perky!

“That little monkey gets loose, doesn’t he?”

“He’s so perky!”

“Turn out the lights, the party’s over…”

chicowalker
    Participant

Pat O’Brien, on the other hand, knows how to paint a picture

Let’s hire a hooker. Let’s get crazy, get some coke.

Pat and Frank should have done some sort of sexed up old-man Cyrano routine, where Pat could have added some spice to Frank’s milquetoast sex talk, cracking it furiously behind a curtain.  Perhaps Frank could have consummated that unnatural act

Lebron
    Participant

I was never a huge Stern fan but I loved when they would play and mock Kathy Lee’s song about Frank’s dalliances Only My Pillow Knows

jforb
    Participant

Blind squirrel finds 3 nuts

* Why does the Red Sox, a franchise with a long and distinguished history, stick its fans with a color analyst like Gomes? How can this organization not do any better? He was here for 1.5 seasons. What, was Phil Plantier busy? How can it be this difficult to find a former player who can talk intelligently about the game with saying things like, ‘Benny in Cenny…’?

* Tom Werner probably thinks Gomes is great because he’s a character and gets people talking. A Red Sox broadcast is not Bosom Buddies.

Participant
     2 hours ago

“Pat O’Brien and Frank Gifford in ‘Cyrano de Bergerac’. With Lola Heatherton as ‘Roxane’. This week on SCTV….”

Hacksaw
    Participant

Pat O’Brien, on the other hand, knows how to paint a picture

Let’s hire a hooker. Let’s get crazy, get some coke.

Pat and Frank should have done some sort of sexed up old-man Cyrano routine, where Pat could have added some spice to Frank’s milquetoast sex talk, cracking it furiously behind a curtain. Perhaps Frank could have consummated that unnatural act

I don’t think Pat O’Brien did anything wrong. He was asking for consent. And he didn’t use foul language.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I was under the impression all sex acts involving a 67 year old were unnatural.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

2 hours ago

20 Bucks says Pete thinks Camp Spann is named after Warren.

Lebron
    Participant

Pat O’Brien, on the other hand, knows how to paint a picture Let’s hire a hooker. Let’s get crazy, get some coke. Pat and Frank should have done some sort of sexed up old-man Cyrano routine, where Pat could have added some spice to Frank’s milquetoast sex talk, cracking it furiously behind a curtain. Perhaps Frank could have consummated that unnatural act

You can’t get have spiced up play-by-play sex talk without Marv Albert.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Pat O’Brien, on the other hand, knows how to paint a picture Let’s hire a hooker. Let’s get crazy, get some coke. Pat and Frank should have done some sort of sexed up old-man Cyrano routine, where Pat could have added some spice to Frank’s milquetoast sex talk, cracking it furiously behind a curtain. Perhaps Frank could have consummated that unnatural act

YES!

Participant

YES!

And it counts!

InThisTown
    Participant

That NYT Yanny/Laurel tool may cause me to never sleep again. What in the fuck.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

BSF34
    Participant

Wait, what?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Oooh fah.

South of Worcester is seeing some heavy sweater

chicowalker
    Participant

live look at Sgt. McGuire upon learning that Peter King is looking to contact him

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Vegas is now just two wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals.

:blink:

I’m not sure what this says about the NHL, if anything. But if they get in and play Washington, their GM, George McPhee, will have been the chief architect of both teams. And it’s clear that Gerard Gallant knows a little something about coaching.

InThisTown
    Participant

Old Sturibreast Village

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

We have come so far from posting pictures of the Dark Pirate or who ever that wierdo was called. :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

Vegas is now just two wins away from the Stanley Cup Finals. :blink: I’m not sure what this says about the NHL, if anything. But if they get in and play Washington, their GM, George McPhee, will have been the chief architect of both teams. And it’s clear that Gerard Gallant knows a little something about coaching.

On first glance it looks bad, but I don’t think it’s that large of an indictment. They came in all alone, as opposed to other expansion drafts where the talent pool would have been shared.

Also, the league tweaked the protection rules now that we are in a salary cap era so all teams HAD to leave multiple good players unprotected.

They capitalized on it for sure. They targeted players in their prime (25-28) and then filled in with some other guys, Fleury being the principal.

Suzy
    Participant

We have come so far from posting pictures of the Dark Pirate or who ever that wierdo was called. 😆

That shit was so unfunny. I never got it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar