Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/17/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 63 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  02062 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

live look at Sgt. McGuire upon learning that Peter King is looking to contact him

:lol:

Rickkyboy
    Participant

As a board-certified Old Bastard®, I have great memories of Andy Johnson and that whole Fairbanks-era team. He always drew comparisons with Dan Reeves of Dallas, because he was a Southerner, a former college quarterback, and a running and passing threat. (And **coughcough** white.) The 1974 team, which started hot but finished 7-7, also featured Mini-Mack Herron, a miniature running back who had come to the Pats from the CFL, which I followed during my days living north of the border. (He was one of two ex-CFL celebrities to become well-known in Boston in the 1970s: Joe Restic was the other.) Alas, Mack was suspended for drug use :pk: and his career in New England was ruined — but it was glorious while it lasted.

Loved Mini Mack Herron as a kid. Back in the day, a little running back would just grab the shirt tail of the bigger lineman and the two would just plow ahead.

Lebron
    Participant

That NYT Yanny/Laurel tool may cause me to never sleep again. What in the fuck. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

Possibly the greatest tweet ever

Marlee Matlin

@MarleeMatlin

Yanni or Laurel? Don’t ask me. I can’t hear sh*t

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Old Sturibreast Village

Her nipple may actually be pointing to it :smile:

Rickkyboy
    Participant

We have come so far from posting pictures of the Dark Pirate or who ever that wierdo was called. 😆

True innovators. Years ahead of the trans thing we have now.  :blink:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I don’t remember  if it’s been hashed over here, but in the Wyc Grousebeck episode of the Simmons podcast, Wyc takes credit for how awesome the Pierce trade to the Nets turned out.

“2 draft picks? Go back to them and ask for more.”

”Gee, I don’t know Wyc…”

Claude45
    Participant

As a board-certified Old Bastard®, I have great memories of Andy Johnson and that whole Fairbanks-era team. He always drew comparisons with Dan Reeves of Dallas, because he was a Southerner, a former college quarterback, and a running and passing threat. (And **coughcough** white.) The 1974 team, which started hot but finished 7-7, also featured Mini-Mack Herron, a miniature running back who had come to the Pats from the CFL, which I followed during my days living north of the border. (He was one of two ex-CFL celebrities to become well-known in Boston in the 1970s: Joe Restic was the other.) Alas, Mack was suspended for drug use :pk: and his career in New England was ruined — but it was glorious while it lasted.

Loved Mini Mack Herron as a kid. Back in the day, a little running back would just grab the shirt tail of the bigger lineman and the two would just plow ahead. 😆

Me too. Loved some Mini Mack. Didn’t touch a drop of alcohol. Heroin, however….

chicowalker
    Participant

I don’t remember if it’s been hashed over here, but in the Wyc Grousebeck episode of the Simmons podcast, Wyc takes credit for how awesome the Pierce trade to the Nets turned out. “2 draft picks? Go back to them and ask for more.” ”Gee, I don’t know Wyc…”

as long as he pays the luxury tax in a couple of years I’m fine with him, but he does seem a bit like a douche.  That thing where the camera catches him and his wife kissing whenever the celtics make a 4th quarter push has to be a directive from him, seems way too staged

Claude45
    Participant

So King is look for Sgt McGuire for one of two reasons. An update on how many people he’s killed. Or more likely, King’s concerned that McGuire is aware that he’s reluctantly leaving SI.

” I guess you might be busy with detecting explosive devices but put aside the metal detector and sit down. I’ve got some big news that will have a great impact on your life and America that you protect…”

Big Fat O
    Participant

Blind squirrel finds 3 nuts

* Why does the Red Sox, a franchise with a long and distinguished history, stick its fans with a color analyst like Gomes? How can this organization not do any better? He was here for 1.5 seasons. What, was Phil Plantier busy? How can it be this difficult to find a former player who can talk intelligently about the game with saying things like, ‘Benny in Cenny…’? * Tom Werner probably thinks Gomes is great because he’s a character and gets people talking. A Red Sox broadcast is not Bosom Buddies.

Their worried about Gomes? What about Zolak, Wallach, Grande and never mind the pregame shows “talent”? Gomes is the least of our problems.

Lebron
    Participant

Gomes gets a lifetime pass for that bomb in St. Louis.  Shut that fucking most knowledgeable fans in baseball crowd up right fucking quick.

Participant

Gomes gets a lifetime pass for that bomb in St. Louis. Shut that fucking most knowledgeable fans in baseball crowd up right fucking quick.

BUT ZO WAS HERE HIS WHOLE CAREER!!!!! AND HE DRINKS COORS LIGHT AND SAYS WACKY STUFF AND WEARS SHADES ALL THE TIME!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Gomes is supposed to be working as the batting coach for the Diamondbacks’ Rookie-league team in the Arizona League when their season ramps up next month.  (In fact, I’m a little surprised he isn’t in their extended spring training camp or whatever getting ready for the season.)

So we won’t have him to kick around much longer.  At least he’s not Lyons.

Ironhead
    Participant

Gomes gets a lifetime pass for that bomb in St. Louis. Shut that fucking most knowledgeable fans in baseball crowd up right fucking quick.

Absolutely.   Dude was fucking nails in ’13.  Hasn’t defrauded a state of tens of millions of dollars either, so I don’t care.  O’Brien makes me mute the broadcast anyway.

NASCL
    Participant

Cavs only hope is to add Gomes to the active roster.

RedSeat
    Participant

We have come so far from posting pictures of the Dark Pirate or who ever that wierdo was called. 😆

True innovators. Years ahead of the trans thing we have now. :blink:

Good point, Brian.

Lebron
    Participant

Cavs only hope is to add Gomes to the active roster.

#8B8 Pretty sure Ryan Gomes is a coach in the G-League and his playing days are over.  Good idea though  :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Love Bartolo Colon, got hit with a line drive yesterday

“The important thing is we won the game and I was able to get the out,” Colon said through an interpreter. “He got me on the side. It was not in the middle. And I have a big belly, so I can [handle] it.”

Plus it must drive Gerry types nuts that this guy still doesn’t speak a lick.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

So King is look for Sgt McGuire for one of two reasons. An update on how many people he’s killed. Or more likely, King’s concerned that McGuire is aware that he’s reluctantly leaving SI.

” I guess you might be busy with detecting explosive devices but put aside the metal detector and sit down. I’ve got some big news that will have a great impact on your life and America that you protect…”

Seriously. If Sgt. McGuire really wanted to keep up a relationship with PK, wouldn’t he make sure Fatty has his contact info? McGuire probably set it up to send Fatty’s email to spam.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Coma
    Participant
    2 hours ago

This was the guy whose troop locations PK publicized, right? Maybe King is trying to justify his actions by being able to say “Hey, nothing happened to Mike McGuire, so it was no big deal.”

Suzy
    Participant
    2h2 hours ago

This was the guy whose troop locations PK publicized, right? Maybe King is trying to justify his actions by being able to say “Hey, nothing happened to Mike McGuire, so it was no big deal.”

Oh my god I’d forgotten about that!! WTF  :ohmy:

Suzy
    Participant

Love Bartolo Colon, got hit with a line drive yesterday

“The important thing is we won the game and I was able to get the out,” Colon said through an interpreter. “He got me on the side. It was not in the middle. And I have a big belly, so I can [handle] it.”

Plus it must drive Gerry types nuts that this guy still doesn’t speak a lick.

Yeah, especially since Gerry went out of his way to learn Spanish years ago in an effort to facilitate communication with Hispanic players.

I love Colon, too! The guy’s still rocking at the major league level; amazing. His first career HR a few years ago was one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen. :lol: His teammates’ reactions alone are priceless–they cannot stop LTAO (& are clearly thrilled for him).

NASCL
    Participant

Walpole Police looking for this guy.  Isabella Stewart Gardner cartoon guys will be caught first.

Participant

Francesa, with great fanfare, announced he was going to start tweeting himself, which Wall Street Journal columnist Jason Gay perfectly summarized in a tweet: “Francesa is treating the launch of a Twitter account in 2018 like it’s a Mission to Mars.”

jforb
    Participant

Model tweet for him

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar