Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/20-5/26/2019 Discussion Thread The Waiting

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

is the hardest part.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

All that’s missing is an Andelmanesque, “Fill the end zones with chocolate pudding…”

FMIA: Smart NFL People Share 25 Ways To Make Pro Football Better

Lefty

All that’s missing is an Andelmanesque, “Fill the end zones with chocolate pudding…”

FMIA: Smart NFL People Share 25 Ways To Make Pro Football Better

Say, here’s one – leave it the fuck alone and stop dicking with it every time some primadonna gets his/her panties in a bunch.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It does fell weird to be waiting this long for game 1. I don’t remember this happening the last time but I suppose its is somewhat of a common occurrence in the NHL.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Good. I was hoping you guys were on this and will hate-read this for me so that I don’t have to.

Coma
    Participant

This has the potential for a great parody:

• You can write this column on July 1. When I take a break in the summer, I get guest columnists to write each Monday. This year, I’m going to let a reader write one. I’m going to pick that someone by May 29. If you want to do it, this is what you need to do:

• Send me a 150-word proposal of at least one of the topics you’d address in the column, and why you think you should be the person to be the guest columnist for Football Morning in America. Send this week to: peterkingfmia@gmail.com
    • Put FMIA guest columnist in the topic bar of the email.
    • Do not write more than 150 words in your proposal.
    • There is no money involved. You’ve got to do it for the love of the game.
    • Be imaginative. Have some fun with it.

This is going to be a cool experience for someone. Let’s have some good ideas and I’ll pick a fun one.

Unfortunately, King is in charge of selecting the winner, so we’ll get some sycophant who writes like him, but worse.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

Honestly, I don’t think one could write worse than King.

Chico needs to submit a proposal.

jforb
    Participant

So which comes first, game one or BSJ10K?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Richard Deitsch and Sal Pal are ‘smart NFL people?’  That’s a low bar.

Participant

Nice seats Bill.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Uh-oh, Breer says the Colts won the off-season. What say you, Jets? 🔥🔥🔥

chicowalker
    Participant

Is there a banner for that? If it’s determined the Jets did in fact win the offseason, would the Colts be “2019 offseason finalist”?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Joe Gill should start his public begging for (free) Stanley Cup tickets any day now.

Participant

Joe Gill should start his public begging for (free) Stanley Cup tickets any day now.

“We named our son Stanley, so because of that amazing coincidence, somebody should give me their tickets.”

3 users thanked author for this post.

Honestly, I don’t think one could write worse than King.

Chico needs to submit a proposal.

I think collectively we could craft 150 words that sucker Fatty into it.

chicowalker
    Participant

speaking of LJ, did Mustard and Johnson get cancelled? I tuned in for my five minute rage-listen saturday and I got Mark and Kichen doing their tortured “do you HATE the layoff before the cup final?” “hmmm…I don’t HATE it…but I don’t LOVE it…mmm…do I LIKE it? no. Do I HATE it though? hmmmm…”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Craig and Larry only get 2 hours – 9 to 11.  I think I heard them this weekend.

Nick B
    Participant

speaking of LJ, did Mustard and Johnson get cancelled? I tuned in for my five minute rage-listen saturday and I got Mark and Kichen doing their tortured “do you HATE the layoff before the cup final?” “hmmm…I don’t HATE it…but I don’t LOVE it…mmm…do I LIKE it? no. Do I HATE it though? hmmmm…”

these people that bitch about the layoff. I’m not sure they realize that another series is still going on.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Larry should get at least an hour a week of air time. Sort of like how radio stations need to put aside time for public affairs programing and other things of limited appeal.

jforb
    Participant

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That’s Doctors Devin and Jason McCourty to you, Bub.

The narrator makes you want to retch, but this is pretty neat. I hope all the Jets’ fans in the house squirmed in their seats.

chicowalker
    Participant

I may just be getting local 103.7 programming.  Oh well :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Odd and sad.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah, Rapist is the sole adult in the locker room

“I took some heat, and deservedly so, for some of the comments on that show and especially toward him,” Roethlisberger told the outlet. “I genuinely feel bad about that and I’m sorry. Did I go too far after that Denver game? Probably …”

Only resulted in trading a guy and whatever dead money cap hit that is, 20 mil or so.  Good job good effort.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar