Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/20-5/26/2019 Discussion Thread The Waiting

This topic contains 170 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Big Fat O 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 171 total)
  • Author

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Yeah, Rapist is the sole adult in the locker room

“I took some heat, and deservedly so, for some of the comments on that show and especially toward him,” Roethlisberger told the outlet. “I genuinely feel bad about that and I’m sorry. Did I go too far after that Denver game? Probably …”

Only resulted in trading a guy and whatever dead money cap hit that is, 20 mil or so. Good job good effort.

Brown had the A-1 response: “Two face”.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Blazers getting murdered on the boards in OT.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

That… was not a high percentage shot at the end there.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Koji Uehara retired yesterday at age 44 after 21 years in pro ball. (He was pitching back home in the Japanese leagues.). I can’t seem to post GIFs but if anyone has the one of him slapping guys in the dugout and almost knocking a guy down — was it Victorino? — could they oblige.

Speaking of slaps, this reminiscence from Dana LeVangie was in today’s Baseball Paper:

[During] the 2013 World Series. Uehara was about to go in to close out a game, but he felt a little sleepy. He came to bullpen coach LeVangie with a request. “He asked me to slap him in the face,” LeVangie said. “And I did.” Uehara wanted a jolt of energy before he went in to close. LeVangie thought it was a weird request, but this was a player who was full of weird requests and usually knew what he needed. And once he got to the mound, Uehara seemed plenty energized.

:lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Here’s the perfect contest for Joe Gill.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I hope they get deluged with 100’s of dick videos.

jforb
    Participant

Koji Uehara retired yesterday at age 44 after 21 years in pro ball. (He was pitching back home in the Japanese leagues.). I can’t seem to post GIFs but if anyone has the one of him slapping guys in the dugout and almost knocking a guy down — was it Victorino? — could they oblige.

It’s on just about every twitter post about him, first one I clicked on.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

I think Uehara was the third choice as closer too, they had Joel Hanrahan who broke down very quickly, then Cory Bailey who more or less did the same.

Nick B
    Participant

Joe’s insulted that he would even have to enter. They should know his passion and just send him the tickets.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

I think Uehara was the third choice as closer too, they had Joel Hanrahan who broke down very quickly, then Cory Bailey who more or less did the same.

Hanrahan? his wife was a dyke.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Joel Hanrahan was horrible…Eric Gagne horrible. Both those clowns ended up with World Series rings despite spectacularly shitting the bed.

Suzy
    Participant

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Joe’s insulted that he would even have to enter. They should know his passion and just send him the tickets.

chicowalker
    Participant

Hanrahan? his wife was a dyke.

I’ll be honest, the first time I heard All-American icon Paul Newman hiss “your wife sucks pussy!” I was shook a bit :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’ll be honest, the first time I heard All-American icon Paul Newman hiss “your wife sucks pussy!” I was shook a bit :lol:

The end of his friendly chat with the team owner was worse.  :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Any time he came in I remember just yelling out “Hey Hanrahan!”

He was good for the Pirates the previous 2 years, it was pretty early in the season when he blew his arm out.  Baseball ref says he made 9 appearances.

Lebron
    Participant

Andrew Bailey was the other guy, got him the year prior from Oakland.  He was decent until he got injured.

Suzy
    Participant

Andrew Bailey was the other guy, got him the year prior from Oakland. He was decent until he got injured.

Holy crap, forgot all about him.

Lebron
    Participant

Traded Josh Reddick for him, they thought Kalish was the better player.  I’m convinced Andrew Bailey and Carson Smith are the same person.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If St. Louis closes out San Jose tonight, I’d love to see Kevan Miller — ruled out for Game 1 but not necessarily for the entire Final — back in the lineup for Game 2. The Blues physically punished the Sharks’ defensemen and might take a page out of Tampa’s book by hammering Krug and Grzelcyk, and having Miller out there, along with Chara, Carlo and McAvoy, might negate that by paying back that physicality, (go)tit for tat, as it were.

Participant

The end of his friendly chat with the team owner was worse. :lol:

Jacque Robinson, #OOTG

Feejis
    Participant

If St. Louis closes out San Jose tonight, I’d love to see Kevan Miller — ruled out for Game 1 but not necessarily for the entire Final — back in the lineup for Game 2. The Blues physically punished the Sharks’ defensemen and might take a page out of Tampa’s book by hammering Krug and Grzelcyk, and having Miller out there, along with Chara, Carlo and McAvoy, might negate that by paying back that physicality, (go)tit for tat, as it were.

Miller is done for the year. Besides it looks like Clifton is a better player right now anyhow. Certainly a better skater.

Humphrey
    Participant

Andrew Bailey was the other guy, got him the year prior from Oakland. He was decent until he got injured.

Holy crap, forgot all about him.

You’re right, I listed the wrong Bailey.

Another incredible bum in a previous year was Scott Sauerbeck…and The Boss had a caniption when the Sox got him instead of the Yanks. He might have won the division for the Sox if he was wearing the pinstripes.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Humphrey.

Participant

Feejis, Did they keep the wrong Miller during the expansion draft a couple of years back?  Poor guy is always hurt.

jforb
    Participant

Coach moonlighting writing tweets for the WSJ?

Lebron
    Participant

What the hell kind of logic is that?  No shit they wouldn’t be who they are without 5 of their best players.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar