Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/23/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 66 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Learned from a football podcast that Mike Renner from Pro Football Focus is a contestant on this season’s The Bachelorette

…Ladies!

(-1.2)

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

N

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Tiny weather lady pics are much better that Bachelorette contestant pics…Plus I can’t see anybody coming up with a good song parody about that guy.

Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

I don’t get it.

Nick B
    Participant

I don’t get it.

In Larry’s mind,  Coach is being walked on by those not there.

InThisTown
    Participant

When you saw only one set of footprints on your ass, it was then that I carried you despite inadequate talent around me…

Kingasaurus
    Participant

When you saw only one set of footprints on your ass, it was then that I carried you despite inadequate talent around me…

We know BB doesn’t throw away old clothes. Maybe those are Modell’s footprints?

jforb
    Participant

Why is the right foot on the left?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why is the right foot on the left?

Larry’s fucking lazy and does poor work? He has a low IQ? Larry suffers from some type of un-diagnosed dementia? He doesn’t really understand the difference between left and righ?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Could it be a commentary on man’s inhumanity to man?

They actually look more like those Dr. Scholl’s inserts that you use scissors to cut into the right size.  Perhaps he sat on a couple of those and it’s a metaphor for sizing up the team.

Lebron
    Participant

‘Sports Analyst’

Participant

:blink: :ohmy:   :lol:   :puke:

I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on Thursday at 1 p.m. in West Paterson, N.J. If you’ve had one, or if you’ve had any intestinal procedure, you know that the day before such an internal snaking you’ve got to be, well, cleaned out. One problem for me: On Wednesday, I was covering the Vince Young pro day workout at the University of Texas in Austin. I was supposed to begin colonoscopy prep at 1 p.m. Wednesday—when the pro day was in progress. My flight was due to leave Austin three hours later, and I was scheduled to get home by 8. In other words, I was not going to have the home-bathroom advantage for a good portion of the internal preparation.

I took the first of the preparatory medication (and believe me, that’s putting it very nicely) just before the three-plus-hour flight took off from Austin. I was in fine shape until maybe 40 minutes from landing in Newark, when the captain came over the intercom and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve been told by the tower in Newark that we’re going to have to slow things up a bit because of traffic into the New York area. They’re putting us into a holding pattern, and we’re going to head over to Pennsylvania to circle …”

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Deep breaths. Long, deep breaths. Bumping around for 45 minutes. An eternity. Hold on. Just hold on. You raised two kids not to be ax murderers, you can survive this. I may have to get up and brawl with this flight attendant in a minute because of the seat belt sign.

Out of the holding pattern. Seven or eight minutes later, like the God of Aviation knew what was happening inside me at that moment, the captain came on and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, we’re on our final approach into the Newark area.

Once off the plane, I was as dignified as was humanly possible. I brisk-walked to the men’s room, found a stall, and … well, the rest is colonoscopy history.

Big Fat O
    Participant

He really didn’t write that did he?

jforb
    Participant

Not only did he write it, he reprinted it today.

Also, Joe Jackson from Indiana is an idiot.

Lebron
    Participant

Someone noted it last week in our rundown.

Lebron
    Participant

Joe Jackson from Indiana has a Bootleg Barnicle cadence referring to Jacko’s dad.

Also, I hate Joe Jackson the musician.

Feejis
    Participant

InThisTown
    Participant

I can’t (just kidding) believe the NFL managed to fuck up the anthem thing even further.

Your charts are like a tidal wave, spinning over my head
    Drowning me in minus-twos and plus-ones, but you’re easily misled
    You’re the wrong statistician to assist my football fantasy
    How can I trust your vision when you tell me Revis is plus-three?
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, hot taker
    Your stats lack veracity
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, fabricator
    Do you tell the truth? No no no
    Your stats have set my brain on fire, burnin’ out of control
    You say this guard missed his assignment, but you don’t know his role
    You’re the wrong statistician to determine culpabilityHow can I trust your vision when there’s so much subjectivity?

You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, hot taker
    Fatty likes you ’cause you’re free
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, fabricator
    Does he care they’re wrong? No no no
    You’re the wrong statistician to inform my sensibility
    How can I trust your vision when your screen cuts off the free safety? 

You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, hot taker
    There’s no objectivity
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, fabricator
    Your boss drinks afternoon tea
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, hot taker
    You put down the lid to pee
    You are Mike Renner
    Stats faker, fabricator
    Mike Renner

Lebron
    Participant

ESPN just paid $1.5 billion for 30 UFC fights.  Aren’t broadcast rights fees one of the main issues that got them in financial hot water?

Wordpress rendering from my Samsung sucks

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

:blink: :ohmy: 😆 :puke: I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on Thursday at 1 p.m. in West Paterson, N.J. If you’ve had one, or if you’ve had any intestinal procedure, you know that the day before such an internal snaking you’ve got to be, well, cleaned out. One problem for me: On Wednesday, I was covering the Vince Young pro day workout at the University of Texas in Austin. I was supposed to begin colonoscopy prep at 1 p.m. Wednesday—when the pro day was in progress. My flight was due to leave Austin three hours later, and I was scheduled to get home by 8. In other words, I was not going to have the home-bathroom advantage for a good portion of the internal preparation.

I took the first of the preparatory medication (and believe me, that’s putting it very nicely) just before the three-plus-hour flight took off from Austin. I was in fine shape until maybe 40 minutes from landing in Newark, when the captain came over the intercom and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve been told by the tower in Newark that we’re going to have to slow things up a bit because of traffic into the New York area. They’re putting us into a holding pattern, and we’re going to head over to Pennsylvania to circle …”

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Deep breaths. Long, deep breaths. Bumping around for 45 minutes. An eternity. Hold on. Just hold on. You raised two kids not to be ax murderers, you can survive this. I may have to get up and brawl with this flight attendant in a minute because of the seat belt sign. Out of the holding pattern. Seven or eight minutes later, like the God of Aviation knew what was happening inside me at that moment, the captain came on and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, we’re on our final approach into the Newark area.

Once off the plane, I was as dignified as was humanly possible. I brisk-walked to the men’s room, found a stall, and … well, the rest is colonoscopy history.

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when Suzy reads this post.   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Seriously, what kind of idiot takes colonoscopy prep medication before a flight, or in any setting except being at home and near a crapper? This kind:  :pk:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Wordpress rendering from my Samsung sucks

Brian thinks you should install Firefox.  :lol:   :lol:   :wag:   :wub:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

I can’t (just kidding) believe the NFL managed to fuck up the anthem thing even further.

It’s amazing. Quite literally nobody important cares about this issue and it’s their top priority.

Participant

ESPN just paid $1.5 billion for 30 UFC fights. Aren’t broadcast rights fees one of the main issues that got them in financial hot water?

Don’t forger our swell new “personality driven” morning show.

See the source image

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I stand corrected. This board can make a song parody out of almost anything.

I stand corrected. This board can make a song parody out of almost anything.

It felt like a challenge.  :smile:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Also, Joe Jackson from Indiana is an idiot.

Joe ought to be worried about where the fuck his next lay is coming from.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

What a bunch of sackless wonders NFL Owners are. Except Mrs Pegula, she gets a pass.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

How can we miss Pete if he never leaves?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It’s amazing. Quite literally nobody important cares about this issue and it’s their top priority.

“Little Lulu Feejis is Wrong! NFL making smart move about Flag respect Making America Great Again! Feejis ran away from Twitter! Fake News about the Mayo trade!”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

:blink: :ohmy: 😆 :puke: I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on Thursday at 1 p.m. in West Paterson, N.J. If you’ve had one, or if you’ve had any intestinal procedure, you know that the day before such an internal snaking you’ve got to be, well, cleaned out. One problem for me: On Wednesday, I was covering the Vince Young pro day workout at the University of Texas in Austin. I was supposed to begin colonoscopy prep at 1 p.m. Wednesday—when the pro day was in progress. My flight was due to leave Austin three hours later, and I was scheduled to get home by 8. In other words, I was not going to have the home-bathroom advantage for a good portion of the internal preparation.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Deep breaths. Long, deep breaths. Bumping around for 45 minutes. An eternity. Hold on. Just hold on. You raised two kids not to be ax murderers, you can survive this. I may have to get up and brawl with this flight attendant in a minute because of the seat belt sign. Out of the holding pattern. Seven or eight minutes later, like the God of Aviation knew what was happening inside me at that moment, the captain came on and said, “Ladies and gentlemen, we’re on our final approach into the Newark area.

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall when Suzy reads this post. 😆 😆 😆 Seriously, what kind of idiot takes colonoscopy prep medication before a flight, or in any setting except being at home and near a crapper? This kind: :pk:

What kind of adult can’t manage the necessary time / situation for a scheduled medical procedure?

Claude45
    Participant

When it’s all said and done, the over/under on Pete King farewell tours is 7.

Take the over.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The low IQ, self-absorbed kind, FWL.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

When it’s all said and done, the over/under on Pete King farewell tours is 7. Take the over.

The thing is he’s not really going anywhere.  He’s firing up the same awful content on a different website, yet he’s carrying on like this is the end of an era.

jforb
    Participant

66% increase yesterday over the previous couple days, maybe someone else isn’t going anywhere soon either. Then again, that was 3 to 5, so nowhere near enough.

Claude45
    Participant

When it’s all said and done, the over/under on Pete King farewell tours is 7. Take the over.

The thing is he’s not really going anywhere. He’s firing up the same awful content on a different website, yet he’s carrying on like this is the end of an era.

King expects the building to crumble and collapse as he walks out the door.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete’s the type that will say ‘you shouldn’t have!’ when they throw a farewell party that he’s been passive aggressively dropping suggestions about since the announcement.

InThisTown
    Participant

66% increase yesterday over the previous couple days, maybe someone else isn’t going anywhere soon either. Then again, that was 3 to 5, so nowhere near enough. 8306

Yikes. Do we have an updated graph? This is not strong.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I think this guy stopped taking his meds. This offseason he’s renegotiated a contract, retired, unretired, been released and:

The alleged victim told TMZ Incognito threw a tennis ball for no reason and followed up by throwing a dumbbell at him as well. Incognito was allegedly “rambling about the government and screaming at the man to ‘get off my f*cking playground’” while this was going on.

Participant

He’s right but something, something integrity…..

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/national-anthem-christopher-johnson-fines-1.18700702

It’s only going to get better Roger, you fucking dope.

RedSeat
    Participant

It’s up to the teams to impose discipline? If Kraft had balls (spoiler: he doesn’t), he would implement a policy fining anyone on the field who doesn’t show the anthem and flag “appropriate respect.”

Camera guy kneeling to get a close-up of JJ Watt’s stoic face? Fined.

Sideline reporter on his cell phone during the anthem? Fined.

Visiting team guests yukking it up with each other? Fined.

Fine anyone and everyone to show how ridiculous this is.

jforb
    Participant

66% increase yesterday over the previous couple days, maybe someone else isn’t going anywhere soon either. Then again, that was 3 to 5, so nowhere near enough. 8306

Yikes. Do we have an updated graph? This is not strong.

I’ll dig through my post history once I actually don’t have work but 8200 was 4/30.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

There is probably a 85% chance Incognito will kill himself of somebody else (and himself) in the next 5 years. An outstanding death pool candidate if your into that type of stuff. He’s neurologically equivalent to  a 80’s WWF wrestler. He’d probably be exactly the same (just with less money) if he never played a down in the NFL.

BrianInLA
    Participant

It keeps them from having to talk about head injuries I suppose. I would challenge any of those 32 billionaires to an IQ test with just about anyone on this board. No wonder they wanted no part of Mark Cuban owning a team. Say what you want about the guy but he would be one of the few out there saying how stupid this was.

Lebron
    Participant

What if you are wearing one of those doo rags or big headbands and you don’t remove it?  Fine?  Penalty?  That league is so shitty.

jforb
    Participant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obsNcKXKNHhwKmtiUQIu4Y1qBqHTu1EXcZSlBAsyV4c/edit?usp=sharing
    Only used days I wrote down the actual number, the intermediate +3s didn’t always add up (they may have been correct at the time I looked). Trendline has a slope of 8.8.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

There is probably a 85% chance Incognito will kill himself of somebody else (and himself) in the next 5 years. An outstanding death pool candidate if your into that type of stuff. He’s neurologically equivalent to a 80’s WWF wrestler. He’d probably be exactly the same (just with less money) if he never played a down in the NFL.

Yeah, but he was more or less under control the last few years. Seems like a switch has flipped. God bless

Not that “Get Along, Go Along” Kraft would ever do this,  but he should make his own personal stadium flag etiquette to follow the Flag Code to the letter.

So no flag clothing, no carrying the flag flat (like say the full field drape), no flag products, no flags used as part of advertisements (for which you could stretch the interpretation to include those paid advertisements for the military). Oh, and just for shits and giggles, resume the old etiquette where you’re not supposed to clap after the national anthem.

We’d see how far people’s patriotism extends when called out on their hypocrisy.

But like I said, for causing a stir like that, Kraft’s not your guy. He’s more the fall-in-line type.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar