Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/27-6/2/2019 Memorial Day and Stanley Cup Final Weekly Thread

This topic contains 159 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Suzy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

go away Drake.

I just saw a photo of him from last night wearing a Raptors jersey which I think was Steph Curry’s father Dell, and a friggin’ wristband pushed up to his elbow.  Rich Keefe in wiffle ball regalia like.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

NBA is terrible but these tampering fines are fucking stupid.  Doc Rivers gets fined for saying Kawhi Leonard is the most like Jordan that he’s seen.  Nothing about hoping to sign him this summer or anything close to that.  Utterly ridiculous.

GusChiggins
    Participant

NBA is terrible but these tampering fines are fucking stupid. Doc Rivers gets fined for saying Kawhi Leonard is the most like Jordan that he’s seen. Nothing about hoping to sign him this summer or anything close to that. Utterly ridiculous.

I saw that comment and was very confused by it. I don’t see much overlap in their games. I guess they each took  year off basketball?

Humphrey
    Participant

Amusing factoid. Every single finals for 73 years have featured a player who was a New York Knick at some point in his career. (While the Knicks haven’t won one since the 70’s or been to one since the Ewing years). Link

Bet that’s true for more than the Knicks. Or very close to it.

When Havlicek Stole The Ball there were only 8 teams and that was 20 years after the league started. So, really, if you looked at those other 7 teams you may be right.

Lakers (MPLS/LA)/Celtics/Sixers (Syracuse Nats)/Kings (Cinn and Roch Royals)/Warriors (Phila/SF/GS)/Hawks (Stl/Atl and some other place or two)/Pistons (FTW/Det).
    Bullets were 1960 or so, Bulls 66 or 67.

Lebron
    Participant

So guys that played in the finals for one team then had a cup of coffee with the Knicks however many years after qualify?

jforb
    Participant

Yeah, it was at any point in their careers. I started scanning quickly before I actually had work to do and it was like 30/32 teams at least each of the last 2 years.

Participant

So guys that played in the finals for one team then had a cup of coffee with the Knicks however many years after qualify?

It is the CITY GAME after all….

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Jesus, spare us another Knicks tital for the next — what — 46 years so we don’t have to heart that crap about it being a “city game.”

The Dolans may be my favorite owners in sports.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It is the CITY GAME after all….

Stephon Marbury, Kenny Anderson, Chris Mullin . . .

Yahtzee
    Participant

Not much buzz around Sox-Yanks.

Claude45
    Participant

go away Drake.

I just saw a photo of him from last night wearing a Raptors jersey which I think was Steph Curry’s father Dell, and a friggin’ wristband pushed up to his elbow. Rich Keefe in wiffle ball regalia like.

I heard Russillo say that the wristband is covering a Steph Curry/KD tattoo. Something with their numbers. I don’t think he was joking but I’m choosing to believe it about that clown.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Apropos of nothing since it’s a slow day, before Phil Collins was that well known but when “Against All Odds” was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song, they made the executive decision to have Broadway dancer Ann Reinking perform the song for the Awards Show. This was the disaster that ensued.

Humphrey
    Participant

Spoiler alert.

Did you hear about Al Swearingen?

jforb
    Participant

Today we are all Spurs?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Today we are all Spurs?

Nope

Big Fat O
    Participant

Awards

Yes but they lost. I hate Powder even though he’s be ok with the ball club.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Jforb is walking alone.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Spoiler alert.

Did you hear about Al Swearingen?

Mr. Wu “San Francisco…cocksucka!”

Big Fat O
    Participant

I guess the Bruins are pretty good after all.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Eff this Barbasol guy.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Carlo was playing best hockey of his career coming into this series.   He’s been very average in these three games.

Humphrey
    Participant

Like how they got goal number seven,. Wish to they had another one or two more. Fuck those guys

Lebron
    Participant

Fuck the Blues what a bunch of cocksuckers.

Lebron
    Participant

Chiefs players at the game wearing Blues gear.  What a fucking shithole town where you have to get those assholes from clear across the state to show up.  Well we’d get our own guys but 2 different teams said screw this place and left.  Dump.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Difficult to build a brand new stadium in the 60s and then one in the 90s and have both of them be obsolete 20 years after they opened; but St. Louis managed to do that. Olbermann once remarked on ESPN how the Edward Jones Dome reminded him of his local Home Depot.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar