Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/27-6/2/2019 Memorial Day and Stanley Cup Final Weekly Thread

This topic contains 159 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Suzy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

Series is over in 5. The last fuck-you goal by the Bruins was the telling sign the Blues are done. The Bruins didn’t have to try and score but they were pissed by the slashing penalty on the empty netter so they imposed their will. If the Blues had any heart they would have said “Hey, not in our house!” and either actually tried to kill the penalty or start some shit after the Bruins scored (which they would be in the wrong for doing, but at least it would be something). Kelce looked like an idiot. I love them showing the parade of guys from losing teams wearing the gear.

Rereading that I sound like Joe Gill. I’ll show myself out. :(

1 user thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I still can’t believe that Krug stat and that he is the first Bruin ever to get 4 points in a finals game. I guess they haven’t been to a zillion finals but I would have thought either Orr or Bourque had done it. Then again that ’88 team didn’t even score 4 goals in any of the games against Edmonton. That’s the one I remember angrily for some reason.

Big Fat O
    Participant

They said on the radio last night Orr had 3 points twice. 70 and 74.

BrianInLA
    Participant

With two assists and a goal tonight, Torey Krug is now top 15 all-time in career playoff points among American defensemen. He’s also only played 58 playoff games, whereas nobody else in the top 15 has played fewer than 85.

Ended up with 1 more after that tweet.

Yahtzee
    Participant

ESPN announcer just said that CC is down to 285 and looks great. Without irony or sarcasm.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I guess I wouldn’t hate Toronto winning.

Which seems increasingly unlikely.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Yahtzee.

Lebron
    Participant

That Perron asshole sure loves to shoot his mouth off.  Saw a clip of him skating by the Bruins bench after game 2 saying ‘you guys are fucked’ then last night tried to buzz Tuukka a few times got in his face once and Tuukka just laughed at him.  I expect a ton of launching head shots from St Louis they know it’s their best chance and this is pretty much it for them.  They win it’s still a series they lose it’s over.

Lebron
    Participant

Drake is a Spike Lee superfan wannabe I’d hate seeing that shitbird celebrating like he’s an actual player.

4 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I’m ready to run through a wall already and there’s still ten hours until puck drop. A lot of punchable faces on that Blues team.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Drake is a Spike Lee superfan wannabe I’d hate seeing that shitbird celebrating like he’s an actual player.

I’d venture to say he’s worse than Spike Lee. Guy couldn’t be a bigger, more obnoxious douche.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar