Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/4/20 – 5/10/20 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Participant

‘Goodfellas,’ 25 Years On: Cast Members Reminisce - The ...

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Bundesliga firing back up May 16 if I read it right.

Coma
    Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Axl Rose being this weeks “Man of the people” had to pay about 45,000-1.

Lebron
    Participant

Guy had no problem moseying in to concerts 2 hours late 30 years ago.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Looks like Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari aren’t going to make it.

Marriage-wise, I should add.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Yahtzee.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Supposedly she asked him for $5 million so she could buy a house and he promptly froze his accounts and told her to get a job.

BrianInLA
    Participant

There is a 3 hour schedule release show? :lol: :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

I mean, why not?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If they intentionally made it as boring as possible it’d probably still have good ratings.

Lefty

If they intentionally made it as boring as possible it’d probably still have good ratings.

“If?”

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Real NFL analysts were like “The Jets schedule is brutal!” as if the opponents haven’t been known for 6+ months. Did they think the order of games being played makes a difference?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Looking at the AFC East betting odds in a few places, I’m surprised that the Bills and Pats are pretty much co-favorites and that the Jets and Dolphins are tied far below as third choice. I would have thought people would be more bullish on the Jets, undeservedly, to be at least a closer third choice.

chicowalker
    Participant

re: that Earl Thomas story- first off,

but for those who are, with his brother?  Even without any sword crossing, :puke:   times 1000.  Though I’d expect no less of a product of the Poodle/Brother Jim programs

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I love how everyone feels like they can now prognosticate records based upon the schedule.  You knew the opponents the day after the regular season ended as well as the locations of the games. You just needed the exact dates of the games to bullshit your way to cocksuringly saying “8-8”?

As noted in the wrong thread I think I’m just going to get a German short hair pointer and run him in a field on Sundays, I couldn’t give a fuck about the NFL anymore.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

I love how everyone feels like they can now prognosticate records based upon the schedule. You knew the opponents the day after the regular season ended as well as the locations of the games. You just needed the exact dates of the games to bullshit your way to cocksuringly saying “8-8”?

As noted in the wrong thread I think I’m just going to get a German short hair pointer and run him in a field on Sundays, I couldn’t give a fuck about the NFL anymore.

And no one ever gets hurt between now and a week 13 game.  :lol:

How is that Spy Wars show Lebron?

Lebron
    Participant

I sport wood over espionage stuff, some of the topics will be familiar and well covered ground, but they have some of the participants so its good to hear from them and you get some further context.  The most recent one was about busting the Merchant of Death, which I didn’t know much if anything about.  Week before was about a Soviet guy spying for France, which I knew of but it was interesting how he fell apart.  Damian Lewis in full Brit accent as the host is killer, and it’s awesome how he ‘acts’ like a spy if that makes sense.  Like hanging in abandoned buildings, going through files, looking out windows, dressed sharp.  Thumbs the fuck up.

Lebron
    Participant

Abandoned building, on the lookout.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Who had the Shula Steakhouse story here? Did it disappear with the Invision Board?

Oddly this struck me last night, was it Charlie?  It was either him or Lobstah but the more I think it about it I feel like it was Charlie.

chicowalker
    Participant

The Shulas in Providence was open way longer than it should have been

GusChiggins
    Participant

Lebron, I’ve been thinking Friendly White Golfer.

Lebron
    Participant

Another possibility.  If I recall correctly Charlie knew a lot of restaurant stories as I think he was in commercial real estate.

Coma
    Participant

With the Globe pushing for Parcells to be elected to the Patriots HOF, I was surprised that he hasn’t been a candidate since 2014. I guess it just seems like we go through this charade every year.

Dave and IH pointed out on the most recent Entitled Town podcast that, in addition to all the negative stuff around SB 36 and Parcells’ departure, you also really can’t give credit to Parcells for introducing Belichick and Kraft because he made it as difficult as possible for the Patriots to hire Belichick. Besides, all we’ve heard is that Belichick was an incompetent failure as a head coach before coming to New England, so why should Parcells get credit for what seemed like a bad move in 2000?

jforb
    Participant

Did Jurassic Bob respond to anyone pointing out his argument that Parcells took them to the SuperBowl isn’t the best considering what was going on at the time?

NASCL
    Participant

A Joe Haggerty – Dan Lifshatz Twitter feud is about Iran – Iraq as you can get.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar