Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/6-5/12/2019 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 157 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 158 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

I think my feelings about mock drafts are pretty well known (not a fan, I do one—three days before the draft), but I find the mock drafts done 365 days before the next draft particularly reprehensible and click-pandering.

Mock Drafts are reprehensible, except for the one I do. And mine isn’t click-pandering. What a reprehensible click pandering douchebag.

Isn’t this the same guy who was doing fake trades between teams during his mock draft? Those are the dumbest things ever.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Rodney gets the Patriots Hall of Fame nod.

I like that, especially since CHB fulminated over the weekend about how Parcells just has to be in the Pats’ HOF, no questions asked. It was part of one of those bullet-list, “cleaning lint out of my sports navel” exercises, and at least four of them crapped on Kraft, directly or indirectly. I’m no fan of Kraft’s outside of the bit where he hired BB, pays him a king’s ransom, and stays the eff out of his way in football ops, and the thought that there might be a video soon on Reddit or someplace of him getting a handy turns my stomach, but, really, he’s still not a worse human being than Shaughnessy.

4 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I think my feelings about mock drafts are pretty well known (not a fan, I do one—three days before the draft), but I find the mock drafts done 365 days before the next draft particularly reprehensible and click-pandering.

Mock Drafts are reprehensible, except for the one I do. And mine isn’t click-pandering. What a reprehensible click pandering douchebag.

I actually kind of like that mock draft. It gives me an idea of players to keep an eye out for.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Isn’t this the same guy who was doing fake trades between teams during his mock draft? Those are the dumbest things ever.

I’m still reeling from the Falcons blockbuster mock draft trade. I think it was the Falcons, something I’ll never forget, I guess.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Gus same here, a lot of times I’ll pull up a walterfootball mock draft in August just to get familiar with some players.  It’s borderline impossible to know everyone in college football unless you’re a Denny Doyle type reading up on recruiting classes and such.

jforb
    Participant

That goal from Kompany that will probably keep Liverpool from winning the title is something.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If Giannis is going to drive to the basket and pick up a foul they may want to make him pay a little.

The refs are going to call a foul unless they clear a path to let him drive so make it a nice hard foul.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Wait, that Bruins goal was overturned 5  minutes and 30 seconds later?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Chris Webber adds NOTHING.

Lebron
    Participant

Not an expert on penalties but that seemed to be a launch to the head by McAvoy

BrianInLA
    Participant

In my day I’d be getting yelled at by my coach for not seeing the guy coming.

Doncabesa
    Participant

What a difference between the games.  Bruins are so damned fun to watch and the Celtics have been miserable.  Still I’ll take 3/4 championships if I can get ’em. :wub:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The entire NBC sports  network team seems to be suffering from collective amnesia about all the bad bounces and hit posts the Bruins had in the first 3 games of this series. Things  have evened out over the last few games.

Lefty

Go back to rooting for your corrupt college football team, you fucking Hicks.

Lefty

Not an expert on penalties but that seemed to be a launch to the head by McAvoy

THere is no rule that allows a major penalty on a hit to the head unless the ref wants to call a misconduct for intent to injure, which I don’t think was there.   Only choice ref had was 2 minutes.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Water is wet and TSN.ca is unanimously calling for a suspension for McAvoy.

Are they still seething over Chara’s hit on Pacioretty?

Humphrey
    Participant

I don’t read many hockey articles, wondering if the “Forever 500s” nickname for the Whalers/Hurricanes is used only by His Lordship?

Lebron
    Participant

McAvoy and the guy he hit chatted it up in the handshake line so if that’s any indication he didn’t see to be thinking anything was dirty or whatnot beyond the minor penalty.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That Blue Jacket player should have started bleeding when McAvoy hit him. That gets the refs attention like nothing else and always get at least 4 minutes. Same for when Bishop was lying on his back in agony the other night, if he had somehow been cut they’d have blown the play dead and St. Louis would not have scored. The Bruins should draft somebody with hemophilia to draw cheap 5 minute majors in close games.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

That Blue Jacket player should have started bleeding when McAvoy hit him. That gets the refs attention like nothing else and always get at least 4 minutes. Same for when Bishop was lying on his back in agony the other night, if he had somehow been cut they’d have blown the play dead and St. Louis would not have scored. The Bruins should draft somebody with hemophilia to draw cheap 5 minute majors in close games.

I thought the trainers were supposed to carry capsules filled with a blood-like liquid around for just such an occasion! The guy was face down; certainly it’s what would have happened in pro wrestling.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Humphrey.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Wrestlers razor blade their foreheads to draw blood. A true art.

Lefty

“Any of you….hemos….want to philia…..I’ll kill you”

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Lefty.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Lefty.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant
    Bart: Remember when Tom had you in that headlock and you screamed, “I’m a hemophiliac!” and when he let you go, you kicked him in the back?
    Homer: Yeah.
    Bart: Will you teach me how to do that?
    Homer: Sure, boy. First, you gotta shriek like a woman and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That’s when it’s time to kick some back. And then when he’s lying down on the ground…
    Bart: Yeah.
    Homer: Kick him in the ribs.
    Homer: Step on his neck.
    Homer: And run like hell.

Lebron
    Participant

This Marchand shit is unreal.  He was mean to that reporter!  Basically that reporter tried to make some kind of a joke the other night that didn’t go over well with Marchand.  He’s not happy with the guy, and somehow he’s the dick in all of this.  Of course on the flip side you have Almost A Coach complaining that Marchand isn’t some deep thinker and should just answer questions.  Basically he can’t win.

5 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

This Marchand shit is unreal. He was mean to that reporter! Basically that reporter tried to make some kind of a joke the other night that didn’t go over well with Marchand. He’s not happy with the guy, and somehow he’s the dick in all of this. Of course on the flip side you have Almost A Coach complaining that Marchand isn’t some deep thinker and should just answer questions. Basically he can’t win.

Really a classic example of no matter what someone does the media will not be happy.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 158 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar