Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/9/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 108 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  GreatWhiteDhale 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Game 5 tonight.

Sox Yankees.

No NHL Games on the schedule.

Feejis
    Participant

Was reminded today of a great PK moment that I didn’t see discussed in all of the reminiscing:

He “set down” his phone for a moment in an airport bathroom and it went missing.

He then berated TSA because they wouldn’t help him find it.

Totally gross, totally boorish. The full PK experience.

GusChiggins
    Participant

We need to add May 8th (Simmons fired from ESPN) to the BSMW calendar. We don’t want to miss the four year anniversary.

Lefty

Bruins injuries starting to filter out, per Fluto:

Marchand groin

Riley Nash hip, may need surgery trying to avoid

Acciari groin, needs surgery

DeBrusk shoulder, no word how bad or of surgery needed.

Bergeron played all year with a groin injury, may need surgery.

Chara has a shoulder problem, too

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Lefty.

Coma
    Participant

Was reminded today of a great PK moment that I didn’t see discussed in all of the reminiscing: He “set down” his phone for a moment in an airport bathroom and it went missing. He then berated TSA because they wouldn’t help him find it. Totally gross, totally boorish. The full PK experience.

I think those PK stories might merit a thread in the private forum, just to catalog them. I remember some of the more recent stuff, like following the woman jogger to listen to her phone conversation and ordering Jenny Vrentas (?) to drive in the bicycle only lane so they could get to a stadium. I had forgotten, though, about PK revealing troop positions in Afghanistan and asking a combat vet how many people he killed (which had the bonus of Peter being completely surprised that this may not have been the most tactful question to pose to a veteran.)

chicowalker
    Participant

Millen did the Giants’ last game of 2017 for FOX, with Sam Rosen: Washington at the Giants, on New Year’s Eve. Two days earlier, the Giants hired Dave Gettleman to be the GM and re-invent the team, and Millen loved the hire. Still loves it, because Gettleman is the kind of meat-and-potatoes, better-be-able-to-run-the-ball team architect Millen admires*.

*drafted a WR in the first round (top 10 picks, all) 4 out of 5 years

First paragraph of the mailbag..haven’t scrolled down yet, I wonder if Fatty will print some letters from DadJeans about him leaving SI, as if them clicking on a different website to read his monday morning offal makes a scintilla of difference? :weei:

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  chicowalker.

Participant

This farewell tour is going to be glorious

I don’t have the adequate vocabulary to express what you’ve accomplished with The MMQB. The most impressive being the incredible writing staff you’ve assembled. That’s why I see you leaving as a plus. Not only will we still get The MMQB that’s been left in great hands but we’ll get your new column as well. You can basically write off my Monday mornings entirely now. Best of luck.

I am a 62-year-old native Texan who has read your column since, it seems, the beginning of the internet. You have been my sporting rock for 20 years. I am more conservative than you in a few ways, perhaps because of economics and finance degrees. But I hate assault rifles, I am terrified of Donald Trump and I love my gay son and his husband. You are braver than me because you have the courage to write openly about your daughter. I helped pay for my son’s Palm Springs wedding but, because of perceived pressure and prejudice in south Texas, I did not have the courage, or pride, to tell anyone here about the wedding. I regret my silence every day. If you were to print this note, you would help me announce to a small part of the world how much I love and support my son. Thank you for your knowledge, passion and perspectives over the last two decades.

chicowalker
    Participant

Expresses surprise that someone wrote from the uninhabited ice floe that is Sweden.  Does he understand what the internet does?

chicowalker
    Participant

a motherfucking football column

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Here is Deadspin ripping him for his Ray Rice reporting.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Another Fatty all-timer: starting colonoscopy prep on an airplane.

:puke:

Participant

Expresses surprise that someone wrote from the uninhabited ice floe that is Sweden. Does he understand what the internet does?

Don’t sleep on the guy from Montreal bringing up the always classy  Jean Beliveau.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The SOSH Peter King thread going back to 2007 probably has some beauties.
    The troop position fiasco in 2008.

Those are links. WORDPRESS!

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Feejis
    Participant

John and Linda have an article up about the art installation on the greenway using the “flapping chicken” from Fontaines.

Literally nobody ever called it the flapping chicken.

Lefty

John and Linda have an article up about the art installation on the greenway using the “flapping chicken” from Fontaines. Literally nobody ever called it the flapping chicken.

Say, whaddya mean, all of us here in Beantown love the ol’ flapping chicken, it harkens back to a quieter, better time when the Red Sox stole everyone’s heart with that Amazing team of 1967, (best Red Sox team ever!) and the local football squad played to nearly empty seats in the old Zayre’s parking lot.

Suzy
    Participant

You have been my sporting rock for 20 years

LMFAO

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

I love how one guy mentions his divorce

yeah, it’s been rough…she left, lost the house..can barely afford a studio after the lawyer’s fees…but at least I still have my nuggets about Acela, the Montclair Pedroias, and coffee-flavored water! :puke:  

Suzy
    Participant

I love how one guy mentions his divorce yeah, it’s been rough…she left, lost the house..can barely afford a studio after the lawyer’s fees…but at least I still have my nuggets about Acela, the Montclair Pedroias, and coffee-flavored water! :puke:

These cannot be real people.  :ohmy:

Lebron
    Participant

I like how both ESPN and HBO decided to cut their losses with Bill.  They paid him to go the fuck away, and especially HBO yanking that ‘show’ of his a handful of episodes in.  And of course he celebrates it like the douchebag that he is.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Some days I think its too bad that Peter King was not the journalist that got invited onto that dudes home-made submarine and ended up cut up into tiny pieces and dumped in the ocean….OK most days.

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol: a bit of historical fiction on my part

Lebron
    Participant

The Pete stuff has been great for bringing to light all the things you forget about that asshole.  How can you possibly remember it all?  I already forgot the phone at the airport and listening to some woman’s conversation and those happened in the past year.

Lebron
    Participant

We can do the math on Palm Springs wedding

Suzy
    Participant

a motherfucking football column

:lol:

Suzy
    Participant

I’m dying :lol: :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar