Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/9/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 108 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  GreatWhiteDhale 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Ironhead
    Participant

Kill these Processing motherfuckers tonight.

Lefty

I’m dying :lol: :lol:

“Have you heard about Suzy?”

Participant

If PeterKingInContext.Com existed, it would be a winner.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  02062.

Suzy
    Participant

The Pete stuff has been great for bringing to light all the things you forget about that asshole. How can you possibly remember it all? I already forgot the phone at the airport and listening to some woman’s conversation and those happened in the past year.

I’d forgotten the phone incident. For some reason the other day I recalled him saying his visit to Boston shortly after the 2013 marathon was “a blast.”

The guy’s a mentally disturbed attention whore. His disgracefully inappropriate word choices over the years should be included in his obit.

jforb
    Participant

3 day update of +11 (8251), quite the pace there.

Suzy
    Participant

I’m dying :lol: :lol:

“Have you heard about Suzy?”

:lol:

That pic & the toilet one…:lol:

What a weirdo.

Tip of the cap to Andy Reid, get your house in order Marvin Lewis.

chicowalker
    Participant

The Pete stuff has been great for bringing to light all the things you forget about that asshole. How can you possibly remember it all? I already forgot the phone at the airport and listening to some woman’s conversation and those happened in the past year.

I’d forgotten the phone incident. For some reason the other day I recalled him saying his visit to Boston shortly after the 2013 marathon was “a blast.” The guy’s a mentally disturbed attention whore. His disgracefully inappropriate word choices over the years should be included in his obit.

Didn’t he mention “..leaving a hole in his loved one’s hearts” after an ex-NFL player shot himself?

chicowalker
    Participant

the toilet pic seems to have gone the way of the “DACKERY!” guy, unfortunately

Suzy
    Participant

I’d forgotten the phone incident. For some reason the other day I recalled him saying his visit to Boston shortly after the 2013 marathon was “a blast.” The guy’s a mentally disturbed attention whore. His disgracefully inappropriate word choices over the years should be included in his obit.

Didn’t he mention “..leaving a hole in his loved one’s hearts” after an ex-NFL player shot himself?

Good Lord….. :blink:

Hmm…that one is a bit fuzzy, but I do have a dim recollection. Anyone else better remember the quote Chico references?

The ones I *do* recall are:

“They didn’t knock down my theory” (after the Ray Rice elevator incident)

“We had a blast” (Boston Marathon)

Shit, I know there are at least three-four more…I’m drawing a blank!  :ozzy:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

John and Linda have an article up about the art installation on the greenway using the “flapping chicken” from Fontaines. Literally nobody ever called it the flapping chicken.

Say, whaddya mean, all of us here in Beantown love the ol’ flapping chicken, it harkens back to a quieter, better time when the Red Sox stole everyone’s heart with that Amazing team of 1967, (best Red Sox team ever!) and the local football squad played to nearly empty seats in the old Zayre’s parking lot.

Jesus Christ, Lefty! It’s “Zayre” No apostrophe; no possessive.

You should know that.  :pk:

jforb
    Participant

Don’t remember the details of this one and haven’t dug up the column

I don’t think I fully grasped the complete absurdity of Peter King visiting Dachau to see if to it was like Hogan’s Heroes. 😆

Suzy
    Participant

Don’t remember the details of this one and haven’t dug up the column

I don’t think I fully grasped the complete absurdity of Peter King visiting Dachau to see if to it was like Hogan’s Heroes. 😆

And saying Anne Frank really didn’t have it so bad or something like that…that her lodgings were actually kind of nice… :pk:

jforb
    Participant

Another one searching here for king creep

Now I’m going to ask you for a favor,” said Woodson, who’d dressed all by himself until this moment. (I timed it. It took him 97 seconds to put on his black dress shirt.) The collarbone was not just chipped. It was broken all the way through. what a fucking weirdo. Can you imagine getting dressed in front of this fat lech and he’s timing you?

:lol: Seriously, there’s something terribly wrong with him. Could he be any more of a sick, awkward fucking creep?!

He could start messaging female news anchors about their personal lives and children non-stop.

You know what? I respect that guy’s out-and-out creepiness. He’s making no bones about it: I AM A CREEP.

Fatty’s passive-aggressive, “Please look at me, I’m a creep!” MO via his insipid little anecdotes and appalling faux pas is far worse, imo. All the while on his high fucking horse as the arbiter of all that is moral and proper behavior. Fat, needy, disingenuous fraud.

Suzy
    Participant

Can you imagine getting dressed in front of this fat lech and he’s timing you

:lol: :lol:

I remember Chico posting this!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

From Awful Announcing aggregating the Richard Dietsch podcast with Fatty:

Midway through the conversation (around the 35-minute mark), King casually mentioned the fact that he once offered to resign from Sports Illustrated after an erroneous report during the Deflategate scandal. In January 2015, King somewhat famously confirmed a report from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen saying that the footballs the Patriots used to beat the Colts in the AFC Championship Game had been significantly under-inflated. The report proved inaccurate and King soon apologized.

Apologized? Really? Too bad his bosses didn’t accept that resignation.

Lebron
    Participant

The Mets batted out of order last night.  In the first inning.  #firecora

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Was reminded today of a great PK moment that I didn’t see discussed in all of the reminiscing: He “set down” his phone for a moment in an airport bathroom and it went missing. He then berated TSA because they wouldn’t help him find it. Totally gross, totally boorish. The full PK experience.

I think those PK stories might merit a thread in the private forum, just to catalog them. I remember some of the more recent stuff, like following the woman jogger to listen to her phone conversation and ordering Jenny Vrentas (?) to drive in the bicycle only lane so they could get to a stadium. I had forgotten, though, about PK revealing troop positions in Afghanistan and asking a combat vet how many people he killed (which had the bonus of Peter being completely surprised that this may not have been the most tactful question to pose to a veteran.)

He also had a weird story about getting free medical treatment when he was in New Orleans ( I think). Yeah, I’d love to see all of his creepiness in one thread :lol: :pk:

Tom Pepper
    Participant

What is it with old people who insist on pronouncing Donovan as Dun-a-vin? Big O does this all the time and have heard others do it. Annoying as fuck.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Where does this fall into the Peter King is a Fucking Weirdo conversation:

Peter King mentions he’s always wanted to be in the NY Time Crossword Puzzle. A puzzle constructor sees that and makes it the centerpiece of a Sunday Puzzle.

http://rexwordpuzzle.blogspot.com/2009/10/nbc-football-analystreporter-longtime.html

The blogger had this to say:

This puzzle is about the weirdest thing I’ve seen in the NYT. It’s like a love letter to one guy. Why anyone else should care … I don’t know. If you wanna put the guy in a puzzle, just put him in a puzzle. No need to beatify him like this. I mean, it’s cute, in its way, in that it’s all meta- and self-referential and what not, and the quote miraculously (with some help from the addition of SPORTS ILLUSTRATED) breaks into chunks that can be arranged with the requisite rotational symmetry. But unless Brendan is leaving his wife for PETER KING, this gesture seems oddly extravagant. Actually, having made a puzzle for someone who didn’t ask for it just because I could (you’ll see it soon — I wrote it for charity), maybe I don’t think the puzzle love is that odd — I mean, from a constructor’s perspective. My main theory is that Brendan is hoping this will get him a mention or two during today’s NFL games — an aspiration I can’t begrudge him at all. Independent puzzle writer’s gotta do what an independent puzzle writer’s gotta do. Wait, NBC doesn’t even have pro football, does it? ; whatever, those NFL analysts all talk to / about each other. There’s hope.

A good number of 116 comments of the blog are asking who the F is Peter King, and why is this unremarkable quote the centerpiece of the Sunday Puzzle.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Standing in the “shower room,” which was the gas chamber, at Dachau. Much of the camp — the barracks, in particular — had been razed by the ’60s. Though this wasn’t one of the main killing camps, Dachau had plenty of the ugly history from the war. And the rock-solid building that prepped prisoners for death, gassed them, and then cremated them in ovens was still standing. And it’s as chilling a spot as I’ve ever visited.

The grounds were full of teens the day we visited, and we asked our guide about it. “Every child in Germany must visit a concentration camp during their schooling,” the guide said. “It is part of our history, and we must not hide from it.”

We really felt for our guide, who was from Bavaria, and whose dad died with a guilty conscience because he was a soldier for the Third Reich during World War II and thought he was doing the right and patriotic thing. The guide and his dad, who died a few years ago, were never able to have a discussion about the war and its outcome because it was just too painful for the father. When I got back to our hotel that evening, I noticed I had four pieces of the pea gravel from the Dachau grounds stuck in the treads of my sneakers. You can bet those will be kept as reminders of a day I won’t forget.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So if his goal in life is to be in the crossword, and it’s done, that means he can die now, right?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Also had the opportunity to see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam Friday. It was a bit of a disappointment. There was no context. No real attempt to show the place exactly as it was. There were lots of signs, no furniture, short videos and never a sense of what it was like to live there. And, frankly (pun intended), no moment of terrible sadness and grief for her like you feel when you read her diary. I kept trying to understand what it was really like but could never feel it.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

the toilet pic seems to have gone the way of the “DACKERY!” guy, unfortunately

Are you talking about his weird pic standing in the narrow doorway of the bathroom or the pic that he took of his friend taking a leak at a baseball game?

Another Fatty outbreak of weirdness: he asked security at the Apple Store (it may have been another store/event) how long of a wait it was for people at the end of the line and then Fatty marched to end of the line to inform them and judge them :pk: :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

What is it with old people who insist on pronouncing Donovan as Dun-a-vin? Big O does this all the time and have heard others do it. Annoying as fuck.

Screw you Peppa

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar