Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/9/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 108 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  GreatWhiteDhale 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

The bathroom pic was some kind of office party if memory serves.  I think he was doing some after photo of his no sugar diet.  Someone had emailed him about favorite Halloween candy and he scoffed I don’t eat sugar.

Humphrey
    Participant

Re: Donovan

Will plead guilty to one out of the 3….I pronounce the o’s as o’s, the ‘a’ is a ‘vin’.     I think most people would be guilty of that, however.

I am old and did manage to ditch most of my Eastern Mass. accent….but not all of it, I guess.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Humphrey.

Claude45
    Participant

Also had the opportunity to see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam Friday. It was a bit of a disappointment. There was no context. No real attempt to show the place exactly as it was. There were lots of signs, no furniture, short videos and never a sense of what it was like to live there. And, frankly (pun intended), no moment of terrible sadness and grief for her like you feel when you read her diary. I kept trying to understand what it was really like but could never feel it.

“Frankly, I couldn’t get a feel for what it was like to be a Jew hiding from a gruesome death at the hands of the Nazi’s while I stood there thinking of puns. That’s why I had to give the Anne Frank house only 2 stars. It would have been 1.5 but the snack stand had a decent cup of French Roast.”

The bathroom pic was some kind of office party if memory serves. I think he was doing some after photo of his no sugar diet. Someone had emailed him about favorite Halloween candy and he scoffed I don’t eat sugar.

I drink it.

Lefty

So, I went scrolling through Fatty’s twitter photos looking for the awkward bathroom photo.   Plenty of odd things in there, but this little beauty appeared:

chicowalker
    Participant

the toilet pic seems to have gone the way of the “DACKERY!” guy, unfortunately

Are you talking about his weird pic standing in the narrow doorway of the bathroom or the pic that he took of his friend taking a leak at a baseball game? Another Fatty outbreak of weirdness: he asked security at the Apple Store (it may have been another store/event) how long of a wait it was for people at the end of the line and then Fatty marched to end of the line to inform them and judge them :pk: 😆

:lol: :ohmy: that might be the worst. I bet the only time this cocksucker puts down his phone or laptop is to shovel corn syrup and coriander “beer” in his fat fucking maw.  He can’t suffer enough. Hopefully this new venture is a spectacular failure and he’s forced to retreat back from Manhattan, where he can no longer afford to live, to Elizabeth NJ or it’s equivalent

Lefty

And in case you weren’t sure of his weirdness, he also has this in there:

4 Aug 2012

Suzy
    Participant

Also had the opportunity to see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam Friday. It was a bit of a disappointment. There was no context. No real attempt to show the place exactly as it was. There were lots of signs, no furniture, short videos and never a sense of what it was like to live there. And, frankly (pun intended), no moment of terrible sadness and grief for her like you feel when you read her diary. I kept trying to understand what it was really like but could never feel it.

“Frankly, I couldn’t get a feel for what it was like to be a Jew hiding from a gruesome death at the hands of the Nazi’s while I stood there thinking of puns. That’s why I had to give the Anne Frank house only 2 stars. It would have been 1.5 but the snack stand had a decent cup of French Roast.”

Honest to God :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

HOLY SHIT. How did he not get his ass beat for that?

Suzy
    Participant

And in case you weren’t sure of his weirdness, he also has this in there:

4 Aug 2012

:blink:

He’s a dyed-in-the-wool fucking creep.

Claude45
    Participant

Don’t forget all King’s 6 minute mile stuff when in every picture of him running he looked fat, club footed and in middle of having a stroke.

Lebron
    Participant

Love when Pete tells people what to do in his columns, like telling Jerry Richardson he should take a few hundred mil less for a guarantee that the Panthers don’t get moved out of the Carolinas.  Of course it’s a total straw man, as no one has made an offer or demand centered around that.  Somebody tells him he’s crazy and Pete’s long winded response ends with this:

Jerry Richardson would much rather die with $7.7 billion knowing the Panthers would stay in Charlotte than die with $8 billion and not being sure where the team would play in perpetuity.

When has Jerry Richardson ever said anything like this?  Pete doesn’t know the first thing about billionaires, they love their money and don’t knock off a few hundred mil for something that they wouldn’t be around to see/not see anyhow.  Also, in perpetuity?  Who can guarantee that?  Whoever buys the team won’t own it forever either, then what, they are supposed to exact the same guarantee all because of some guy who died and was forced to sell the team in disgrace decades earlier?  What a moron.

chicowalker
    Participant

You know he’s stood outside the bathroom on their fart bus with a stopwatch

Hmm..131 seconds…pretty long for #1, but pretty short for #2…what were you doing in there Vrentas?

please, PLEASE let him be the next guy on the Weinstein/Cosby/Lauer train.  Bonus points if it’s Bertie he traumatized by hanging brain out of Stockton-esque jogging shorts

Claude45
    Participant

I wonder if Pete would give back some cash to guarantee the legacy of MMQB?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Claude45.

chicowalker
    Participant

So, I went scrolling through Fatty’s twitter photos looking for the awkward bathroom photo. Plenty of odd things in there, but this little beauty appeared:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Pete loves telling others how to spend their money such as when he wrote that the Browns should pay Brady Quinn like a top 10 pick after he fell to 22.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

I remembered something about Pete ordering lasagna

And the best meal of a vacation that took us to Trieste, Vienna, New York, Chicago and Minneapolis came in … Montclair, N.J. I’ve blown smoke at Osteria Giotto on Midland Avenue in Montclair a few times, like the time I took Brandon Jacobs of the Giants there two nights before the Giants and Pack played in the NFC Championship Game — and Jacobs loved the lasagna so much he had to get two pieces to go for a late-night snack. It was great to see old friends and to have my annual piece of said lasagna (it’s perfect — not overwhelmingly heavy, but with some different spices, like nutmeg) and the mista salad.”

Lists off the places he’s been, I took Brandon Jacobs there, of course loves the spices (nutmeg!) and of course not too heavy

nine layers of homemade pasta, along with Bolognese and Bechamel sauces, and Parmesan cheese.

Bet the house the waitstaff sees that asshole walk in and they bribe the hell out of the hostess not to seat him in their section

Hacksaw
    Participant

What is it with old people who insist on pronouncing Donovan as Dun-a-vin? Big O does this all the time and have heard others do it. Annoying as fuck.

Thats from the same cloth of people who call donuts, “donits” and hot dog “hut dug”.

Lebron
    Participant

Oh man, hut dug brings back memories.  Had an assistant principal who said that, also pronounced pastrami “pastraymee.”  I don’t get people that pronounce roof  “ruff.”

chicowalker
    Participant

Nutmeg in lasagna! My grandmother is spinning in her grave banging the inside of her grave with a wooden spoon

speaking of, not sure if I’ve told this here…my grandmother once made a concession to a couple of her grandchildren trying to be a bit more healthy so she said she’d make a vegetarian lasagna for that sunday’s dinner.  My sister cuts into her piece..

Granny!

What?

There’s pepperoni in this!

So, you put a little pepperoni in..

It’s *vegetarian* lasagna..

Humphrey
    Participant

Oh man, hut dug brings back memories. Had an assistant principal who said that, also pronounced pastrami “pastraymee.” I don’t get people that pronounce roof “ruff.”

Some of my other favorites:

Framingham:   The “h” in “ham” is usually pretty silent, but then there are a lot of folks who make the “g” silent too….”Framinam”

Norwood:  As coined by Ernie Boch Senior,  “Gnawood”.

Did you eat:   “Jeet?”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So, I went scrolling through Fatty’s twitter photos looking for the awkward bathroom photo. Plenty of odd things in there, but this little beauty appeared:

The Gentlemen! From that silent episode of Buffy.

rclane
    Participant

pupcorn

My father always said “ahshole” which I’ve never heard from anyone else.

Lefty

pupcorn My father always said “ahshole” which I’ve never heard from anyone else.

More of a north shore term, said with a little sarcasm to make it sound classy.

chicowalker
    Participant

My daughter says ba-NA-na (as opposed to ba-neah-na like me and her mother) and pa-JA-mas same way.  My paternal grandparents (long dead) had semi-Brahmin accents (Brookline represent! :lol: ) and talked like that.  Odd and weird. Can’t place where it comes from (unless it’s peppa pig :dry: ) Don’t get me wrong, the less she sounds like me (garrulous Cranston Frankenstein) the better

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar