Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/1/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 98 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  LJSandwich 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 49 posts - 51 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

Waggin’ fingers always makes my trousers tight

Kevin
    Participant

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/the-worrisome-reporting-on-aaron-hernandezs-sexuality?mbid=social_twitter

“This rumor,” Callahan said on air, “this Aaron Hernandez rumor—which is so juicy. . . . It is big.”

“It’s something we can certainly play with as the days go on,” Minihane said. “I’m not sure how comfortable Michele is in talking about it.”

McPhee was, however, open to talking about it. “I mean, hey,” she said to her radio pals. “Let’s tease away.”

The three then jokingly riffed—in a cringe-inducing manner familiar to most listeners of American sports radio—on the suggestion that Hernandez was sexually attracted to men. Using football metaphors to insinuate his preference, the men referred to Hernandez as a “tight end on and off the field,” adding, “then he became a wide receiver.” This went on, with McPhee adding that Hernandez kicked “with both feet.”

Does she think everyone who plays football is a kicker? :lol:

Lefty

Mary Beth I hear you calling
    But I can’t go home right now
    Klemko and I are writing,
    And we just can’t find the hook

Just a few more hours
    And I’ll be right home in New York
    I think I hear Roger calling
    Mary Beth what can I do

Mary Beth what can I do

You say my column is empty
    That our little site just ain’t that good

I’m always chasing Roger

I should just leave him alone

Just a few more hours
    And I’ll be right home in Manhattan
    I think I hear Dr Z blinking
    Oh Mary Beth what can I do
    Mary Beth what can I do

Mary Beth I know you’re lonely
    And I hope you’ll be alright
    Cause not liking boys will keep you playing…….all night

Kevin
    Participant

I think I hear Dr Z blinking

Oh, man. :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Those quotes about Hernandez pretty much sum up why I haven’t listened to WEEI for almost 15 years.

Claude45
    Participant

Hasn’t Felger polished Elways balls repeatedly for “going all in” when they signed Ware, Talib, etc?

Haven’t the Pats also won 2 SuperBowls vs the Brono’s one since Elway went “all in”?

And will be much more likely to win it next few years. It all makes me nostalgic for the “SSSOOORRIIIEEE, the Jets have passed YOU by.”

Hacksaw
    Participant

I heard a long time ago the Jets played in back to back AFC Championship games.

Claude45
    Participant

It’s obvious that Belichick is going all in for one last run before he leaves for his dream job with the Giants.

Suzy
    Participant

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/the-worrisome-reporting-on-aaron-hernandezs-sexuality?mbid=social_twitter

“This rumor,” Callahan said on air, “this Aaron Hernandez rumor—which is so juicy. . . . It is big.” “It’s something we can certainly play with as the days go on,” Minihane said. “I’m not sure how comfortable Michele is in talking about it.” McPhee was, however, open to talking about it. “I mean, hey,” she said to her radio pals. “Let’s tease away.” The three then jokingly riffed—in a cringe-inducing manner familiar to most listeners of American sports radio—on the suggestion that Hernandez was sexually attracted to men. Using football metaphors to insinuate his preference, the men referred to Hernandez as a “tight end on and off the field,” adding, “then he became a wide receiver.” This went on, with McPhee adding that Hernandez kicked “with both feet.”

Does she think everyone who plays football is a kicker? 😆

I didn’t get that line either. She was trying to be funny but came off as ignorant.

The show was unlistenable today. Almost gagged hearing Mutt talk about the piles of toenail clippings in his car. There can be no worse “sports” radio anywhere than right here.

Participant

Outside of a dentist/dr’s office when’s the last time you’ve seen a copy of Newsweek or Time?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I heard a long time ago the Jets played in back to back AFC Championship games.

Here’s a depiction of the Jets’ last Super Bowl appearance.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

That gave me goosebumps, Miz.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Chuck Schick.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Outside of a dentist/dr’s office when’s the last time you’ve seen a copy of Newsweek or Time?

I received Time magazine for almost all  of 2015. I didn’t ask for it, and I didn’t pay for it. One day it just stopped showing up. They never even sent a bill. I guess they were hoping that I’d call them up and pay for it out of some misplaced sense of pity.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

My hopes are that one day, much like the passing of the last Soldier from Pearl Harbor I see a news blurb about the passing of the last person that saw the Jets win the Superbowl in-person. :lol:

jforb
    Participant

I received Time magazine for almost all of 2015. I didn’t ask for it, and I didn’t pay for it. One day it just stopped showing up. They never even sent a bill. I guess they were hoping that I’d call them up and pay for it out of some misplaced sense of pity.

I’ve been getting Men’s Health like that for 6 months and last month suddenly started getting Car and Driver too. Keep going back through statements expecting to find a charge somewhere but I can’t find any.

chicowalker
    Participant

My hopes are that one day, much like the passing of the last Soldier from Pearl Harbor I see a news blurb about the passing of the last person that saw the Jets win the Superbowl in-person. 😆

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Suzy
    Participant

I received Time magazine for almost all of 2015. I didn’t ask for it, and I didn’t pay for it. One day it just stopped showing up. They never even sent a bill. I guess they were hoping that I’d call them up and pay for it out of some misplaced sense of pity.

My mother received “Glamour” for about a year as well. I don’t think they research their audience.

chicowalker
    Participant

My mother received “Glamour” for about a year as well. I don’t think they research their audience.

:ph34r:

Coma
    Participant

Going back to the Bills firing their GM, I can understand that the timing wasn’t a big issue. Aren’t they creating another issue, though: The new GM didn’t hire the current coach. Eventually, the GM will want “his guy,” the current coach will be fired, a new coach will be brought in and then the Pegulas will fire the GM, starting the cycle again.

Lefty

I think the Bills may be hiring as GM a guy that the Coach wants in the position.   If they do that, it raises the question about why a guy with so little experience as this coach gets that kind of juice, but I think it follows the more successful models a little more closely.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

My hopes are that one day, much like the passing of the last Soldier from Pearl Harbor I see a news blurb about the passing of the last person that saw the Jets win the Superbowl in-person. 😆

I think we tried to figure that out last year, given they’re Jets fans its safe to assume they’re unhealthy, not the types that are still active and robust into their 80s and 90s

Claude45
    Participant

Going back to the Bills firing their GM, I can understand that the timing wasn’t a big issue. Aren’t they creating another issue, though: The new GM didn’t hire the current coach. Eventually, the GM will want “his guy,” the current coach will be fired, a new coach will be brought in and then the Pegulas will fire the GM, starting the cycle again.

I think the Bills have bigger problems. The press release from Pegula said “Kim and I……”

It reads like a polite thank you note. “My wife and I would like to thank you for having us over for dinner. It was a wonderful night and we need to do it again sometime.”

“After a thorough review of our football operations over the past several months, Kim and I informed Doug this morning that we will be moving in a new direction,” Bills owner Terry Pegula said in a statement. “We have enjoyed working with Doug.”

I’m pretty sure we don’t have to worry about the Bills and the Sabres for a while.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

On the subject of never ordered magazines, my wife has been getting Oprah magazine for years, somehow Oprah makes the cover each month.

chicowalker
    Participant

Speaking of the Bills coach

+    =

InThisTown
    Participant

Wow  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

And thus was born Adrian Wojnarkdht7fhdkdhski the basketball writer

Suzy
    Participant

Speaking of the Bills coach + =

I’ve always admired Ron Howard–who didn’t hit the looks lottery real big– for letting his dome shine AND foregoing plastic surgery–the guy’s as entrenched in Hollywood as they come yet he looks like an actual, normal person.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

30 for 30 on Woj or Schefter and how they pull shit off would be incredible.

Suzy
    Participant

Wow 😆

“fool’s gold”  

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

And thus was born Adrian Wojnarkdht7fhdkdhski the basketball writer

Going on 3 years since Ray Allen retired so thus died Adrian Wojmohfdthdsky the basketball writer

InThisTown
    Participant

30 for 30 on Woj or Schefter and how they pull shit off would be incredible.

You can’t show cock gobbling like that on basic cable.

Yahtzee
    Participant

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Isn’t it?: J-E-T-E

Jets Jets jets

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I think we tried to figure that out last year, given they’re Jets fans its safe to assume they’re unhealthy, not the types that are still active and robust into their 80s and 90s

We just had the last person born in the 1800’s die this year. It’ll be a while before we rid ourselves of people who saw the Jets win the Soupey.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

We just had the last person born in the 1800’s die this year. It’ll be a while before we rid ourselves of people who saw the Jets win the Soupey.

I can wait. :lol:

BSF34
    Participant

Wow 😆

Wojo bombed.

Wait, what?

LJSandwich
    Participant

That video from the weekend thread of Gammo jamming with Eddie Vedder was great.  Theo is in the corner, wasted, chugging drinks and pointing at people, blowing kisses, and giving the finger.  The best part was right when the song ends, Gammo has to pull his pants up.  Barstool just put up a tweet of Theo closing out a tune by jumping off the drum riser and landing on his ass.

My son went to the Cubs game on Friday night.  Through a teammate he wound up with front row seats that Dombroski owns.  He said he was walking in the concourse and saw a guy staggering towards him.  He ultimately bumped shoulders with him and gave the guy gave him a dumb look and said nothing…that man?  Eddie Vedder.  :lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I think the Bills have bigger problems. The press release from Pegula said “Kim and I……” It reads like a polite thank you note. “My wife and I would like to thank you for having us over for dinner. It was a wonderful night and we need to do it again sometime.” “After a thorough review of our football operations over the past several months, Kim and I informed Doug this morning that we will be moving in a new direction,” Bills owner Terry Pegula said in a statement. “We have enjoyed working with Doug.” I’m pretty sure we don’t have to worry about the Bills and the Sabres for a while.

It’s sweet that Kim’s helping out with the GM search.

Dougie, look at this candidate, says ‘his family wins Super Bowls’, he’s named ‘Lex Lyon.’ Says he wants his brother Lob to be his assistant GM.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s sweet that Kim’s helping out with the GM search.

Amazingly, Woody Johnson might not be the worst owner in the division.

InThisTown
    Participant

“Yes, and…”

Suzy
    Participant

That video from the weekend thread of Gammo jamming with Eddie Vedder was great. Theo is in the corner, wasted, chugging drinks and pointing at people, blowing kisses, and giving the finger. The best part was right when the song ends, Gammo has to pull his pants up. Barstool just put up a tweet of Theo closing out a tune by jumping off the drum riser and landing on his ass. My son went to the Cubs game on Friday night. Through a teammate he wound up with front row seats that Dombroski owns. He said he was walking in the concourse and saw a guy staggering towards him. He ultimately bumped shoulders with him and gave the guy gave him a dumb look and said nothing…that man? Eddie Vedder. 😆

Just watched it.  :ohmy:  

Major Intangibles
    Participant

“Yes, and…”

They’ll then just lie about having been there. Send out Danny Almonte or someone.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

That video from the weekend thread of Gammo jamming with Eddie Vedder was great. Theo is in the corner, wasted, chugging drinks and pointing at people, blowing kisses, and giving the finger. The best part was right when the song ends, Gammo has to pull his pants up. Barstool just put up a tweet of Theo closing out a tune by jumping off the drum riser and landing on his ass. My son went to the Cubs game on Friday night. Through a teammate he wound up with front row seats that Dombroski owns. He said he was walking in the concourse and saw a guy staggering towards him. He ultimately bumped shoulders with him and gave the guy gave him a dumb look and said nothing…that man? Eddie Vedder. 😆

This is interesting, from Portnoy:

. I’ve told this story a thousand times, but the first time I met Theo was a at a house party in Boston. He brought his guitar and was singing Pear Jam to himself in a corner.

Either he did this often (likely) or I was at this same party. This was in 02 IIRC and – I may have told this in an old R%I thread – some guy made a comment to another guy about Trot’s arm and a shitfaced Theo was in earshot and berated the poor guy. It was, as they say today, a bad look.

chicowalker
    Participant

obligatory

doubly because it was Pearl Jam

Participant

I think the Bills have bigger problems. The press release from Pegula said “Kim and I……” It reads like a polite thank you note. “My wife and I would like to thank you for having us over for dinner. It was a wonderful night and we need to do it again sometime.” “After a thorough review of our football operations over the past several months, Kim and I informed Doug this morning that we will be moving in a new direction,” Bills owner Terry Pegula said in a statement. “We have enjoyed working with Doug.” I’m pretty sure we don’t have to worry about the Bills and the Sabres for a while.

It’s sweet that Kim’s helping out with the GM search. “Dougie, look at this candidate, says ‘his family wins Super Bowls’, he’s named ‘Lex Lyon.’ Says he wants his brother Lob to be his assistant GM.

If you loved Mrs. Yawkey, you are really gonna love Mrs. Pizutti-Henry-Bieber down the road.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Fvck LeBron (not ours).

Yahtzee
    Participant

Fvck the Pens too.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

On my doorstep, every week.

Hey! I can’t leave the tablet in the bathroom magazine basket. Doesn’t work for me,

Big Fat O
    Participant

Holher collecting data on Theo? All those Cubs fans must make Powder nervous.

LJSandwich
    Participant

Life is good.

Viewing 49 posts - 51 through 99 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar