Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/16/2017 Daily Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 167 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Ed Hillel 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

I don’t trust anyone whose choice of Patriots cap is not Pat Patriot. Sorry Kevin!

Maybe Kevin does both, like I do? I prefer Pat Patriot, though. Gill is physically repulsive. What a slob.

Kevin actively dislikes Pat Patriot which is the most nutty thing I’ve ever heard.

Actively disliking it is nutty. I don’t dislike it. Once or twice a year throwbacks or on merchandise/fan stuff is fine. But I just want to drown all the commenters who keep clamoring for a permanent return to the old unis/logo in any article or tweet where the subject is mentioned. Flying Elvis is a very strong piece of design work and all their championships have been won with it.

A red alternate of the current uniforms makes most of the clamoring go away.

How about the color rush jersey with white slacks? Suzy, your thoughts?

I have to think about that one, Zip. I’m still reeling over this Kevin news.  :ohmy:  

InThisTown
    Participant

Jesus. His posture is totally befuddling.

The Larry Craig wide stance and then the hunched cro-magnon shoulders. I wouldn’t wear that outfit to cut my grass.

When did he get so fat?

All the fast food/fast casual food. He mentions Panera almost daily.

Plus, he announced he’s no longer working through lunch, so he’s apparently using that additional time to stuff his face. To me, the biggest upset is that he’s not wearing a Bruins hat or t-shirt.

Ummm the Bruins LOST and as far as I know the USA is still undefeated in every war minus the four out of the last five. Joe only associates with winners.

Suzy
    Participant

The Larry Craig wide stance and then the hunched cro-magnon shoulders. I wouldn’t wear that outfit to cut my grass.

When did he get so fat?

Plus, he announced he’s no longer working through lunch, so he’s apparently using that additional time to stuff his face. To me, the biggest upset is that he’s not wearing a Bruins hat or t-shirt.

Why was Chubby working through lunch, again? I’m sure he supplied lengthy posts bitching about it.

Wonder what those cute girls *really* think about him. Can you even IMAGINE the ignorant pontificating/hot takez he must bore them with on a regular basis?!  :weei:

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t understand how the “they won all their titals with this uniform” thing matters. (That’s an SJH original, btw) The 1986 Red Sox road uni is better than the 2004 one.

To wit: the Capitals lone SCF appearance was in those hideous blue, black and gold uniforms. Had they won the uniforms would still be terrible.

The Capitals ’80s Langway-Carpenter era unis were great.

I liked the Sox ’80s era road uni and even the revised one from ’08-’13

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Div
    Participant

Horford was huge in the 3rd. He had 3 big buckets when Washington was unconscious to make sure the score didn’t get out of hand. Jaylen played fine. Just wait until he learns to dribble.

It’s like a deer trying to dribble on ice skates at times. I don’t know that you can play the position any better than Horford has in the playoffs. Pretty clearly the guy who has made it go. Smart was just a monster last night.

Smart gave them a big lift, the guy who had disappeared during the playoffs reappeared again.

How has he disappeared? He’s been their best defensive player this post season.

That foul called on him at the end of the first half when he defended Beal as perfectly as is humanly possible was infuriating.

I loved how Stevens sat Thomas through the middle of the third quarter. Get the better matchups defensively (Bradley was pretty much getting abused by Beal) and then turn Thomas loose offensively when the Washington starters were getting tired. Those were some big buckets by Smart & Horford during that stretch.

Kevin
    Participant

:lol:

If it’s any consolation Suzy, I do like the red shirts. It’s that logo on the white helmet I don’t like.

Claude45
    Participant

When did he get so fat?

Why was Chubby working through lunch, again? I’m sure he supplied lengthy posts bitching about it. Wonder what those cute girls *really* think about him. Can you even IMAGINE the ignorant pontificating/hot takez he must bore them with on a regular basis?! :weei:

It must take about 4 hours just to get through dinner with Gill sending everything back 10 times per meal until it’s acceptable to him. He’s a nightmare everywhere but it would be a new level of hell to be forced on business travel with him.

“I just changed my seat to next to yours on the flight! We can #bufferchat the entire flight! Get it!”

Kevin
    Participant

I do prefer the white 80s Bruins sweater to the black one. That’s all Garden nostalgia, I’ll confess. 😆

The ugly little bear on the shoulders had its charms.

Suzy
    Participant

😆 If it’s any consolation Suzy, I do like the red shirts. It’s that logo on the white helmet I don’t like.

Thanks, Kevin. I *do* feel a bit better!    Makes sense.

Hey, pretty cool that you guys got shirts, btw. I never recall any freebies ( :ozzy: /Joe Gill) when we had season tickets. That was quite a while ago, though.

I swear, some of the best/most durable Pats gear I have came from Walmart (yes I admit it) and discount stores like TJMaxx.

Greek Freak
    Participant

Some 3-star hotel in Austin is about to get a crappy review on Trip Advisor for not being the Ritz Carlton.

I quickly read that as a 3-some at some hotel in Austin.

He wouldn’t get that lucky with fistfuls of $100 bills with those 2 he is with.

Suzy
    Participant

Some 3-star hotel in Austin is about to get a crappy review on Trip Advisor for not being the Ritz Carlton.

I quickly read that as a 3-some at some hotel in Austin. He wouldn’t get that lucky with fistfuls of $100 bills with those 2 he is with.

The fact that a woman has actually had sex with Joe Gill is astounding.  :puke:

Ironhead
    Participant

They played Sean Grande’s game-ending monologue at the start of Felger and Mazz.  What an over-the-top, pontificating asshole in love with his own voice.

jforb
    Participant

They played Sean Grande’s game-ending monologue at the start of Felger and Mazz. What an over-the-top, pontificating asshole in love with his own voice.

I did like completely ignoring the Pats win in between the one he was talking about and now.

NASCL
    Participant

I gave the Hi-Lo pic a +1 and then noticed Gill in it about 30 seconds later. :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

I gave the Hi-Lo pic a +1 and then noticed Gill in it about 30 seconds later. 😆

I didn’t catch him at first glance either. I was gonna complain about that stupid picture. 

Big Fat O
    Participant

They played Sean Grande’s game-ending monologue at the start of Felger and Mazz. What an over-the-top, pontificating asshole in love with his own voice.

Bingo! He’s trying to hard to be a Jim Nance clone. He thinks he’s going to be remembered like Johnny Most with all this bull shit.

Gorman has chunks of Grande in his stool.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Is he on tip-toes, or is that as vertical as he can get?   :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

I gave the Hi-Lo pic a +1 and then noticed Gill in it about 30 seconds later. 😆

Me too!

Although I didn’t actually notice him in it until I read your post.

Speaking of giveaways, the green t-shirts last night were pretty high quality; particularly for a freebie.

InThisTown
    Participant

Imagine if Joe Gill’s wife found this place?  :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

I quickly read that as a 3-some at some hotel in Austin. He wouldn’t get that lucky with fistfuls of $100 bills with those 2 he is with.

” The Yellow Rose #Epic Fail! The stripper took my Patriots Hat and put it on her boobs! How dare she disrepect the hat! Spoke to the owner and he gave us free tee shirts! Got my service back.”

InThisTown
    Participant

I’m not going to read a Ringer oral history on the Knicks-Heat brawl from the 97 playoffs but isn’t that just the PJ Brown-Ward thing? Nothing else happened right? But hey, twenty years, gotta do an oral history. Guess they’ll do another next year on the fight with Zo-LJ that was actually more interesting.

NASCL
    Participant

Imagine if Joe Gill’s wife found this place? 😆

If this board was entirely devoted to Gill, I’d probably post more.

I get a hop in my step when he’s called out for yet another idiotic thing and the board proceeds to toast him.

And back in 2003 Bruce thought that Shaughnessey and Borges would be his creation’s main targets?

BSF34
    Participant

Anybody else hear this?

Wait, what?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Cripes, that was 20 years ago?  :blink: Fuck I’m old.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar