Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/2/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 151 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

And if somebody messages Mike Lupica and says they heard a drunk yell the N word at Adam Jones…what is he going to do? Write a children’s book about it?

Mondays with Morrie

Green33
    Participant
    Joe only had to fork over $550 for this gem.

I love fat bikes, but this thing is obviously a complete piece of shit. The Schwinn Biggity is a re-branded Mongoose fat bike, which you can get at Walmart for $250. So basically Joe paid a $300 premium for some queer stickers on a horrible, heavy bike that he will never ride.

What’s their purpose? Sand, snow, mud? I’ve seen people riding them in groups where everyone else has a mountain bike and can’t tell why someone would choose the fat bike.

I’d love one for riding in the snow.  Studded tires are great on ice but useless in the deep stuff.  I’ve ridden with guys who are on them year-round….and I have no idea why.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Green33.

InThisTown
    Participant

And if somebody messages Mike Lupica and says they heard a drunk yell the N word at Adam Jones…what is he going to do? Write a children’s book about it?

Mondays with Morrie

Jesus  :lol:

Chuck Schick
    Participant
    Joe only had to fork over $550 for this gem.

I love fat bikes, but this thing is obviously a complete piece of shit. The Schwinn Biggity is a re-branded Mongoose fat bike, which you can get at Walmart for $250. So basically Joe paid a $300 premium for some queer stickers on a horrible, heavy bike that he will never ride.

What’s their purpose? Sand, snow, mud? I’ve seen people riding them in groups where everyone else has a mountain bike and can’t tell why someone would choose the fat bike.

They’re great in the snow. I bought one for the winter and ended up riding it year-round. Just a different type of ride, tons of grip and some extra height to roll over stuff. If you get a nice one, they’re not much heavier than a regular full-suspension bike.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’d love one for riding in the snow.  Studded tires are great on ice but useless in the deep stuff.

Taken “in toto”, I don’t quite understand these sentences, but many of their component words set off both my Google alerts and my, say, “spider sense”, as it were, which, much like young Parker in the comics of yore, is “tingling”, along with other parts of my person

LJSandwich
    Participant

Sam Kennedy broke down the 30 something fans tossed out last night…only 20 were for drinking…step up your game “Red Sox Nation”…I prefer all my racist Sox fans to be lubed up. :lol:

Green33
    Participant

I’d love one for riding in the snow. Studded tires are great on ice but useless in the deep stuff. Taken “in toto”, I don’t quite understand these sentences, but many of their component words set off both my Google alerts and my, say, “spider sense”, as it were, which, much like young Parker in the comics of yore, is “tingling”, along with other parts of my person

There’s a joke in there somewhere about a special seat….

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

I’d love one for riding in the snow. Studded tires are great on ice but useless in the deep stuff. Taken “in toto”, I don’t quite understand these sentences, but many of their component words set off both my Google alerts and my, say, “spider sense”, as it were, which, much like young Parker in the comics of yore, is “tingling”, along with other parts of my person

There’s a joke in there somewhere about a special seat….

in the saddle to a farethewell!

Hacksaw
    Participant

Y, Y

She just grabbed his ass.

Coma
    Participant

This is off today’s main topic and really late, but the gears turn slowly when they bother to turn at all: It occurred to me today that when Brady makes a nice gesture to a grieving family, the media makes sure to note that this does not Brady a saint. Meanwhile, when Eli Manning is implicated in memorabilia fraud, the main reaction by the media was to point out Manning’s unquestioned character, ethics and class.

I wonder how those two reactions fit into the nobility that PK believes his profession possesses.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Xxx_Xxxxx is on it. Don’t worry

Tom Pepper
    Participant

This is off today’s main topic and really late, but the gears turn slowly when they bother to turn at all: It occurred to me today that when Brady makes a nice gesture to a grieving family, the media makes sure to note that this does not Brady a saint. Meanwhile, when Eli Manning is implicated in memorabilia fraud, the main reaction by the media was to point out Manning’s unquestioned character, ethics and class.

I wonder how those two reactions fit into the nobility that PK believes his profession possesses.

Well you are in luck, my friend, because Fatty felt compelled to share some thoughts today about said noble profession. It’s as bad as you would guess.

Participant

Medfield, you take Melnea Cass all the way to 109 and head west…… “our” city

Ironhead
    Participant

Great – now she’s gonna give him every VD known to man.

Participant

Lupica found someone to answer him.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/227811194/adam-jones-fenway-park-racism-fans

It sounds like a lot was happening here, I can’t figure out how in 2017 when people whip their phones out at dual rainbows and what not, no video of any of what’s described in the article has come out yet.

Beaker
    Participant

Tonight on Ya Heard? With Perd, we’ll talk about epithets, which is a term that I have heard people use. 

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Beaker.

In the choice of Xxx Xxxxx or racist, Boston’s better off being racist.

Lebron
    Participant

Was it last year that Gammo wrote something about racist shit being said to players at Fenway and more than a few people who were there said that didn’t happen?

That’s what I was thinking about.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m glad I don’t have tickets tonight. Do I have to stand for him on Thursday?

Participant

And tomorrow, the Red Sox, NESN and the Media can spend the day patting each other on the back because Adam Jones got a  standing o tonight.

Surprised NESN isn’t selling sponsorship rights to it.

Participant

Oh Peter, go eff yourself, you employ al breer

Finally, I asked Werder: “Who are you mad at?”

“I’m mad at the people who don’t value real reporting,” he said.

Join the club.

Coma
    Participant

“You know me” – That’s not helping the situation. At all.

On the subject of “at all,” I’m pretty sure I read a post last week about AlmostCoach Craig appearing on one of the local stations to talk about the NFL draft. He’s still unemployed, right? So, how does he get on the radio? It would be like me saying, if I had my own sports talk show, “After the break, we talk some baseball with my brother-in-law, who’s a big Mets fan.”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Y, Y

Love her shoes. :wub: You have to have slender, shapely ankles to rock that style.

Bill’s Tie length and cuffs are spot on….Linda looks good, but might need to go in for a lift on the after markets in the near future. 😆

Bill traded away this year’s lift job until after the 2018 bye week.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Chief
    Participant

No.  God help us.  Jen Royle is not who we are.

“We’re not racist, Adam. We’re petty, spoiled, vapid, talentless, vindictive,  self-entitled, self-aggrandizing, delusional,  vulgar, disgusting, narcissistic, perpetually-playing-the-victim, validation-craving, aging whores. But we’re not racist.”

LJSandwich
    Participant

Adam Jones said if they find the racist guy, he would like to fight him.  That will really help things.  He’s a dink and has been for a long time.

Kevin
    Participant

So much for the “I’ve been to X number of Red Sox games and never heard it!” argument.

In the aftermath of the incident involving racial taunts directed at Orioles center fielder Adam Jones on Monday night, the Red Sox’ front office met with the team on Tuesday.

During the meeting it was acknowledged players have heard racial slurs at Fenway Park in the past.

“Yes. Yes,” Red Sox president Sam Kennedy said before Tuesday’s game. “Our players acknowledged in our meeting that they have heard inappropriate remarks in this ballpark, in other ballparks. Again, that’s why I opened my remarks today to say how saddened and disappointed I am to hear that. Our players have acknowledged that and boy, they were so great to take the time to meet with us and help us think through how we work with our operations team to do our best to eject these fans and we’ve considered taking further steps.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

I hope the Globe has the resources and fortitude to confront a malignant problem that has festered for far too long.
    Fenway Park and the Red Sox organization is the most institutionally racist in the country. History and events state clearly that they are multiple offenders for well
    over 100 years. Contrast the deplorable scenes at Fenway with the genuine inclusivity and tolerance that are practiced and celebrated at Gillette and TD Garden. To ignore this festering wound would be irresponsible and not healthy to a club tarnished with Yawkey, Higgins, Winter Haven Elks, and Pumpsie Green. It’s time to get Fenway to
    integrate itself into the 21st century and leave behind it’s shameful confederate past.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Sale strikes out first two guys then first pitch to Machado thrown behind him. Sale looks like he is steaming angry out there if he does it again he will probably be tossed.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

For a franchise that hasn’t won shit since 1983, the Orioles sure whine a lot.  And that goes for their manager, too, who has won ZERO pennants in a career that goes back 25 years (with two stints at ESPN between being fired by the D-backs and Rangers).

Earl Weaver is dead.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

For a franchise that hasn’t won shit since 1983, the Orioles sure whine a lot. And that goes for their manager, too, who has won ZERO pennants in a career that goes back 25 years (with two stints at ESPN between being fired by the D-backs and Rangers). Earl Weaver is dead.

Not to mention teams he was fired from went on to win the WS the year after he was canned twice.

Feejis
    Participant

Yes, the human cesspool that was born and raised in mansfield and probably let a 15 year old tomase stick it up her pooper is the model all Bostonians should be held to.

Participant

Sox are 3-5 and had today’s events since Brady hit piece was published.

Participant

Back to back

@Nepdloyko Was hoping Leon missed that throw so Sale could get 4Ks this inning

@DacidWade Wish he was safe. Wanted to see one of those 4 strikeout innings. #RedSox

Bianca must have been the brains of that operation.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Sam Kennedy saved Red Sox Nation!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Rob Bradford blows and is ruining my Red Sox broadcast.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Nobody should be named Otto

Yahtzee
    Participant

I hope the Globe has the resources and fortitude to confront a malignant problem that has festered for far too long.
    Fenway Park and the Red Sox organization is the most institutionally racist in the country. History and events state clearly that they are multiple offenders for well
    over 100 years. Contrast the deplorable scenes at Fenway with the genuine inclusivity and tolerance that are practiced and celebrated at Gillette and TD Garden. To ignore this festering wound would be irresponsible and not healthy to a club tarnished with Yawkey, Higgins, Winter Haven Elks, and Pumpsie Green. It’s time to get Fenway to
    integrate itself into the 21st century and leave behind it’s shameful confederate past.

Renee Graham has already written to tell us how to feel. We’re all horrible racists.

On an unrelated note, giddyup Celtics!

Lefty

Feejis crearing the visual of Tomase sodomizing Xxx Xxxxx may be the beginning of the end of the universe.

Life as we know it can never be the same now.

chicowalker
    Participant

Gortat looks like this guy made sentient

Yahtzee
    Participant

“Chris” just can’t be chanted the way “Pedro” or “Papi” can.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I hope the Globe has the resources and fortitude to confront a malignant problem that has festered for far too long. Fenway Park and the Red Sox organization is the most institutionally racist in the country. History and events state clearly that they are multiple offenders for well over 100 years. Contrast the deplorable scenes at Fenway with the genuine inclusivity and tolerance that are practiced and celebrated at Gillette and TD Garden. To ignore this festering wound would be irresponsible and not healthy to a club tarnished with Yawkey, Higgins, Winter Haven Elks, and Pumpsie Green. It’s time to get Fenway to integrate itself into the 21st century and leave behind it’s shameful confederate past.

Renee Graham has already written to tell us how to feel. We’re all horrible racists. On an unrelated note, giddyup Celtics!

So isn’t he. You live here your one so maybe he should move.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Little Guy is something else.

Claude45
    Participant

Every pick by Gortat is a foul. He’s just grabbing and kicking. It’s ugly and nice to see that go against him.

Kevin
    Participant

Ernie Adams using a flip phone, because of course he does.

NASCL
    Participant

I liked Joel Otto…and all members if the ’89 Flames for winning the Cup in Montreal.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Tie game, 14 seconds left. I wonder if anyone has ever intentional fouled in this situation to get the ball with a chance to hit a three to win?

Kevin
    Participant

:lol: Just a bit short on that game-winner.

Feejis
    Participant

Nobody should be named Otto

Kevin
    Participant

Wow, that was great.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar