Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/23/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 134 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Claude45
    Participant

I hope the end result of all this asinine tinkering with the OT rules leads to the Pats winning the toss in a game next year against a league sacred cow. Then going on a 10 minute drive to kick a field goal as time expires. A three point win with only one team possessing the ball. Perfection.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I hope the end result of all this asinine tinkering with the OT rules leads to the Pats winning the toss in a game next year against a league sacred cow. Then going on a 10 minute drive to kick a field goal as time expires. A three point win with only one team possessing the ball. Perfection.

Is it possible to have one offseason without any rules changes? Just one. That’s all I want.

Eight losing seasons, and three of them belong to Parcells and BB.

That’s a great argument to make to the “put Parcells in the Pats Hall” crowd. Four seasons, and two of them they didn’t even reach seven wins. Raymond Berry only had one year below .500

Claude45
    Participant

Tweets of Dante Scarnecchia leading a meeting are hitting my time line. The most unsurprising thing is that he still uses an overhead projector.

The NFL is getting its collective ass kicked by a bunch of guys who use photos on the sideline, overhead slides, flip phones and can’t set the clock in their car.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Eight losing seasons, and three of them belong to Parcells and BB.

That’s a great argument to make to the “put Parcells in the Pats Hall” crowd. Four seasons, and two of them they didn’t even reach seven wins. Raymond Berry only had one year below .500

Berry is underrated and partially forgotten, and I’m definitely not a Parcells PHOF guy. Fuck those people.

But BP did take over the worst team in the League and in 4 years had the Cerebral Statue within 7 points of the Lombardi Trophy in the second half of 31. I do think Parcells should get some blame for sliding back to 6-10 in ’95. They should have been better than that considering their personnel. And of course, blame for being a dick on the way out the door.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I think Sheldon is about to commit suicide

Suzy
    Participant

Jerry has the taste of a vagrant.

Haven’t you heard his “jokes”? Godfather has a bad third wheel and I’d still include it. High average.

Dark Knight LOTR Star Wars OT Godfather Man With No Name Indiana Jones on the outside looking in.

I think I’m one of the few who enjoyed the Hobbit trilogy more than the LOTR. Although is it really a trilogy if it’s just one story broken up into 3 parts?

Yes, I would think you would be one of the few. :ohmy:

I think they got a bad rap. If I’m flipping channels and see any of the 6 movies are on, I’ll almost always tune in. Of course I do the same thing with Armageddon and That Thing You Do, so your mileage may vary. 😆

I love That Thing You Do!

Kevin
    Participant

Who doesn’t love That Thing You Do! ?

Suzy
    Participant

Who doesn’t love That Thing You Do! ?

Oh, good! I thought I was gonna have to defend it.  :ohmy:

I even like the song. 

Sorry, Girls–he’s taken!

ETA: Or is it, Sorry, Girls–he’s engaged!

Steve Zahn has had such a great career. Johnathon Schaech (the hot, moody, actually talented one of the group), not so much.

ETA: I take it back. Looks like they’ve both done pretty well.

InThisTown
    Participant

It’s gotta be like 98% on the Tomatometer  :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Berry The Bears!

I liked that he was selling real estate when they brought him in to replace Meyer after Meyer fired Rust after they lost to the Dolphins but Meyer didn’t have the authority to fire him so they fired Meyer.  Sullivan mayhem at its finest.

Suzy
    Participant

It’s gotta be like 98% on the Tomatometer 😆

Oh, ok. What do I know. Feejis started it!  

Feejis
    Participant

Hey, all I said was I’ll tune in if I flip past it.

InThisTown
    Participant

I was arguing on Saturday night that every guy likes Tombstone and Caddyshack.  Maybe that is just ones of a certain age on the former.

Lebron
    Participant

One of those movies I’m fully aware of but never saw.

Kmac
    Participant

Another member of America’s first family has died too young.

RIP Cortez Kennedy. 48

Participant

Another member of America’s first family has died too young. RIP Cortez Kennedy. 48

No 30 for 30 Part 6 on “The U”  for him.

Suzy
    Participant

Hmmpph, you said it in a derogatory way, like what do you know, you even re-watch TTYD!   :pk:

Feejis
    Participant

Hmmpph, you said it in a derogatory way, like what do you know, you even re-watch TTYD. :pk:

No derision intended. It’s clearly Steve Zahn’s best work.

Speaking of Zahn and the other guy who played drums,  Alicia Silverstone is in the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. She’s playing moms now.

Lebron
    Participant

Another member of America’s first family has died too young. RIP Cortez Kennedy. 48

Klosterman will tie him into a book about all the grunge guys dying.

Kevin
    Participant

I always like when Tom Hanks throws Peter Scolari a bone. Like equals, Jerry!

Suzy
    Participant

Hmmpph, you said it in a derogatory way, like what do you know, you even re-watch TTYD. :pk:

No derision intended. It’s clearly Steve Zahn’s best work. Speaking of Zahn and the other guy who played drums, Alicia Silverstone is in the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. She’s playing moms now.

Zahn is really good in “Shattered Glass,” too. Highly recommend if you haven’t seen it already–it’s about a plagiarism scandal. Really good cast & acting and a compelling story.

Caught “Joy Ride” not too long ago (again). A very young Zahn is fun to watch.

Suzy
    Participant

I think that every single time I see Peter Scolari in anything. 

He played Hannah (Lena Dunham’s) father who decides he’s gay quite late in life in “Girls.” He was pretty good. Did Hanks co-produce that show or something?

Lebron
    Participant

Happy, Texas is an entertaining Zahn movie.

InThisTown
    Participant

I think that every single time I see Peter Scolari in anything. He played Hannah (Lena Dunham’s) father who decides he’s gay quite late in life in “Girls.” He was pretty good. Did Hanks co-produce that show or something?

“decides he’s gay quite late in life”  :lol:

Sorry not quite believing this is a storyline from that show.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar