Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 5/9/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 92 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  TJM 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Does the evident fact that Ray Allen pissed off his Celtic teammates truly need the attention it’s getting?

Lefty

I am sure Kirk and Callaclan invite Dennis whenever they get together.

InThisTown
    Participant

Does the evident fact that Ray Allen pissed off his Celtic teammates truly need the attention it’s getting?

Umm. Yeah. Also, the board was on this years ago when the media was telling us how great a guy he was.

Kevin
    Participant

Big Baby is now Huge Baby.

Kevin
    Participant

Why was there a Ray Lewis shirt on the set?

InThisTown
    Participant

People who have been on the show with him. There’s a Moss jersey as well.

Kevin
    Participant

Listened to the Simmons podcast because it was about the media and I wanted to hear what he said about the ESPN layoffs. He didn’t say much.

But I like when he goes back to “like in Boston…” and then proceeds to pretend like he still knows anything here locally.

He said that both radio stations get like forty times the listeners that ESPN radio does, because people in Boston would rather listen about why Xander Bogaerts isn’t hitting home runs than about Lebron or Golden State.

Nah, they’d apparently rather hear about Alex Guerrero or if you can say the N word at Fenway.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I kind of love that they’re going to extend this grudge to their graves.

Participant

Listened to the Simmons podcast because it was about the media and I wanted to hear what he said about the ESPN layoffs. He didn’t say much. But I like when he goes back to “like in Boston…” and then proceeds to pretend like he still knows anything here locally. He said that both radio stations get like forty times the listeners that ESPN radio does, because people in Boston would rather listen about why Xander Bogaerts isn’t hitting home runs than about Lebron or Golden State. Nah, they’d apparently rather hear about Alex Guerrero or if you can say the N word at Fenway.

And the gay stuff, Brady’s charity efforts, Eddie Money and Jagr impressions it’s really the golden age of radio in this town right now when you have Mut, Trenni and Reimer going head to head with the dinks from Atlanta  :weei:   :weei:   :weei:   :weei:   :weei:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Like August Wilson would write a play about it if he was still alive.

Kevin
    Participant

I guess it’s only me who was fascinated by some offbrand Portnoy blogger who calls himself Turtle Boy and his readers “turtle riders”, and once had business cards made up that claimed he has the hottest sports and entertainment takes. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Doesn’t local sports talk radio beat national sports talk radio in every town, not just Boston?

Kevin
    Participant

InThisTown
    Participant

“I was hacked”

Participant

With all that OCD shit, Ray must be a real pain in the arse to play golf with.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be better revenge to invite Ray but then have all the utensils set down in the incorrect order?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Umm. Yeah. Also, the board was on this years ago when the media was telling us how great a guy he was.

GolfWRXOCD had that years ago.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

Did I hear they were supposed to take questions from Twitter?

Should have seen in a pic of Diabeetle and say, “KG, this guy once said on the radio that you were out of shape.”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I guess it’s only me who was fascinated by some offbrand Portnoy blogger who calls himself Turtle Boy and his readers “turtle riders”, and once had business cards made up that claimed he has the hottest sports and entertainment takes. 😆

‘Offbrand Portnoy blogger’  :lol:

Is he selling ‘Fridays 6-Midnight are for the Turtle Riders’ t-shirts?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

I guess it’s only me who was fascinated by some offbrand Portnoy blogger who calls himself Turtle Boy and his readers “turtle riders”, and once had business cards made up that claimed he has the hottest sports and entertainment takes. 😆

He’s kind of Callahany but I like the posts about mall fights and the tours of shithole MA towns

Kevin
    Participant

As much as I like Chris Price and thought it sucked that he got shitcanned, I can’t listen to a podcast that is half Don Banks.

The smarm factor coming from him is off the charts.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

As much as I like Chris Price and thought it sucked that he got shitcanned, I can’t listen to a podcast that is half Don Banks.

The smarm factor coming from him is off the charts.

Agreed. Gave it a shot but I’m out after the first two. Brasco blows.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

‘Offbrand Portnoy blogger’ 😆

ShurFine Portnoy

InThisTown
    Participant

In things that probably only annoy me: Fatty when he calls him Banks – my buddy Don “Donnie Brasco” Banks. 

Putting aside that calling a fucking sportswriter Donnie Brasco like he’s some badass is the most randall thing ever, the repetition of Don and Donnie is fucking enraging.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

hotsportztakez no thanks

Uxbridge gypsy church with these hall of fame dirtbags, hell yeah

Is The Uxbridge Gyspy Church Of End Times Back In Business? We Called Today To Find Out!!

the mullets, the acid washed jeans, it looks like a Vegas magician fell on hard times and had to become a carny

Participant

:ohmy: Long haired Lou Merloni :ohmy:

Suzy
    Participant

Did I hear they were supposed to take questions from Twitter? Should have seen in a pic of Diabeetle and say, “KG, this guy once said on the radio that you were out of shape.”

BSF34
    Participant

:ohmy: Long haired Lou Merloni :ohmy:

Damn

Wait, what?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Time to listen to another podcast.

“Hi this is Hang Up and Listen, the Slate sports podcast.  Today we’ll have on our show Howard Bryant to discuss the history of racism in Boston sports, and whether it’s fair to-”

[Delete]

InThisTown
    Participant

Howard of course had his appearance on “Hang Up and Listen To Me, Bitch” dismissed.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Hernandez murder conviction about to get thrown out, judge saying Comm. o’ Mass is full of shit

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

vacated, and the state will be dismissing the other ongoing cases

Lefty

Well, the law is the law and we follow it whether we like it or…..well….ok, I will show myself out.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Jesus, what a site. TurtleBoy is plugged into the worst humanity has to offer.

middlebury03.5
    Participant

YOURE RICH

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I go to check out my Twitter alter-ego to find

Turtle Boy Sports has followed you

…Annnnd scene.

Suzy
    Participant

YOURE RICH

I’m intrigued by his round, almost girly style of penmanship. Not what I’d expect from him. And his grammar isn’t perfect but it’s not the worst I’ve ever seen, either.

InThisTown
    Participant

I go to check out my Twitter alter-ego to find Turtle Boy Sports has followed you …Annnnd scene.

No that’s another hilarious parody account originating from here.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

there’s one where he’s reviewing a Springfield strip club, that while obviously NSFW is fantastic

TwoTimes
    Participant

They’re all the same guy, right?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m intrigued by his round, almost girly style of penmanship. Not what I’d expect from him. And his grammar isn’t perfect but it’s not the worst I’ve ever seen, either.

Suzy  :lol:

The fashion police suicide note analysis. I’m dying over here :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Suzy :lol: The fashion police suicide note analysis. I’m dying over here :lol:

Didn’t think of it that way!  

InThisTown
    Participant

YOURE RICH

I’m actually impressed by the incorrect hyphenation of soulmate. I mean, he knows what a hyphen is. Definitely not a total dummy, and probably an insight into his sociopathy and wannabegangster persona.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Ray Lewis, Ray Allen, Beta Ray Bill … whatever.

chicowalker
    Participant

What kind of thug drops Savage Garden references into his letters?  Was Air Supply too edgy?

Suzy
    Participant

YOURE RICH

I’m actually impressed by the incorrect hyphenation of soulmate. I mean, he knows what a hyphen is. Definitely not a total dummy, and probably an insight into his sociopathy and wannabegangster persona.

Exactly, FWL! Well said.

I was impressed with the incorrect hyphen as well. He has a clue.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

What kind of thug drops Savage Garden references into his letters?

The sensitive kind. The one who loves cuddling and walks along the beach.

Feejis
    Participant

Anyone have any idea what AH’s NFL pension would be? Certainly wouldn’t make her rich but lawsuits couldn’t touch that $$.

InThisTown
    Participant

In which twitter will pretend to care about the life of Odin Lloyd.

InThisTown
    Participant

Anyone have any idea what AH’s NFL pension would be? Certainly wouldn’t make her rich but lawsuits couldn’t touch that $$.

The pension would appear to be $1410 a month.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar