Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/10/19 – 6/16/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 208 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

Ok, so much national media love for the Blues in this game tonight, which I don’t get (except the “anyone but Boston” stuff)

I think this particular Bruins team, with one game to win to win it all, puts it together at both ends and wins this one tonight. Something like 5-2.

Agreed. I think people are seeing what they want to see. STL has definitely played well enough at times but they have not controlled the series or anything of the sort. Bruins have been convincing for two of their 3 wins and I’d argue 2/3 of game 1 and chunks of game 4 and 5 also.

The Blues Neanderthal style and Coach is giving people warm fuzzy feelings but they are pretty much maxed out in terms of how they can play and when the Bruins are on they are no match at all.

We shall see if Berube essentially putting a bounty out on the Bruins tonight has an impact.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Game 1 of the 1970 Final.

3 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Ok, so much national media love for the Blues in this game tonight, which I don’t get (except the “anyone but Boston” stuff)

I think this particular Bruins team, with one game to win to win it all, puts it together at both ends and wins this one tonight. Something like 5-2.

Agreed. I think people are seeing what they want to see. STL has definitely played well enough at times but they have not controlled the series or anything of the sort. Bruins have been convincing for two of their 3 wins and I’d argue 2/3 of game 1 and chunks of game 4 and 5 also.

The Blues Neanderthal style and Coach is giving people warm fuzzy feelings but they are pretty much maxed out in terms of how they can play and when the Bruins are on they are no match at all.

We shall see if Berube essentially putting a bounty out on the Bruins tonight has an impact.

If the Bruins don’t lose Grzelcyk in Game 2 and Chara in Game 4, then I don’t think we have a Game 7, and that’s without griping about the non-call in Game 5. Blues have had everything go right to win the games they’ve won. When that doesn’t happen, the Bruins win because they’re the better team. Everything was set up for the Blues to win Game 6, but they didn’t get the break they needed. Bruins have shown they make their own breaks.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It’s really bizarre that folks think that Ortiz could be involved with that banner waving thing tonight. He’s in the ICU. Have they ever been to an ICU?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

I think the Red Sox would play better if they could hear the disappointment in Joe Castiglione’s voice like the rest of us.

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

This is where Felger comes in and calls Ortiz a pussy if he doesn’t show up.

NASCL
    Participant

Apparently the Bruins got Tim Thomas out of the bunker.

Participant

Bill Belichick shot Kyle Van Noy in the face with a paintball gun during the team’s paintballing trip on Monday 😂https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/bill-belichick-shot-kyle-van-noy-face-paintball-gun 

“Van Noy embellished and changed his face level Doc.”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Can’t wait to see if he still has that cheesy mustache.

NASCL
    Participant

More like.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Maybe he’ll look like Bigfoot from the Stern show it is.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m wary of Grzelcyk’s impact but Clifton has been progressively getting worse and isn’t playing much the last couple of games.

Lebron
    Participant

The Bears waived kicker Chris Blewitt on Wednesday after all three kickers who participated in Tuesday’s mandatory minicamp practice missed their respective 42-yard field goal attempts in front of the entire team and approximately 25 Bears alumni who had gathered at the team facility to watch the workout.

They still haven’t figured out a kicker yet?  Doing it front of the entire team and ‘alumni’ is real hardo stuff.  Meanwhile let’s all kevetch that Bill has this shit figured out and decided to play paintball with the boys.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

They had a kicker named Blew It?

4 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I’m wary of Grzelcyk’s impact but Clifton has been progressively getting worse and isn’t playing much the last couple of games.

I think Grzelcyk does a better job getting the puck out of the zone which has been the biggest problem lately. If that’s the only thing that improves with him in, that’s enough.

NASCL
    Participant

Krug and Clifton were a white knuckler for a good portion of Game 6.

NASCL
    Participant

No Game 7 for Tara Sullivan.

Hamilton tickets.

Participant

Hamilton tickets.

Willie McDonough is spinning in his grave.

jforb
    Participant

Hamilton tickets.

Nice nothing better than a home game 7 column to go with that today. Unless it’s closing night, how do you not find a way to swap tickets?

Lebron
    Participant

Much like with Titantic, these broads get that Burr shoots Hamilton dead right?

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Wordpress (rightly for once) considers the direct link spam.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Headed to watch the game with my dad at my childhood home. Hockey was our first and foremost interest as a family when I was a kid. With my mom’s Alzheimer’s, she’s in bed early and he’s largely watching these games by himself.

This could be the last run we get to experience with the Bs and no better environment than a game 7. We’ll have some burgers and cokes and hope for the win – these guys have been great to watch all year and I hope they come through.

BrianInLA
    Participant

That’s awesome!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hoping for multiple Feejis Family high fives.

Sorry about mom. Been there.

Lefty

WTF is with Aly Reisman?   Why in the holy hell would they pick her ONCE, never mind twice.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar