Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/10/19 – 6/16/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 208 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 209 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m not liking their chances. :-(

Big Fat O
    Participant

That sucked. Kyrie opted out so that will fill the airwaves after a day or two.

Thank god for satellite radio.

Lefty

As much as we have been lucky with wins, we’ve had to sit through 3 SB losses and 2 Cup losses in the past 12 years.     I get that they we lucky for our teams to be there but still sucks.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Thank God I have up sports radio years ago.   Now, I just have to avoid all  people……

jforb
    Participant

Thank fuck my cousin and his St. Louis-born wife are still out there and haven’t come back here for the summer yet, she must be insufferable right now.

chicowalker
    Participant

The 2011 Celtics game 7 sucked as well

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So how is the Bruins outlook going forward? They seem like a good mix of age and youth but I know very little.

Lefty

Great point, I blocked that one out.

Lefty

So how is the Bruins outlook going forward? They seem like a good mix of age and youth but I know very little.

Good, but their division is going to destroy each other for years to come.  And playoffs make you come out of your division first.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Great point, I blocked that one out.

And don’t forget Barbaro.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’m willing to bet my immortal soul that Binnington can be had tonight

It was nice knowing you.

Lebron
    Participant

I quit with 7 minutes left.  As Lefty said no fucking way I’m watching these assholes skate the Cup.  Motherfucker.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

My immortal soul is fucked. On another board I bet it that Tukka wouldn’t end up with a 0.800 save % in game 7. :wall: His Legacy took a massive hit tonight. He went from Cup champ and Conn Smythe winner to 2-time finals loser in just a few hours.

its unfair but it seems Rask is likely to go down as the guy who gave up 2 goals to he Blackhawks  in 0:17 and shit he bed in game 7 vs the Blues

I’m flabbergasted at what I saw tonight. They started strong and just faded away after giving up the first goal.

Gimp
    Participant

I could handle losing a game 7 in a decent game. Hockey is a funny sport, and pucks bounce funny.

That was an embarrassing display. Just pathetic.

Humphrey
    Participant

I could handle losing a game 7 in a decent game. Hockey is a funny sport, and pucks bounce funny.

Goal #2 was the killer …what was Marchand or anyone else thinking making a line change (starting at) under 15 seconds left? 0-1 wasn’t going to hold up.

NASCL
    Participant

Life goes on.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Will be interesting to see what injuries finally filter out today from the Bruins.  I assume Bergeron has been injured for much of the playoffs.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see Marchand with something, too.

NASCL
    Participant

Did Kara Sullivan tweet anything about how Hamilton ended?

Participant

Yay Pandora, Spotify and Sirius.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Goal #2 was the killer …what was Marchand or anyone else thinking making a line change (starting at) under 15 seconds left? 0-1 wasn’t going to hold up.

I’m ignorant of the mechanics of line changes. Do the coaches call for them or do the players decide? I’m also surprised a player would change as the puck is being dumped into your own zone.

GusChiggins
    Participant

You must’ve watched a different game than me. I thought the Bruins played a great first period outside of that last second gaffe. If Marchand’s shot is a little more to the left they go up 1-0 early. The rest of the game was fairly even, the Blues scored on their great chances.

Also don’t get the Rask shit the bed comment. He made a couple nice saves, I didn’t think he gave up a sofTTie but I’m not a great judge of that.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I get that the C’s want to keep Tatum in any Davis deal, especially since Davis will likely leave.  I do think that now is a good time to sell high on Tatum.  I know he’s young, blah blah blah. He does not project as a guy that is going to be able to get by his man at this level. I think he may get exposed a bit this year if called upon to create his own shot. I’d be elated to be wrong, but I’m pessimistic. I’m thinking more Rashard Lewis than Kevin Durant.

I paid no attention to what Manish said in the tweet. I’m just mesmerized by the animated gif of Hardo Williams here:

Coma
    Participant

If you had told me before the series that the Bruins would go 1-3 at home in the series, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Has Almost-A-Coach minimized the Blues’ victory by pointing out that they relied on a hot goaltender in game 7 or that St. Louis was lucky to have avoided Tampa Bay in the final series? For consistency’s sake, I hope he has.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m ignorant of the mechanics of line changes. Do the coaches call for them or do the players decide? I’m also surprised a player would change as the puck is being dumped into your own zone.

Little bit of both. I’d suspect Marchand has freedom to stay until he is tired. That goal was the result of poor/lazy decisions by him in the offensive zone which led to the rush, then a less than stellar effort by him to stop the puck carrier.

That goal was just deflating for everyone. They had very little jump or urgency after that – the second period was a total slog.

Disappointing ending to a very entertaining season.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar