Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/10/19 – 6/16/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 208 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Participant

If you had told me before the series that the Bruins would go 1-3 at home in the series, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Has Almost-A-Coach minimized the Blues’ victory by pointing out that they relied on a hot goaltender in game 7 or that St. Louis was lucky to have avoided Tampa Bay in the final series? For consistency’s sake, I hope he has.

Six years apart and all, but losing 5 of your last 6 at home in the finals is weird.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

On Marchand, he was gassed from a long offensive shift. Once Pietrangelo got by him, the only thing to do was to change since he wasn’t going to catch back up to him. The problem wasn’t a lazy change, it was preventing the break in the first place. There were a couple other times in the playoffs where Marchand tried to make too many moves when he was at the blue line for a pinching defenseman.

Rask getting beat on O’Reilly’s deflection is bad luck. Maybe he could’ve made the stop on Pietrangelo? In the third the B’s are going all out for a goal and hung Rask out to dry.

Things just didn’t go their way, and it’s too bad. I’m not playing the blame game though – sometimes you get the puck luck and sometimes you don’t. Bruins got a ton of pucks on Binnington to start, and if Marchand’s or another slips by like O’Reilly’s did, they probably win. I do think they came out with the mentality that they were going to score first and win no matter what. Once that didn’t happen there was nothing left.

3 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

Bruins were passing/handling the puck like it was a Squirt practice.  Just wasn’t their night for whatever reason.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I get that the C’s want to keep Tatum in any Davis deal, especially since Davis will likely leave. I do think that now is a good time to sell high on Tatum. I know he’s young, blah blah blah. He does not project as a guy that is going to be able to get by his man at this level. I think he may get exposed a bit this year if called upon to create his own shot. I’d be elated to be wrong, but I’m pessimistic. I’m thinking more Rashard Lewis than Kevin Durant.

I agree on Tatum, but why even bother with Davis?  Kyrie firing his agent and reportedly going to Roc Nation would indicate he’s going to Brooklyn.  So trade for Davis only to have him sulk around for a year then walk?  I need a year of Rich Paul like I need a hole in the head.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Each team only won 1 home game.  It was an odd series in general, both teams up and down.  23 shots one night, 37 the next.  Yank the goalie one game, he makes great saves the next.  Losing an OT game in a series like that always sucks, and having a game like game 5 where you are putting pucks on the net and nothing.

Feejis
    Participant

Binnington was good but he was leaving rebounds all over the place. STL did a good job cleaning them up and the Bruins were never able to capitalize.

jforb
    Participant

Also felt like they had a bunch of shots that went straight at Binnington even when it looked like a good portion of the net was open.

Humphrey
    Participant

Also felt like they had a bunch of shots that went straight at Binnington even when it looked like a good portion of the net was open.

There were a couple yesterday where he slid across the net and stopped the puck, certainly nice saves….but on both of them it seemed like the Bruin had time to flip it up higher and if they did, he had no chance at all.

Feejis
    Participant

There were a couple yesterday where he slid across the net and stopped the puck, certainly nice saves….but on both of them it seemed like the Bruin had time to flip it up higher and if they did, he had no chance at all.

Nordstrom one was the last chance they had to make it a game. STL scored their 3rd not long after.

Lebron
    Participant

Was just thinking the Bruins have lost 7 of the last 8 times they’ve been to the finals.  Lost in 74, 77, 78, 88, 90, 13 and 19.  I’m still pissed about ‘90.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Entertaining basketball game so far.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Update: Wildly entertaining game as of the middle of the 4th.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Holy Shit. It’s the no TO’s left TO.

BrianInLA
    Participant

What an odd back to back night of series enders. Wouldn’t have expected either to go that way.

Only 1 penalty called last night and it was a puck over glass? Cant argue about that I suppose.

I have never heard of 4 of the 8 Red Sox pitchers in todays boxscore. Shawaryn? Come on.

Coma
    Participant

I’m not a Raptors fan, but, if I was, I would avoid anything with a “We the North” slogan on it at all costs.

Hacksaw
    Participant

When do the Raptors visit the White House?

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

That the Warriors lost Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson, and that the Lightning, Capitals, Penguins, Sharks and Knights were all knocked out … it really doesn’t get better than that when it comes to favorable championship conditions.

Injuries to other teams two rounds after you were eliminated made for better path to a title.

Humphrey
    Participant

Was just thinking the Bruins have lost 7 of the last 8 times they’ve been to the finals. Lost in 74, 77, 78, 88, 90, 13 and 19. I’m still pissed about ‘90.

Game 1 empty net in overtime, 1990, is still in my memory bank and hockey is not something I remember much about.

1988 they were not in the same league as the Oilers but there was the power failure fiasco at a building that should have been torn down around the time Bill Russell retired (20 years before that).

Humphrey
    Participant

What an odd back to back night of series enders. Wouldn’t have expected either to go that way.

Only 1 penalty called last night and it was a puck over glass? Cant argue about that I suppose.

I have never heard of 4 of the 8 Red Sox pitchers in todays boxscore. Shawaryn? Come on.

On NESN they were referring to My Sharona. He better be good or be gone if they are going to keep mentioning that song.

Humphrey
    Participant

When do the Raptors visit the White House?

They’ll be going to Oattawa, right?

Participant

It’s Friday, you know what that means….

Mindy Kaling wasn’t “the funny one” in the classroom at Buckingham Browne & Nichols School in Cambridge. Instead, she was a good student who went home and devoured every bit of comedy she could get her hands on.

You have so many projects in the works that it’s hard to keep track, and you’re the mother of an 18-month-old. At the risk of asking the most cliched question successful working moms always get asked, I’m genuinely curious: How do you do it all?

Suzy
    Participant

It’s Friday, you know what that means….

Mindy Kaling wasn’t “the funny one” in the classroom at Buckingham Browne & Nichols School in Cambridge. Instead, she was a good student who went home and devoured every bit of comedy she could get her hands on.

You have so many projects in the works that it’s hard to keep track, and you’re the mother of an 18-month-old. At the risk of asking the most cliched question successful working moms always get asked, I’m genuinely curious: How do you do it all?
    :puke: :puke:

jforb
    Participant

It’s a day ending in y Zip.

chicowalker
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m told by my friend who works at Twin River that unfortunately it is not Fred and Steve’s :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar