Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/10/19 – 6/16/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 208 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Participant

I’m told by my friend who works at Twin River that unfortunately it is not Fred and Steve’s :lol:

Bruins were -220 down there on Weds afternoon – ouch.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Twin river is pretty good overall but the race book is a dump. Smerlas place looks pretty good but way over priced. They need a few dining options between Smerlas and the other options like the sports book restaurant.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m told by my friend who works at Twin River that unfortunately it is not Fred and Steve’s :lol:

I’ve never bet hockey but that seems insane for a game 7, nobody significantly injured, in the sport where home field advantage matters (seemingly) less

Humphrey
    Participant

I’ve never bet hockey but that seems insane for a game 7, nobody significantly injured, in the sport where home field advantage matters (seemingly) less

That has to be unprecedented- NHL and NBA each had 5 road wins in the finals, with the NBA having 5 road wins in a row.

Participant

That has to be unprecedented- NHL and NBA each had 5 road wins in the finals, with the NBA having 5 road wins in a row.

Would guess it’s because the locals were hammering the Bruins?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Old Bastard me remembers (dimly) when George Halas went to court to try to keep George Allen from going from DC of the Bears to HC of the Rams (1966). Today the Houston Texans dropped their attempt to hire away Nick Caserio after the Pats filed a tampering charge on Wednesday. I’m sure the Pats’ case was very persuasive.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Was just thinking the Bruins have lost 7 of the last 8 times they’ve been to the finals. Lost in 74, 77, 78, 88, 90, 13 and 19. I’m still pissed about ‘90.

Game 1 empty net in overtime, 1990, is still in my memory bank and hockey is not something I remember much about.

1988 they were not in the same league as the Oilers but there was the power failure fiasco at a building that should have been torn down around the time Bill Russell retired (20 years before that).

Still remember the Wesley miss so vividly that it popped right back into my head the other night when one of the Bruins had the goalie flat and couldn’t lift it over him when it was still 2-0. The Wesley one had to have done some psychological damage.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Old Bastard me remembers (dimly) when George Halas went to court to try to keep George Allen from going from DC of the Bears to HC of the Rams (1966). Today the Houston Texans dropped their attempt to hire away Nick Caserio after the Pats filed a tampering charge on Wednesday. I’m sure the Pats’ case was very persuasive.

Pats told Twitter and Facebook to shut down JJ Watts account, Texans fell for it.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Was just thinking the Bruins have lost 7 of the last 8 times they’ve been to the finals. Lost in 74, 77, 78, 88, 90, 13 and 19. I’m still pissed about ‘90.

Game 1 empty net in overtime, 1990, is still in my memory bank and hockey is not something I remember much about.

1988 they were not in the same league as the Oilers but there was the power failure fiasco at a building that should have been torn down around the time Bill Russell retired (20 years before that).

Still remember the Wesley miss so vividly that it popped right back into my head the other night when one of the Bruins had the goalie flat and couldn’t lift it over him when it was still 2-0. The Wesley one had to have done some psychological damage.

Yeah, it did psychological damage to ME.   I spent years after that plotting Wesley’s murder.   I would have been like the guy who shot Gumby “did You ever think Lefty would shoot Wesley?”  “ Oh, sure – it’s all he ever talked about.”

Humphrey
    Participant

I think you mean Buckwheat but I get your point. Or maybe there was another sketch I never saw.

Lefty

I think you mean Buckwheat but I get your point. Or maybe there was another sketch I never saw.

I did mean Buckwheat- you are right, good catch.

Lefty

So, I don’t like the report that Davis is headed to the Lakers

But I DO like the fact that Magic couldn’t get it done when he tried and now the Lakers do it after he is gone.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Lakes gave up half the team so who wants to trade half the Celtics for 1 year.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Also if Kyrie thinks he can win with Brooklyn see ya. A few moves by Ainge will give Kyrie his best shot. He can wait for Durant but it’s going to be a while.

Hacksaw
    Participant

O.J. Simpson is back and he has a twitter account.

Lebron
    Participant

The pick swaps in that Davis trade could get interesting with Lebron getting older and Davis looking prime for some major injury.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not a big golf guy but repeating the annual Fox’s US Open coverage blows.  Choppy in their cameras and they still haven’t figured out it’s a major people watching want a leader board on the screen pretty regularly.

Suzy
    Participant

Watching Two on AMC right now after catching a good portion of The Deer Hunter last night. Totally in awe of what a fantastic actor Robert DeNiro was before he became an icon. The guy never hits a false note in either movie.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

First movie I ever saw DeNiro in was Bang the Drum Slowly. He played the dying catcher. Best thing about that whole picture.

Robby DeNiro was great in “Bang,” Danny. Just goes to show you it always comes back to The Grand Old Game.

:rollseyes:

Claude45
    Participant

Really hoping Davis will be one and done with the Lakers. That would be fantastic but too much to wish for. I can’t stand all the miserable NBA stars suffering through another season making $20-40 million. “I need to take care of me and my family.” Sure, just shut the fuck up about it, play out your contract and move on. Leave me out of the bullshit.  I understand it worked out with Kawhi but I don’t understand how you trust guys who quit on a team for season. That would be tough for me as a GM to give up all those “assets” and cash to have Davis demand a trade and sit out the balance of the season because you didn’t put enough around him. Bunch of whiney pussies.

Happy Fathers Day to those who qualify!

Yahtzee
    Participant

According to Facebook, no one had a mediocre dad.

Humphrey
    Participant

Why does Durant collecting 30+ million to rehab on the Warriors’ dime not offend me, even if he signs w/someone else in 2020; but the concept of the Knicks or someone else paying him to not play as part of a max deal does?

Lebron
    Participant

Max contracts drive so much of this stuff, the players get stuck in signing with the team they are currently under contract with at the time of free agency if they want the most money, which is capped anyhow. Then the rookie contract you sign you’re still not in control when it expires.  All of that plus the 1 and done rule was all done to protect the owners from themselves.  I hate it as well but players lose years and dollars when they hit free agency if they sign elsewhere especially now if you’re eligible for the super max.  I get the players doing what they are because it’s not just destination it’s also money and years.

TJM
    Participant

That’s only cuz my kid is too young to post

3 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Oh I know plenty

they simply don’t post about it.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar