Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/10/19 – 6/16/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 208 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  NASCL 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’d never been to a pro golf tournament before so I decided to go to the US Open at Pebble Beach this week (Thurs-Sat). Very fun.

Flying home on JetBlue and watching now. Having familiarity with the course is really making this a cool watch.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

No way I would have given up both Tatum and that Memphis pick in 2 years.

Rather Danny shoot his proverbial wad over Clint Capela. Under contract for 4 more years

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’d never been to a pro golf tournament before so I decided to go to the US Open at Pebble Beach this week (Thurs-Sat). Very fun.

Flying home on JetBlue and watching now. Having familiarity with the course is really making this a cool watch.

Were you able to get a good deal on hotel? We looked into going up this weekend but the prices were insane.  I love that whole area up there from the aquarium to the Dali museum.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Were you able to get a good deal on hotel? We looked into going up this weekend but the prices were insane. I love that whole area up there from the aquarium to the Dali museum.

Went with a friend who lives near San Jose so didn’t have to worry about that. Can’t fathom what folks might be renting their houses out for.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Last year we rented for a week in Palo Alto and paid $1483.00. It was a two bedroom no frills condo.

Big Fat O
    Participant

More annoying, retards who yell get in the hole or Joe Buck?

Woodland is hoping he doesn’t fuck up at this point. Par all the way in and it’s his.

Coma
    Participant

Joe Gill on the Bruins loss:

Why should I “get over” the Bruins lost? Since my birth in 1973 the Bruins are 1-7 (I only remember the last 5)in the Cup Final. Why should I be okay with that? Why should I accept not winning more championships?

I don’t think a fan should be satisfied with their favorite team losing a championship game or that they should immediately shrug their shoulders after a loss and move on. You can be mad about it and stew about it. You can hold onto your team being screwed by a bad call, an unlucky bounce, or poor performance for decades. At some point, though, you have to reconcile that disappointment with the fact that you were a supporter, a spectator. If Joe doesn’t want to “accept not winning more championships,” then what is he doing to improve the team? What will he do in this offseason in terms of scouting, conditioning and game planning to make sure the 2019-2020 Bruins are better than this year’s version? What trades will he make or reject in-season and what adjustments will he make in the playoffs to ensure that his team will win the Stanley Cup next year? And when will he realize that, even if they do, the Bruins will then be 2-8 in Cup Finals.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Joe’s gargantuan sense of self-entitlement defines him. He goes through life in perpetual belief he’s criminally unrewarded, and relentlessly seeking avenues to lodge his complaint.

1 user thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

It all comes back to

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar