Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/12/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 6 months ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Today’s topic … WORDPRESS: THREAT, OR MENACE?

My lost post of yesterday was something on the order of debunking the rumor that Kenyatta Jones’ passing was NOT linked in any way to the Patriots’ secret campaign to wipe out potential leakers of information like last Friday’s Reddit Guy escapade.

Yeah, not exactly an earth-shattering contribution to the BSMW dialogue.   :rollseyes:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Today’s topic … WORDPRESS: THREAT, OR MENACE? My lost post of yesterday was something on the order of debunking the rumor that Kenyatta Jones’ passing was NOT linked in any way to the Patriots’ secret campaign to wipe out potential leakers of information like last Friday’s Reddit Guy escapade. Yeah, not exactly an earth-shattering contribution to the BSMW dialogue. :rollseyes:

Meh, double-negative. Fixed it.  And, no, I’m not going serial post today. Promise.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Tennis Ball Head Volin floating a “Maybe Edelman leaked the story himself” theory.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

My lost post of yesterday was something on the order of debunking the rumor that Kenyatta Jones’ passing was NOT linked in any way to the Patriots’ secret campaign to wipe out potential leakers of information like last Friday’s Reddit Guy escapade. Yeah, not exactly an earth-shattering contribution to the BSMW dialogue. :rollseyes:

I had to repost a long post that disappeared as well. I think it was the multiple Twitter links I included. Luckily, it was still there when I clicked the back button.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Reliable source Lifshatz says Lebron to the Lakers is done.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m no hoops expert, but keeping James out of Philly seems like the ideal scenario, wherever he lands.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’m guessing its Lebron, George and Cousins to LA to play with Ball and Ingram.  Probably win 55 games.

InThisTown
    Participant

Tennis Ball Head Volin floating a “Maybe Edelman leaked the story himself” theory.

I don’t think that makes much sense but his assistant Shannen – yappity yap yap yap.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I’m guessing its Lebron, George and Cousins to LA to play with Ball and Ingram. Probably win 55 games.

I think Ball or Simmons for that matter aren’t the right type of players for Lebron. Sure they can take some of the offensive load by initiating the offense but their lack of shooting would be brutal. To me, it makes more sense to pair up with Chris Paul.

Lebron
    Participant

Lebron to Philly would be fantastic.  Embiid would be in the post with his hand up like Horseshack while Lebron does his thing, probably go on Twitter demanding a trade daily by Thanksgiving.  Guessing Simmons would meander up and down the court with that Ventrone ‘whatever’ look.  Fultz would definitely cry.  A lot.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’m guessing its Lebron, George and Cousins to LA to play with Ball and Ingram. Probably win 55 games.

I think Ball or Simmons for that matter aren’t the right type of players for Lebron. Sure they can take some of the offensive load by initiating the offense but their lack of shooting would be brutal. To me, it makes more sense to pair up with Chris Paul.

Paul does make more sense, but probably won’t happen in LA with the #2 pick used on Lonzo Ball. Ball is probably going to be as good a guard as there is that can’t shoot. If he can ever make 33% on catch and shoot threes we can readjust the 55 wins to 60.  His father is a cunt and he looks like the Situation but he’s very good defensively and a pretty gifted playmaker.

Lakers can max out James and George and then probably sign Cousins to a short term low salary contract given that he is coming off of serious injury. That’s probably the best team that he can put together in LA.

InThisTown
    Participant

Cousins is going to sign for low dollars? Seems that some team with space will pay him maxish money on a two year deal.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Lebron to Philly would be fantastic. Embiid would be in the post with his hand up like Horseshack while Lebron does his thing, probably go on Twitter demanding a trade daily by Thanksgiving. Guessing Simmons would meander up and down the court with that Ventrone ‘whatever’ look. Fultz would definitely cry. A lot.

It would be great. One guy defending LeBron. One guy following Redick. The other three defenders hanging around in the paint waiting for LeBron.

LeBron’s too smart for that one. I wonder if he’ll engineer an ouster for Ball if he goes to LA.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Cousins is going to sign for low dollars? Seems that some team with space will pay him maxish money on a two year deal.

No info, just a prediction built upon the prediction of James and George to LA too.

jforb
    Participant

20 days to go from 8300 to 8400

Humphrey
    Participant

Paul does make more sense, but probably won’t happen in LA with the #2 pick used on Lonzo Ball. Ball is probably going to be as good a guard as there is that can’t shoot. If he can ever make 33% on catch and shoot threes we can readjust the 55 wins to 60. His father is a cunt and he looks like the Situation but he’s very good defensively and a pretty gifted playmaker. Lakers can max out James and George and then probably sign Cousins to a short term low salary contract given that he is coming off of serious injury. That’s probably the best team that he can put together in LA.

Maybe it’s just self-serving bs, but Lebron stresses smarts (basketball that is) when talking about teammates.   Don’t think Cousins qualifies in that regard.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Paul does make more sense, but probably won’t happen in LA with the #2 pick used on Lonzo Ball. Ball is probably going to be as good a guard as there is that can’t shoot. If he can ever make 33% on catch and shoot threes we can readjust the 55 wins to 60. His father is a cunt and he looks like the Situation but he’s very good defensively and a pretty gifted playmaker. Lakers can max out James and George and then probably sign Cousins to a short term low salary contract given that he is coming off of serious injury. That’s probably the best team that he can put together in LA.

Maybe it’s just self-serving bs, but Lebron stresses smarts (basketball that is) when talking about teammates. Don’t think Cousins qualifies in that regard.

He advocated for the Cavs signing JR Smith

jforb
    Participant

He advocated for the Cavs signing JR Smith

How long until we find out that whiteboard actually meant JR’s teeth?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

My lost post of yesterday was something on the order of debunking the rumor that Kenyatta Jones’ passing was NOT linked in any way to the Patriots’ secret campaign to wipe out potential leakers of information like last Friday’s Reddit Guy escapade. Yeah, not exactly an earth-shattering contribution to the BSMW dialogue. :rollseyes:

I had to repost a long post that disappeared as well. I think it was the multiple Twitter links I included. Luckily, it was still there when I clicked the back button.

My favorite new WordPress wrinkle is the giant blank space where an ad used to be in a replied-to post.  :ozzy: Threat AND menace.  :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

My favorite new WordPress wrinkle is the giant blank space where an ad used to be in a replied-to post. :ozzy: Threat AND menace. :ozzy:

Can we chime in with the mobile design complaints or is that a topic for another slow summer day?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Has BB ever done this before? Seems a bit odd.

Coma
    Participant

It shows Belichick’s checked out, Mike. It does!

A couple of other tangents to this move, both from points raised at PFT: Florio described OTAs as the building blocks of the season when he was commenting on the significance of Brady and Gronkowski missing the voluntary sessions. A week or so later, he mentioned that the NFL cancelling two of the Ravens OTA sessions isn’t much of a penalty because other teams have, like the Patriots just did, cancelled OTAs on their own. I guess OTAs play a key role in preparing a team for the upcoming season as long as that storyline generates some clicks.

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of the Ravens, Brother John and the Gang were back at it today and running drills with Lamar Jackson lining up in different positions

“Gosh, I sure like him out there helping us,” coach John Harbaugh said of Jackson. “If you put two quarterbacks on the field at once, what options does it create for our offense? That’s what we’re trying to figure out.”

Sounds like Forrest asking Bubba how many different ways there are to prepare shrimp.  Hopefully there’s no deception involved.  And of course I’m sure he’ll allow the refs to warn the opponent if any deception is planned so they can adjust.  Gosh, you’re an asshole.

Lebron
    Participant

Andy Luck threw a high school sized football today!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Solidarity strike with the Ravens?

Kevin
    Participant

What’s this about?

Lebron
    Participant

The ending of that Florida-Auburn game last night was nuts.  Auburn had made so many great plays in the field and then lose on a home run of the right fielder’s glove.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

What’s this about?

Kirk spent an hour talking about stuff he cannot talk about when talking about the show just to show the suits how tough he is when talking about what happens behind the scenes after he talks about the show.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

‘I stopped cowering in fear weeks ago’ has a Breer cadence to it.

Lebron
    Participant

Guessing this was the topic

CMurphy

Replying to @kirkmin
    This is bullshit @JoeZWEEI @MarkHan25 @KenLairdWEEI @_ChrisCurtis. The Transgender sports discussion was in no way out of bounds, or prejudicial. Management at @weei can fuck right off.

NASCL
    Participant

Cal Murphy, one of the greats, Danny.

Oh, wait, never mind.

Kevin
    Participant

These guys can’t help themselves. :lol:

Dean Wormer knows the number of minutes when I feel the need to talk about transgender issues.

Coma
    Participant

Guessing this was the topic

CMurphy ‏ Replying to @kirkmin This is bullshit @JoeZWEEI @MarkHan25 @KenLairdWEEI @_ChrisCurtis. The Transgender sports discussion was in no way out of bounds, or prejudicial. Management at @weei can fuck right off.

I think the morning show guys on EEI are the right group to have an informed and nuanced discussion about transgender sports. It’s thermodynamically impossible for anything to go wrong there.

Also, I wasn’t able to reply to posts yesterday because I had violated WordPress’ Article 46, so I wanted to comment on BBTL’s post about Trenni. She has been open about her issues with with anxiety/depression in the past and how they led to her quitting her job at MLB Network even though it seemed like she “had it all” at that point in her life. I can only look at it from my frame of reference, but how does someone with those issues go on the radio, comment on rumors then create new, poorly thought out “rumors” based on those and not worry that someone’s going to figure out that you’re full of crap and fire you. Or that someone will notice there’s no difference between the people who call and text crazy stuff and the hosts who say the same thing. Maybe however she’s treating/dealing with her issues leaves her with no introspection or self-awareness.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I see what’s going on here…Brady, Gronk, and BB the coach are pissed at BB the GM.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar