June 21, 2019 at 9:24 pm #140390Big Fat OParticipant
Dale will be there to buy the used jocks.June 22, 2019 at 9:17 am #140391Danny DubersteinParticipant
Supposedly, Al has a back pocket 4/112 from a team not named the Mavericks or Celtics.
Some of the GMs spend money like a 2nd semester freshman when the loan check arrives.June 22, 2019 at 9:35 am #140392Canadian SoldierParticipant
Watched the NHL Draft more than I meant to last night. It was a yawner from the Bruins’ perspective, since they sat at 30 and didn’t move up or down. Here’s what I remember:
June 22, 2019 at 10:58 am #140393NASCLParticipantJune 22, 2019 at 1:19 pm #140394
- Gary Bettman may get booed even more than Roger Goodell at his public events. He resorted to the cheap trick of introducing the Sedins to share the stage, and announced (on behalf of the Canucks) that their sweater numbers will be retired this coming season. And he still got booed.
- Vancouver’s hate for the Bruins is still going strong, eight years on. Native British Columbian Cam Neely was booed off the platform too, and couldn’t even get a cheer for his hometown, Maple Ridge.
- Bettman is not a very tall man. Peter Dinklage would be good choice to play him in a biopic. (Just as the late Max “Nosferatu” Schreck would be a perfect Adam Silver.)
- The NBCSN crew was lusting for the Bruins to take Arthur Kaliyev, said to be the third-best pure goal scorer available and formerly projected to go in the top dozen. But he’s still on the board for Round 2. They kept cutting to him sitting in the stands, scowling, and the scowl got worse and worse all night.
- Off-camera it sounded like host Liam McHugh and draft analyst Craig Button don’t really like each other very much.
- John Beecher may or may not be a reacher at #30.
What was with the parade of team execs to the podium for every pick? Ray Shero was thanking everyone in Canada before the top pick, sounded like a hostage video. And he was a breath of fresh air and excitement compared to the intro by the Sedin sisters. The Wings pick was funny, the kid himself had a you serious Clark look on his face.June 22, 2019 at 1:21 pm #140395
“Estate Sale’ is just fancy talk for a garage/yard sale right?June 22, 2019 at 3:01 pm #140397LeftyModerator
Subban to the Devils and JT Smith to the Canucks as NHL teams start to get rid of salary.
And, Toronto manages to convince Carolina to take Patrick Marleau’s POS contract giving the Leafs some cap space.June 22, 2019 at 3:22 pm #140399
I like to think of the Subban move as another team thinking he’s more of an asshole than he’s worth.June 22, 2019 at 5:04 pm #140400YahtzeeParticipant
“Estate Sale’ is just fancy talk for a garage/yard sale right?
I too thought it was for dead people.June 22, 2019 at 7:51 pm #140402jforbParticipantJune 22, 2019 at 8:00 pm #140403YahtzeeParticipant
15th blown save for Sox.June 24, 2019 at 9:03 am #140405Nick BParticipantJune 24, 2019 at 9:29 am #140406Nick BParticipant
This past Saturday was the Sixth Annual Odin Lloyd football Classic.June 24, 2019 at 9:46 am #140407Danny DubersteinParticipant
I went to see Dead and Co. Saturday at Gillette, 300 level was undersold..so I took the free upgrade to the field.
I’ve never seen a bigger security/police presence at a concert. Lost count at the 7th person being wheel chaired out, 1 on a stretcher (hit his head), and 5 arrests. And that was just on the right side of the field, I didn’t move around much.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.